PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst concert you have ever seen??

guwapo_rocker
07-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Worst concert ever.....

For me it was Roger Waters about 20 years ago.

Eric Clapton was playing in his band despite some awful

stomach ailment. After the first hour everyone in the crowd

either had a terrible stomach ailment, was asleep, or half

way home.

We left after the first boring and depressing hour.

Warham
07-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Worst concert was the Van Halen III tour I saw in Chicago.

Antman
07-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I literally fell asleep at Stryper. Laugh all you want. I admit it I went to see Stryper. TNT and Loudness opened. It was the first show I ever walked out on, until GNR w/ Metallica. I left during GNR.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Worst concert was the Van Halen III tour I saw in Chicago.

Beat me to it.... The VH III tour here....

Gary's theatrics, acting if he were so emotional onstage, were so fake it was comical....

To top it off, they played an acoustics song (Josephina) for an encore... Pathetic...

classicdude
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Man, where to begin? Some you just wish you had stayed home. I saw Lou Gramm (Foreigner) not too long back and dude was at least a deuce and a half, if not a three-hundra. Huffing oxygen between songs....it was not pretty...he ought to team up with the Spamster for the pork chop tour, LOL!

Mr Badguy
07-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Poison on the "Native tongue" tour with Ritchie Kotzen on guitar.

Fuckin` rubbish.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
I saw Lou Gramm (Foreigner) not too long back and dude was at least a deuce and a half, if not a three-hundra. Huffing oxygen between songs....it was not pretty...he ought to team up with the Spamster for the pork chop tour, LOL!

That was after he had brain surgery, right ???

Whew, rough crowd... ;)

Big Troubles
07-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Poison? That must have been hell dude! Most concerts Ive been to have been clubs. Mostly because big concerts just dont do it for me. Forgotten rebels, Teenage Head, Sons of Freedom, National Velvet, Ray Lyell, Platinum Blonde, Max Webster, Dead Milkmen and the headstones have all been greats for me. 300 people or less is steallr for me. I cant imagine having a good time with 30,ooo other people at a stadium unless its free, and that includes the booze.

Big Troubles
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah, and April Wine just this past winter. (if your Canadian you'll know these bands) :D

pete
07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
April Wine still plays?

same band?

Mezro
07-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Monsters of Rock 1988 - the second Van Hagar took to the stage I left!

Mezro...that was the same time that I saw Michael Anthony later that night and yelled at him...

pete
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
toss up

DIO

Duran Duran

Big Troubles
07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by pete
April Wine still plays?

same band?

possibly not the same guys, cause I only recognised two of them. They sounded pretty tight though, I was impressed. Prism is coming here in a few days. Heard of them? "Young and the Restless?"

Big Troubles
07-12-2004, 09:41 PM
toss up

DIO

Duran Duran

as worst? Dio wasn't good? I liked a few by Duran Duran. Wild Boys, Reflex and White Lines was cool.

tobinentinc
07-12-2004, 11:28 PM
I'd say Kanasas this year were pretty bad, and Bon Jovi last year. They did the 1st half acoustic and it just plain sucked.

Jano
07-13-2004, 02:00 PM
The scorpions in1985 with mama's boys for opening !

Figs
07-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Van Morrisson in late 80's early 90's. He sang all newer material, which sucked, and did a horrible, bored rendition of Moondance.

classicdude
07-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Another: Milli Vanilli - those lip-synching no talent hacks. The ex-wife just had to go...I tried to tell her through the whole show they were faking it, but she wouldn't believe me. Stupid bitch.

scottydabodi
07-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Shit... I'd have to say the WORST concert I ever saw was Candlebox opening for Rush in 1994. They fucking sucked...

Big Troubles
07-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Rush aint too far behind Candlebox though. ;)

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Guns N Roses 1991 Dallas. It was the first show they played after the St Louis Riot. Axl was an ass, and the sound was terrible because they had to replace much of their equipment for the show. It was a tour for the Use Your Illusion albums, but they hadn't been released yet, so I didn't know many of the songs. It was blistering hot, and I was way in the back. There were fights every few minutes in our general vicinity. Axl threatened to walk off the stage several times and the show started an hour late. Other than that, it was pretty cool.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Rush aint too far behind Candlebox though. ;)

Oh come on now BT....

You may not like Rush, but putting them on Candlebox's level ?? I think not....

ALinChainz
07-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Lost a bet ... saw The Beastie Boys.

Not knocking anyone who likes them, just not my thing.

Hecubus
07-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Ashamed to admit this....

Richard Marx

Of Course it was for a piece of ass.....

Crmlcrm216
07-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Definitely the Spice Girls back in '98. The only reason why I went was because my niece wanted me to go with her. They were way late getting on stage and they had a 20 minute intermission during the concert. I was just like...wtf? :sleepy:

kid vegas rules
07-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Easy one here!!

About 10 years ago I saw this dude at the MGM.He had the balls to say that he use to be the lead singer for Van Halen.Then he went on to perform some fucking lounge act!!!!!!!!!!I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on from all the laughter.He hasn't been invited back to the strip since.But his "replacement" is playing 2 sold out nights in 2 more weeks here!!I think the lounge guys name was Dave "something"........

KID VEGAS...................God Bless!!

Dan
07-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Someone forgot to take the trash out tonight,kid vegas rules is still here.

kid vegas rules
07-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Hey what did I say?I just answered the question?

KID VEGAS.....................God Bless!

Dan
07-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Tell us why you are here asshole?

kid vegas rules
07-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Man,why the name calling?There was a question,I answered it.What did I do that was so wrong?Do you know the guy I was talking about?

Hey wait a sec',you not AMERICAN,next please..............

KID VEGAS......................God Bless!!

Dan
07-22-2004, 02:22 AM
What it's like being a fucken clown here at this site?

Dan
07-22-2004, 02:26 AM
BTW,all you have done here is bash Dave and that pisses me off big time.

kid vegas rules
07-22-2004, 02:30 AM
Do me a favor,if I wanted to ask you about Peter Jackson I'd ask.But I don't give a shit about him,so don't comment on Van Halen alright?

KID VEGAS.................God Bless!!

Dan
07-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Who's Peter Jackson anyway?
You mean Dave is Van Halen?

BIGBADZERO
07-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Worst concert ever, definitely The Grateful Dead @ The L.A. Sports Arena 12/9/03. How in the fuck could people actually follow these guys around? I just don't get it.

Also The Vinnie Vincent Invasion opening for Iron Maiden on The Somewhere In Time Tour. Between mark Slaughter screaming his nuts off & V.V.'s obnoxious screaching playing I though my head was gonna explode.

Oh and The Deftones on The Summer Sanitarium tour. They suck balls.

wooda
07-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
Man, where to begin? Some you just wish you had stayed home. I saw Lou Gramm (Foreigner) not too long back and dude was at least a deuce and a half, if not a three-hundra. Huffing oxygen between songs....it was not pretty...he ought to team up with the Spamster for the pork chop tour, LOL!
Your prayers have been answered!

Vanstonica
07-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Shania Twain. Once again, it was in the hopes of getting laid.

I should have just taken my headphones....at least Shania is easy on the eyes.

BruinJer
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Bullet Boys at the Santa Monica Civic center & Nana (Spanish rock band) at Universal Ampletheater.... Nana SUCKED ASS. My reward for going was getting laid!

classicdude
07-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
I'd say Kanasas this year were pretty bad, and Bon Jovi last year. They did the 1st half acoustic and it just plain sucked.

I saw Kansas last year...and damned if Robbie Steinhardt didn't look like Jerry Garcia!

On another note, maybe we should start a new thread....not the worst concerts, but which concerts you are embarassed to admit you have seen. :cool:

secrets
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Warrant (in support for David Lee Roth) easily the most forgettable band I've ever seen.

Best support was Primus opening for Rush, wow that was something.

Full Bug
07-26-2004, 04:40 PM

Duran Duran
Duran Duran? If you went to my school and admitted you went to see that fag band you would have had the shit kicked out of you everyday.... :rolleyes:

Sarge
07-27-2004, 01:23 PM
I am going to have to say Joe Walsh..
I saw him in 1997 in Hawaii and I couldn't understand anything he said..

Full Bug
07-27-2004, 04:32 PM
KISS was the worst I have seen, on the Crazy Nights tour, the sound sucked bad and the whole show just wasnt as good as I expected it to be....

Chaz Rock City
08-05-2004, 02:23 AM
The Ramones in 96. They just stand there and play the same song gor an Hour and a half.

dave_is_vh
08-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Without a doubt Aeorsmith. They have a couple good songs (Dream On, Sweet Emotion, Angel), but they essentially suck. And they REALLY suck live. Thank god Dokken with George Lynch was opening.

LoungeMachine
08-17-2004, 10:55 PM
April Wine still plays?

Pete, for pete's sake.

Your question assumes the fact they EVER played

What's next?, a Quarterflash review?

April Wine is Canada's revenge for years of Leif Garretts

What's the difference between Canada and Yogurt?

Yogurt has active, living cultures

FORD
08-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Hey, April Wine had at least 2 hits. Or should I say 1 1/2, since the second one blatantly ripped off riffs from the Stones and the Beatles.

LoungeMachine
08-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Hey, April Wine had at least 2 hits. Or should I say 1 1/2, since the second one blatantly ripped off riffs from the Stones and the Beatles.

Satisfaction and Daytripper if memory serves

which it usually doesnt

But hey, if 2 hits registers on the old Ford-O-Meter, that sure opens all the floodgates to mediocrate

Leaves out Autograph though

FORD
08-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by wooda
Your prayers have been answered!

I heard GRH is working on an album. Here's the track list so far...

1) Clog Blooded (Gramm)
2) Porkin' For The Weekend (Reno)
3) Really Really Heavy Metal (Hagar)
4) Double Cheeseburger Vision (Gramm)
5) The Kid Is Fat Tonight (Reno)
6) Remember the Hero Sandwiches (Hagar/Reno)

More tracks to follow......

Bill Lumbergh
08-18-2004, 02:51 AM
My better half dragged me to Alanis Morrisette about 2 years ago............needless to say I got totally fucked up before the show even began.

Bill Lumbergh
08-18-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
KISS was the worst I have seen, on the Crazy Nights tour, the sound sucked bad and the whole show just wasnt as good as I expected it to be....

I have bashed the shit out of Kiss for years, but that was probably the worst tour they ever did(well the current abortion may be), hands down.

Bill Lumbergh
08-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I heard GRH is working on an album. Here's the track list so far...

1) Clog Blooded (Gramm)
2) Porkin' For The Weekend (Reno)
3) Really Really Heavy Metal (Hagar)
4) Double Cheeseburger Vision (Gramm)
5) The Kid Is Fat Tonight (Reno)
6) Remember the Hero Sandwiches (Hagar/Reno)

More tracks to follow......

Wow, never knew Gramm was such a prolific songwriter.

Bill Lumbergh
08-18-2004, 03:00 AM
Based on that pic, Gramm kinda looks like Ed!

DavidLeeNatra
08-18-2004, 05:46 AM
VH III in berlin..but at least all the "we want dave!" shouting was funny as hell...

Susie Q
08-18-2004, 07:22 AM
When I saw Foreigner, I had a great time. I was impressed that this poor dude (Gramm) who had some sort of health problem (no not his weight, I believe it had to do with his brain) he rocked his ass off. He was so sick that night, and yet was able to belt out the tunes. He was so thankful for each fan, and you could honestly see that.

The worst concert I went to was Mark Wills. I nearly fell asleep. Then again.....come to think of it....the worst thing I went to was this local band that I just wanted to punch the girls teeth in. "Hypnotica". Just completely awful. Sounded like a train wreck. They opened up for Dave when he was at a club here in NY.

dave_is_vh
08-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I have bashed the shit out of Kiss for years, but that was probably the worst tour they ever did(well the current abortion may be), hands down.

Kiss rocks aside from the fact that keep playing the same old songs. Ace and Peter needed to be replaced. They can't play anymore.

WolfStar999
08-18-2004, 10:30 AM
King Diamond's last US performance on the "Puppet Master" Tour at the White Rabbit here in San Antonio. We don't call that place "The White Rip-Off" for nothing: first off, the club was wayyyy over-crowded. I played shows in the place with a band I was in a couple of years ago, and there's no way it was made to hold that many people...talk about a fire trap, right? And right before King went on, the jackass that owns the club had one of his famous brain-storms and decided to drop bouncers into the crowd. I wound up with my face being lodged in some fat Samoan bouncer's armpit. I had to go outside and miss a good portion of the show because I was literally about to collapse due to lack of oxygen! However, it must be said that King's performance was great (and I got to meet him after the show- VERY COOL GUY!), and the opening bands were fuckin' stellar. Plus, the whole thing was recorded for a Live Album! (I've been immortalized! WHEEE!)

Tom Foolery
08-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Eagles opened Invesco Field @ Mile High. The sound was terrible and they were just not that great that night. Thankfully we were able to get our money back becuase the stadium agreed the sound sucked ass

singerman
08-23-2004, 07:20 PM
i saw whitesnake in London in 1987...they only played for an hour!!.....and that includes guitar solos and a drum solo....during vivian campbells solo, hes playing all this eighties style fret wanking stuff and suddenly his guitar strap breaks away and his guitar falls to the ground.....not only was it the most tuneful thing he did all night....it also got the loudest cheer....cos trust me...they were fucking shit

bueno bob
08-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Worst band live...

I went to go see Savatage on their "Streets" tour in January of 1992 - allow me to say this - Savatage was, at that time, one of the most powerful live bands I've ever seen or probably ever will, bar none. Small crowd, but Jon and Criss Oliva were in their element and rocked the fuckin place down, bar none - EXTREMELY high energy. Here's the problem...they were out on the "Streets" tour, which was a really transitional time for them, and a lot of the other fans I was talking to that night didn't even know the album was out, and had only heard everything up to "Gutter Ballet". The set was pretty heavy on the new material (logically, since they wanted to expose it), but it was on such a lower-key note that a lot of people in the audience didn't really get it and weren't getting into it...a lot of booing happened, and it didn't really go over too well unless they were playing shit from "Hall of the Mountain King" and prior. Sad, really, because 9 out of 10 Savatage fans today will tell you their favorite album is "Streets" - yet the tour for it pretty well bombed. Go figure.

The opening act for them that night was some local dipshit garage band calling themselves, originally, Undertaker, and they fucking sucked, BAD. A blatant ripoff of Danzig and Judas Priest combined and nothing else.

I saw Opeth this last January, and Opeth are, in so far as I'm concerned, the MOST TALENTED RECORDING MUSICIANS TODAY. So far as metal in general is concerned, and if you haven't heard them yet, go download something and do yourself the favor. It's a mix of, say, Iron Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, ELP and Yes, if you can imagine that, but it's HIGHLY intelligent and their musicianship is second to none. Anyway, onto the point, the opening band was some act called Devil Driver, and I guess the lead singer was from some other extreme metal band...they were fuckin horrible...second opener was Moonspell, and as usual they kicked ass.

Saw Styx in 1990 and the opener was, I guess, the black man's answer to Bruce Springsteen, some guy named Vinnie James, and he was god awful...apparently out on his first album, guess he never took off because I never heard anything else from him. Aerosmith in '93 was wretched...Pride & Glory, a Zakk Wylde thing, opened, so the night wasn't a total loss.

Saw a local Motley Crue tribute act called Live Wire and they were definately on my list of top 5 worst acts ever. However, this Judas Priest tribute band named British Steel was the headliner and some guy named Ripper Owens was singing...I couldn't tell whether it was him or Rob Halford for the whole set, though - so I know that boy could have nailed Rob's voice for the Priest albums HAD THEY WANTED HIM TO. Can't argue with me on that....cool point was that I bought a bass amp from him later on :)

Saw Tiamat opening for Motorhead and Black Sabbath back in 95, Tiamats first song was GREAT and the rest of their set was utter shit. Luckily enough it was only about 4 songs. KMFDM sucked live other than about 2 songs, other than that I could have ran about seven vacuum cleaners in my house and gotten the same sound and a better performance.

Buddy Miles (Hendrix's old drummer) did a local show at a bar here and he was great for about 15 minutes or so, but then we got a sermon for a half an hour on how great God's love was (I'm not making that up, either, I wish I was - walked about of the holy rollerism's after about 15 minutes and he was still going strong as I drove off).

The reunited Misfits in 97 was GREAT, but the downside was that there was no Glenn Danzig anywhere to be seen...which was an upside too, if you look at it, lol...

bueno bob
08-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Oh, and I saw Candlebox as well...hell of a bill, first act was Suicidal Tendencies, second act was Candlebox (who in the fuck decided THAT? Suicidal as first act? Jeeeezus...), headliner was Metallica.

Suicidal kicked ass! Candlebox put everybody to sleep, literally. I saw people crashed out on the ground left and right, people vacating from the front of the stage...really weak show, poor material, and piss poor audience participation...just wretched...Metallica came out and was alright, but after blowing out all my energy during Suicidal and getting depressed with Candlebox, Metallica was very anti-climatic and there was a really low appreciation level with the audience and a lot of people just weren't into it. I left about 8 songs into their set, a lot of other people were leaving too.

sambo
08-24-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Worst band live...

I saw Opeth this last January, and Opeth are, in so far as I'm concerned, the MOST TALENTED RECORDING MUSICIANS TODAY. So far as metal in general is concerned, and if you haven't heard them yet, go download something and do yourself the favor. It's a mix of, say, Iron Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, ELP and Yes, if you can imagine that, but it's HIGHLY intelligent and their musicianship is second to none.

Great call beuno bob- I was lucky enough to see Opeth earlier this year in Melb. Absolutely fckn amazing, great sound, great musicians, great set.

Worst, easy... Van Cherone - Sydney 1998

Panamark
08-24-2004, 08:27 AM
I must have chosen carefully,
I have no bad concerts to report :)

Flash Bastard
08-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I must have chosen carefully,
I have no bad concerts to report :)

Same thing here, but I'm suprised at what lengths people go to get laid.

Richard Marx? :lol:

W.W.D.D.?
08-29-2004, 12:05 AM
It's a tie........

Metallica/The Cult (And Justice For All tour)

Sabastian Bach a couple years ago. I still nearly thow up when I think of that one.