PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of Iraqis Demand Saddam's Execution

ELVIS
07-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Jul 15, 2004

By Mussab Al-Khairalla (http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/302724|top|07-15-2004::08:09|reuters.html)

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Thousands of Iraqis marched through central Baghdad on Thursday demanding the execution of former dictator Saddam Hussein and denouncing Islamist militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Noisy protesters waved Iraqi flags, chanted anti-Saddam slogans and held up posters depicting mass graves.

"Let every fool listen, Saddam has to be executed," "No, No to Tikrit" shouted the crowd in reference to Saddam's hometown north of Baghdad. Protesters also shouted slogans denouncing the United States, Zionism and terrorism.

"Death to Wahabis! Death to Zarqawi!" shouted several hundred people in the heart of Baghdad's commercial district, referring to a strict Sunni Muslim sect based in Saudi Arabia.

Zarqawi, the U.S. military's number one target in Iraq with a $25 million bounty on his head, is suspected of being behind many of the most deadly suicide attacks that have devastated Iraq in the 15 months since Saddam's overthrow.

Protest organizers said they also wanted the government to introduce an annual day of remembrance for victims of Saddam.

"It's crucial we don't forget the past," said 50-year-old Jafar Jasim, a member of the National Islamic Independence party, an organizer of the event alongside humanitarian groups.

"We will ask the Iraqi government to make this day a national holiday," he said.

"We have a specific aim of making sure Saddam is executed. We also want to return Iraqi money to Iraqi hands and demand Syria cleanses its land from terrorists," said Jasim.

As well as in central Baghdad, an estimated 1,000 protesters marched against Saddam and in favor of rebel Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr in the southern Shi'ite city of Najaf. "Long live Sadr. Saddam must be executed." they chanted.

Sadr earlier this year led a two-month uprising against the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq, but has since quietened down.

CANNIBAL JUSTICE

Saddam appeared before an Iraqi judge on July 1 to face charges that could lead to a formal indictment for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide. Iraq's interim government has said the former regime leaders could face the death penalty if convicted.

Demonstrators in Baghdad were determined Saddam should die.

Isa al-Musawi, a 63-year-old man in tribal dress carried a picture of his executed son, Fadhil. He said his son was dragged away from a mosque in 1981 and executed by the former regime.

Musawi said he only found out his son was dead 22 years later, after the U.S-led war, when he found his son's name on a long list of executed political prisoners.

He says Saddam should be executed live on television, but said he would prefer personally to avenge his son's death.

"If Saddam was in my hands, I would eat him alive ... but even that isn't enough of a punishment, he must suffer," he said.

Another protester in Baghdad, Jalal Juma held a picture of his younger brother Jamal who was hauled away in a midnight raid from his house in 1980.

"I heard there was a protest against Saddam's murderous regime so I had to take part," said the 47-year-old businessman. "He was still young and was looking forward to marrying his fiancee," he said. "I still don't know why he was killed."

:elvis:

Big Train
07-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Awfully quite on this thread...no opinions? Any good theories??
Anyone...is this thing on??

BITEYOASS
07-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Fuckin eh! I'm wondering what is taking so damn long. Why not have Michael Moore witness it and try to protest in front of the Iraqi people? Lets see how they react.

Little_Skittles
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
wow some strong feelings if you want to eat someone alive......and as for the t.v. thing well why shouldn't al jeezra televise it?

fanofdave
12-26-2004, 03:08 PM
the iraqi nationals may not like us being on their turf,
but they hate zarqawi and his killing of innocent iraqi's
even more. if zarqawi and other insurgents stopped
their shit, let the military continue rebuiding and let
the iraqi civilian police train without zarqawi's bombings
(the u.s. isn't bombing police stations), then we can
get the fuck out of that mess, leave them to govern
themselves and bring home the troops.

the longer zarqawi and other foreign shitbags keep
bombing, the longer we end up staying. the longer
zarqawi and other foreign shitbags keep blowing up
oil lines, the longer we end up staying. in other words,
stop the insurgents, we finish our mission and get the
fuck out.

good for the iraqi's with common fucking sense.
i want them to take care of themselves and govern
themselves.

Ally_Kat
12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by fanofdave
the iraqi nationals may not like us being on their turf,
but they hate zarqawi and his killing of innocent iraqi's
even more. if zarqawi and other insurgents stopped
their shit, let the military continue rebuiding and let
the iraqi civilian police train without zarqawi's bombings
(the u.s. isn't bombing police stations), then we can
get the fuck out of that mess, leave them to govern
themselves and bring home the troops.

the longer zarqawi and other foreign shitbags keep
bombing, the longer we end up staying. the longer
zarqawi and other foreign shitbags keep blowing up
oil lines, the longer we end up staying. in other words,
stop the insurgents, we finish our mission and get the
fuck out.

good for the iraqi's with common fucking sense.
i want them to take care of themselves and govern
themselves.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!