PDA

View Full Version : Comments On My Band

smaz
07-15-2004, 06:30 PM
www.downsize.cjb.net

Could you please go to my bands website (above) and listen to the songs we have uploaded and write what you think about them for me?? The website isn't great, and I don't know where the songs are upload to on the website because my computer won't load up the site, but check around the site and if there not there then check the forums. The songs were recorded using a tape recorder during a band practice, so the recording may not sound too great (I haven't heard it yet).

Basically, give 'em a listen and let me know what you think of the music?? Cheers.

Smaz - the bassist in the band.

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by smaz
www.downsize.cjb.net

Could you please go to my bands website (above) and listen to the songs we have uploaded and write what you think about them for me?? The website isn't great, and I don't know where the songs are upload to on the website because my computer won't load up the site, but check around the site and if there not there then check the forums. The songs were recorded using a tape recorder during a band practice, so the recording may not sound too great (I haven't heard it yet).

Basically, give 'em a listen and let me know what you think of the music?? Cheers.

Smaz - the bassist in the band.

Stay in school bro.:D

ashstralia
07-17-2004, 05:29 AM
not bad, smaz.
you need a bigger amp!!!!
keep at it mate.

smaz
07-17-2004, 08:31 AM
I need an amp! I don't have one yet 'coz I've only been playing for 3 months and I can't afford one yet. I play through the vocalists 100watt speakers, but we messed up the volume a bit.

smaz
07-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Here's the link to the downloads:
http://www.audiostreet.net/artists/004/703/downsize.html
Please give 'em a listen!!! Most of the people we know are fudge packers and just say it's shite without even listening to it. If you think it is shite, then say so but also why. All we want is a second opinion!!

SweetSecrets
07-18-2004, 06:54 PM
SMAZ! I love that Riff yall have goin' there....It really is a good little hook!

My advice is that the "Let's Ride" solo should start to come in maybe at the 2:00 minute mark in the song (I don't know if that would work though because you have the little drum break thing)....but thats just what I was feeling.

Maybe the solo should be start there and keep going through the end of the song while that kick ass rythm riff starts back behind it.

However....just some constructive critisim (you don't have to take it if its not your thing) but I feel that the solo should be a bit more tasty....with more of a bluesy rock edge to it....a bit more feel rather than the punk kinda sloppy solo sound. I really miss that British rock sound, like from the 60s...the greats like Clapon and the Who.

But....it sounds fabulous! You guys sound pretty cool! Good luck with it all!

-Mary Frances

smaz
07-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Thankyou! And constructive criticism is what we wanted - not to know just whats bad, but why so we can improve it. Cheers Mary!

SweetSecrets
07-18-2004, 06:58 PM
EXCUSE THE SPELLING! SORRY!

SweetSecrets
07-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I was just in London last week, by the way. Britain is defnitely a very cool place. I was amazed at the music history there, and well.......THE HISTORY, PERIOD! I stood in front of Ronnie Scotts club for like half an hour, just drooling. Must be pretty cool to live there!

Peace and love to fellow Brits!!

(I have recently posted some pics of some of the sights I saw in London under the "Music Street," "This is Gear Street," and "Picture Archive Bonanza" forums....but it is all stuff that you have already seen, I am sure...since you live there and all! I had a great vaction there! Cheers to you too!)

SweetSecrets
07-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Once again, like a dumb ass, my spelling!! Sorry!

smaz
07-18-2004, 08:35 PM
I actually haven't been to London much, but I'm going there in August to go look at all the historical music sights etc. prob. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Panamark
07-19-2004, 03:30 AM
G'day Smaz,

The mix is not great, but you already know that. But listening past that, you guys have got a good basic riff and timing in place.
Would love to hear it mixed properly. Are you the lead guitarist ? If so I would probably work on the solo a bit more..

But the foundations are there ! Keep at it dudes !! You will Rock !!

smaz
07-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm the bassist, only been playing for 3 months though. The lead guitarist is Atomic_Rob (user here but rarely posts) and the solo is something we're working on. Cheers for listening + the comment!!

Dan
07-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Not to bad,Lets Ride not bad for one practice.Just keep the dream alive with the band, you guys are still young.

SoCalChelle
07-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by smaz
I'm the bassist, only been playing for 3 months though.

Only 3 months? That's pretty damn good. Let me know when your CD comes out....I'll buy one :)

smaz
07-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I've only been playing for 3 months, so we've only been playing as a band for 3 months. But the drummer, guitarist and vocalist were in a band for quite a while before this. Thanks for the feedback!

DLRdelight!
07-20-2004, 03:35 AM
they sound good to me man, just keep up the good work man, never give up

David Van Via
07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I loved it, it was very good. Well done sir the recording quality isn't that great. But apart from that it was Fantastic.

smaz
07-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks!!!! I wasn't actually expecting people to like it :lol: