PDA

View Full Version : Which Classic VH Album is the best and why?

King VH
07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
which classic vh and song are the best and why? personally my favorite is vh1 right above fair warning, cuz fair warning has a couple bad songs at the end like sunday afternoon in the park, and one foot out the door. vh1 has no bad songs what so ever. plus vh1 is longer than fair warning!

SoCalChelle
07-15-2004, 10:08 PM
My favorite is WACF - every song is great!

tjvhou812
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
van halen 1 is the best album ever period

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
My favorite is WACF - every song is great!

Wow....this is tough. I love 'em all.....but from the original era........1984 for me.

Terry
07-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Don't know about the best, but Fair Warning finds it's way into my CD player a little more than the others, with Women and Children First nipping at it's heels.

Tie for third with Van Halen 2 and Diver Down.

Fourth is Van Halen, and only because I listened to that album so much that I almost don't need to ever again. Those songs are surgically burned into my subconscious.

Don't bother spinning 1984 much anymore. Hot For Teacher, Girl Gone Bad, Drop Dead Legs and House Of Pain get some play now and then, but have given the rest of the tracks a miss for a long time. Eat Em And Smile gets more play than 1984. Just an all around better album. Not classic Van Halen by definition, but closer to the sound, feeling and spirit of it than Sam Halen and Van Cherone ever dreamed of getting.

Matt White
07-15-2004, 11:09 PM
I have always thought of the six-pack as one long glorious recording, from RWTD to House of Pain. And that is about the greatest body of music ever recorded!

Birdie
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
6 Pack

Roth on !!

scottydabodi
07-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Err... trying to calculate one over another from the 6Pack is like trying to say which beer is best from a 6pack. Or if a girl's left tittie is better than the right one!! Ummm, I'm gonna sat Women and Children First. Why, you ask? Cuz I said so.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I have always thought of the six-pack as one long glorious recording, from RWTD to House of Pain. And that is about the greatest body of music ever recorded!

He stole my answer from my profile (fave song)! lol...anyway....I second that notion....from RWTD - House Of Pain, with MWM and CGTSNM as bonus tracks.

Thetruthbaby
07-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Probably VH1 although Fair Warning is close. I never was all that crazy about WACFirst for some reason. Also I think DDOWN is under-rated. Yeah it has the covers, but the originals kick immortal ass and L Guitars is my all time favorite song by VH. Plus ROTH kicks serious ass on The Full Bug. All in all though I'd have to go with VH1. Jamie's Cryin' is (to me) the most under-rated VH song ever along with L Guitars.

bru87tr
07-16-2004, 07:19 PM
VHII has always been my Fav cause Light Up The Sky, DOA, SGMAD, Outta Love Again, Bottoms Up! are exactly what VH was all about.

roadrider
07-16-2004, 07:39 PM
women and children first...the band sings like angels on "in a simple rhyme"..they absolutely rock on "romeo delight"...the dark bluesy, dirty "fools"..."everybody wants some"...and they wrap it up with the foot stompin' square dancin' "could this be magic". rock and roll defined.

horty07
07-16-2004, 07:42 PM
VHII is my pick

David Van Via
07-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Van Halen I is my favourite because all the songs on it are lyrically fantastic and the guitaring is some of the best I've ever heard. Even though my Fav Van Halen song is Little Guitars the rest of the album isn't in the same league as VHI.

Warham
07-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Fair Warning is my fave.

VHFan
07-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Fair Warning would be easy to say, because your not gonna find better guitar playing by Eddie or anyone else EVER period...I can understand how VH I would be on most people's list, cause of Eruption and every song being a WINNER plus being the debut and all too...

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-24-2004, 12:07 PM
I have recently listed to the entire catalog of VH from beginning to the end. For a long time, I would have told you Diver Down was my favorite. But, after careful review, I have to say Van Halen I. The sound and the power of the tracks on that one are so dead on they would give a normal guy wood. Most of my favorite VH songs are on other recordings, but as far as the perfect VH album:
VAN HALEN I

Davidsgrl
07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Van Halen is the best because originals are always better.:killer: :alien:

ClubDave
08-01-2004, 02:07 AM
simple, the best classic vh album, and my favorite album ever is VHII......doa is the most amazing piece of music yo uwill ever hear, the instrumentals never stop coming at you with a ferocious intensity, especially at the end when they pick up speed and rock like only vh can........but what really makes this album great is the song order......it all seems to flow starting with the excellent opener of youre no good, which to me gives a nice steady feel and evh's solo sounds really really good.......from there it seems like every song keeps picking up in intensity and then it slowly descends with women in love, and beautiful girls is such a party song......and really the whole album is like one big party.......and i do believe a party is what vh has always been about, they or more specifically dave is the party, and they started out playing the parties, they just wanted to make kick ass music and have a good time doin it, and before everything got corrupted by the van helsing brothers, thats what they did, i think vhII best represents that and was the big prime for the band

p.s. big props to dlr for his work on light up the sky, i said vh was about a good time, but when the time came dlr knew how to write some really excellent meaningful lyrics, and eddies solo is hot

frenchie
08-01-2004, 08:48 AM
fair warning is really great, eddie makes everything on it, near a solo album in songwritting but nobody knows that

DeadOrAlive
08-13-2004, 10:58 PM
VH2/1984... Can't choose!