PDA

View Full Version : The best Bootleg?

Diamondjimi
07-16-2004, 01:33 AM
What is the best classic VH bootleg you have seen ,heard ,or know of ?
Also is there a particular bootleg/unreleased worthy of the title holy grail ????

EmpyreLounge44
07-16-2004, 01:35 AM
id love to hear a quality boot from the '84 tour since it would have the most complete catalog set

EbDawson
07-16-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
id love to hear a quality boot from the '84 tour since it would have the most complete catalog set

Not really. 84 setlist was too heavy on 1984 album. Diver Down's Hide Your Sheep tour had a much better setlist, lots of earlier tunes. Double whammy opening of Romeo Delight/Unchained kicks ass! If you can score a high quality boot off that tour i.e. Largo or US fest I think that's the way to go. US Fest techically wasn't on the Hide Yo Sheep tour but was basically the same setlist. (I know Dave was wasted a bit but I think it's a great show, to each his own)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2004, 09:48 PM
For those of us idiots who've been on these boards for the last several years, the "holy grail" of Van Halen bootlegs would have to be the COMPLETE Oakland '81 show, which of course has never been released in it's entirety....

Having said that, the three songs that were released as videos in MTV's infancy, "Hear About It Later", "So This Is Love", and my personal favorite boot, "Unchained", were IMO the best VH boots.... "Raw" is the only way to describe them, outstanding....

Some others that are right up there are Largo '82, Sao Paulo '83, and of course the US Festival '83....

Diamondjimi
07-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I have to agree with you . The Oakland footage is the best I've seen.
Having seen that tour myself , it would be cool if they released it some day. Why not? VH are a bunch of money whores anyway!

Diamondjimi
07-16-2004, 10:10 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS A COCKTARD ? !

Big Troubles
07-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Oakland footage was great, but lately Ive been hooked on Us Fest. Thanks to a few people who were talking about it lately. :D Ed's solo in Full Bug was awesome. But anyways.......

Beauvoir
07-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Any chance of the audio from the US FEST getting posted here for downloading?
I need it!!

Thanks!

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
WHAT THE FUCK IS A COCKTARD ? !

What the fuck is a Head Fluffer ? !