PDA

View Full Version : BTB Production Label Van Halen boots

secrets
07-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Anyone here know anything about the BTB production label?

The reason I ask is a pitiful story. Like many people here I want to get hold of quality footage of the original Van Halen live in concert which is not that easy. So far I have Largo '82 and Argentina '83 plus the US festival. But nothing on DVD.

So one day I'm bidding on ebay for Van Halen live in Sau Paulo '83 on DVD, then all of a sudden it disappears so I contact the seller and say I'll buy from him outside of the auction, yes I know this is a big NO NO and you should never do this. Well I did and I've learnt my lesson.

OK still with me? So this was about 3 months ago and guess what? The DVD still hasn't arrived. No surprise! Now I contacted the seller several times and he tells me it must've gotten lost because he definately sent it. He promises to send another one. Guess what this doesn't show up either so the game continues to this day. He promises to send another one it doesn't show up I contact him again.

So I'm not going to say who this guy is (yet). But, this is what he told me in his last email:

"Anything you see with a BTB production label is MY material! I make dvd's...I'm not some kid that just sells them. I am the source for 90% of the VH dvd's out there....so if you buy them from somewhere else and it has my label on it...then you could've just got it from me....if you buy it else where and it doesn't have my label then you're wasting your time! I've been collecting for 20 years and most of my stuff is the best you can find."

Well this didn't make me buy more thankfully. Well what can I say? Perhaps other people have had better dealings with BTB, if so let's hear about it. Otherwise you have been warned.

Cato
07-17-2004, 04:17 PM
does his first name start with a P????

secrets
07-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes Cato it does and his address is Littleton, MA. Please tell more if you know.

Cato
07-17-2004, 04:59 PM
actually his DVDs are awesome but he himself is defective.

I know he's making many people wait...

you had better stay away from P.

secrets
07-17-2004, 05:28 PM
OK, Cato thanks for the advice. But can you (or anyone) recommend anyone else?

I still really want to get hold of good quality DVDs of Classic Van Halen in concert.

Beauvoir
07-17-2004, 08:58 PM
I need some great classic era DVDs too!

Any advice to keep us from getting ripped off like this poor guy?

Dave's PA Rental
07-17-2004, 10:02 PM
fucking Fletch strikes again...

Paul Fletcher.

throw your back out again Fletch?

Rebel
07-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Keep emailing him, he'll send dude.

Cato
07-18-2004, 04:05 AM
posting his real name on the board is OK?

secrets
07-18-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Rebel

Man, I hope so, I've been emailing the guy over the last 3 months and now I've mentioned reporting him to the Better Buisness Bureau. Hope that does the trick.

secrets
07-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Cato
posting his real name on the board is OK?

I didn't, but I guess I'm not alone in being messed about by this guy by the looks of things.

Lou
07-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey I have this going on at sharingthegroove.org, you can just download it from there.

secrets
07-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks fot that Lou.

secrets
07-20-2004, 10:37 AM
If anybody else out there has been ripped of by Mr. F I'd like to hear from you. I've already got the impresson I'm not the only one.

At the end of this month if my VH DVD hasn't arrived after more than 3 months I'm reporting this guy to eBay with the intention of having him banned, the BBB and possibly a higher authority.

Van Halen fans should not be ripped off like this and I'm going to do my best to stop this happening to other fans.

Your support will be appreciated.

pete
07-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by secrets
Anyone here know anything about the BTB production label?

The reason I ask is a pitiful story. Like many people here I want to get hold of quality footage of the original Van Halen live in concert which is not that easy. So far I have Largo '82 and Argentina '83 plus the US festival. But nothing on DVD.

So one day I'm bidding on ebay for Van Halen live in Sau Paulo '83 on DVD, then all of a sudden it disappears so I contact the seller and say I'll buy from him outside of the auction, yes I know this is a big NO NO and you should never do this. Well I did and I've learnt my lesson.

OK still with me? So this was about 3 months ago and guess what? The DVD still hasn't arrived. No surprise! Now I contacted the seller several times and he tells me it must've gotten lost because he definately sent it. He promises to send another one. Guess what this doesn't show up either so the game continues to this day. He promises to send another one it doesn't show up I contact him again.

So I'm not going to say who this guy is (yet). But, this is what he told me in his last email:

"Anything you see with a BTB production label is MY material! I make dvd's...I'm not some kid that just sells them. I am the source for 90% of the VH dvd's out there....so if you buy them from somewhere else and it has my label on it...then you could've just got it from me....if you buy it else where and it doesn't have my label then you're wasting your time! I've been collecting for 20 years and most of my stuff is the best you can find."

Well this didn't make me buy more thankfully. Well what can I say? Perhaps other people have had better dealings with BTB, if so let's hear about it. Otherwise you have been warned.

sao paulo 83 dvd for download free (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7920)

if you dont have a dvd burner there is a link for software that plays the files on your computer.

WACF
07-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I am still waiting for my Largo DVD...feels good don't it...he seems real good when he returns emails....just nothing is showing up.

secrets
07-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by WACF
I am still waiting for my Largo DVD...feels good don't it...he seems real good when he returns emails....just nothing is showing up.

He's a very gifted con man this Mr.F. He's also a real son of a bitch too. How long you been waiting?

I'm waiting until the end of the month then I'm reporting him to ebay. Does anyone have his user name? I don't have that anymore.

I'm also going to report him to the BBB. I suggest you do the same if you can.

He should not get away with this.

Lou
07-20-2004, 08:12 PM
I have never dealt with Fletch and based on the numerous horror stories I've heard about him, I never will. And I bet I have a couple of upgrades of existing boots as well as newly-surfaced ones that he doesn't. Oh well.

Rebel
07-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I know people have had problems, he's very slow at times.

But he's really alright, he's always done me right, he helped me start out collecting and trading, put as a branch on the Reunion discs right when I first started to get some boots, hooked me up on some two for ones, so I can't say anything bad.

I do know one thing, people have told me they may have mail him several times, but I haven't come across anyone that he didn't come through for in the end, it just may take him awhile. I know he's behind on his tree over on the trade. I'll shoot him a line and see what's up.

WACF
07-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I have been waiting since December.

At first we came up with must of got lost or customs took it.

He was gonna resend it but I never got anything.

like I said...he seemed really good with respnding.
The last time I enquired I never heard back.

I figure I got took and that is all there is to it.

Lou
07-21-2004, 12:33 AM
To Rebel:

You know what, if it's gonna take 6 months to produce your end of the deal, is it even worth the aggravation? I did a Police trade (actually a Police buy on my end) with someone where it took me over 4 months to bring the purchase to closure. Needless to say I won't be dealing with that person ever again.

secrets
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I know people have had problems, he's very slow at times.

But he's really alright, he's always done me right, he helped me start out collecting and trading, put as a branch on the Reunion discs right when I first started to get some boots, hooked me up on some two for ones, so I can't say anything bad.

I do know one thing, people have told me they may have mail him several times, but I haven't come across anyone that he didn't come through for in the end, it just may take him awhile. I know he's behind on his tree over on the trade. I'll shoot him a line and see what's up.

There are a few people here who haven't received their goods and have sent me PMs saying they've had the same problem as me.

Slow is one thing. Lying about sending something and saying oh well it got lost in the post then. I'll send another, when you don't even intend to do that is fraud in my book. Not even incompetence, fraud.

I've been waiting for 3 months and I've come to the conclusion I've been ripped off like many others.

Rebel
07-21-2004, 11:52 PM
I agree with you guys 100%, especially when you've paid for something. I don't know what's up, I haven't heard anything from him myself in a couple of weeks.

secrets
07-22-2004, 05:04 PM
He got scared and did a runner coz I said I'd report him at the end of this month if he didn't deliver my DVD.

Run Fletch...Run!
:D

Cato
07-23-2004, 12:26 AM
he will repeat the same under the different name, because that's one of his businesses...

secrets
07-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Please reveal more Cato, we are fascinated by his exploits.

secrets
07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
he will repeat the same under the different name, because that's one of his businesses...

You're absolutely right now he's "Jim". Got an email direct from the BTP website recently, standard reply it reads as follows:

I'm based in the US but I will ship to the UK if you want anything from me. I have the best versions of these VH shows.

I'm trying to sell the DVDs at a reasonable price so I can share my favorite band (Van Halen) with other people. I can sell the 2 DVD sets for $25 & 1 DVD for $20. It would be $5.00 shipping for each order. I would like payment through PayPal & then I'll ship out the DVDs the next day....

Here's a complete list of DVDs that we have to offer [ratings on a 1-10 scale]:

Edward Van Halen & Friends '83-'99 (2 DVD) [various quality - 5 to 9]
Van Halen & David Lee Roth - All the Promo Videos '77-'98 (2 DVD) [7]

Van Halen with David Lee Roth
-----------------------------
Van Halen - Largo, MD 10-11-82 (2 DVD) [8]
Van Halen - Sao Paulo, Brazil 01-21-83 (2 DVD) [7]
Van Halen - Buenos Aires, Argentina 02-11-83 (1 DVD) [7]
Van Halen - 1983 South American Tour Rare Songs (1 DVD) [8]
Van Halen - US Festival 05-29-83 (2 DVD) 20th Anniversay Edition [8]
Van Halen - Montreal, Quebec 04-19-84 (1 DVD) [7]
Van Halen - Rape of the Vaults 1 (1 DVD) RARE Panama Outakes [9]
Van Halen - Rape of the Vaults 2 (1 DVD) RARE Jump Outakes [9]

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar
--------------------------
Van Halen - Live Without A Net '85/'86 Collection (2 DVD) [9]
Van Halen - Dallas, TX "Free Outdoor Daytime Show 12-04-91 (1 DVD) [8]
Van Halen - Pensacola, FL 03-11-95 Complete show (1 DVD) [8]
Van Halen - Toronto, Canada 08-19-95 (2 DVD) [9]

David Lee Roth Solo
-------------------
Hartford, CT 08-22-02 (1 DVD) [10]
New York, NY 09-13-03 (2 DVD) [9]

Thank You,
Jim

Rebel
07-25-2004, 04:28 PM
You're absolutely right now he's "Jim". Got an email direct from the BTP website recently, standard reply it reads as follows:

It's a different person dude. BTB is a label Paul and Jim started.

secrets
07-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks for that. I wonder if Jim is trustworthy?

Rebel
07-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks for that. I wonder if Jim is trustworthy?

I've never heard of Jim being dishonest.

secrets
08-14-2004, 12:06 PM

Thanks Rebel, finally got my DVD in the end after more than 3 months of waiting.

Slight anti-climax as the image and sound jumps slightly on most tracks. Great concert though.

Rebel
08-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Awesome, glad you got it, 3 months is too long though.

Orgazmo
09-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I sent him 3 DVDs and 2 CDs for ONE DVD and three months later he's like, sorry I needed a break from trading, I'll have it out to you but DO NOT TRADE this show, all intense like. Well that was a month ago and still nothing, how am I supposed to not trade it when you never sent it!!

Lou
09-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Raging thread about this on DDLR.com, basically a guy tells the tale of getting ripped off.

DO NOT BUY/TRADE WITH FLETCH. PERIOD.

Cato
09-23-2004, 12:17 AM
Ummm...

when did this anti-fletch movement begin?

Rebel
09-23-2004, 02:32 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

medicineman
09-23-2004, 09:44 AM
He got me also. I'm the one that posted about it at DDLR.com. I bought 3 shows back in early june.........still nothing. Secrets I'm glad you got your stuff maybe I will one day, but I won't buy from him again.

GAR
09-23-2004, 05:09 PM
HA

Draggin' yer garbage over here, aye?

Lou
09-23-2004, 05:19 PM
The only GARbage in this thread is you.

Cato
09-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Orgazmo
I sent him 3 DVDs and 2 CDs for ONE DVD and three months later he's like, sorry I needed a break from trading, I'll have it out to you but DO NOT TRADE this show, all intense like. Well that was a month ago and still nothing, how am I supposed to not trade it when you never sent it!!
what did you send him? just curious.

GAR
09-23-2004, 07:46 PM
what did you send him? just curious.

That's Catospeak for, I'd like a copy too. :mad:

GAR
09-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Raging thread about this on DDLR.com, basically a guy tells the tale of getting ripped off.

DO NOT BUY/TRADE WITH FLETCH. PERIOD.

Why? What dealings have you had with him?

Orgazmo
09-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by GAR
That's Catospeak for, I'd like a copy too. :mad:

No it's not, Cato is an excellent trader. If he wants anything of mine then I'll trade it to him no problem.

I sent him a bunch of Zakk stuff, all killer quality too! All I wanted was this Lynch show he filmed. But it's really no big deal, just look out cause he tends to blow you off or at least take an eternity to ship. I have had a couple successful trades with him, just not this time. Come Fletch send it man.

GAR
09-23-2004, 08:45 PM
No it's not, Cato is an excellent trader.

He's an excellent plagiarist because he is persistent and inquiries like he does often lead to connections that he often ships for free, regardless of who owns the copywrite rights.

Orgazmo
09-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by GAR
He's an excellent plagiarist because he is persistent and inquiries like he does often lead to connections that he often ships for free, regardless of who owns the copywrite rights.

Don't give me this copywrite shit. Ametuer live recordings only help promote the aritists. I have everything Dave & VH (until '84) has ever released & would happily buy any old stuff if they would comercially release it, but the faggot brothers are too stupid to do it so I will settle for what is out there.

Lou
09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Why? What dealings have you had with him?

I know why you asked this. Because unlike me and anyone else out there with a brain, you can't put 2 and 2 together. So if you see post after post saying that fletch is ripping people off, your logic is, "Well it didn't happen to me so I can't say anything about it."

If you weren't friends with him would you be in here making the same posts? No. Fuck off you asskisser.

GAR
09-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Lou
If you weren't friends with him would you be in here making the same posts? No.

Probably so, but that's my own hypocracy I'd to deal with.

I'm still scratching my head wondering: what does Lou get out of any of this besides attracting attention to yourself.

Then I recall your posts for months and months and months at The Wall and I say to myself, Ah - modern psychiatry has a task ahead of it with this fella!

Get some help. Soon. And stay out of people's stuff you don't know stuff about, mmkay?

Lou
09-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Uh I posted at The Wall I think 3 times the whole time it was up! That's a flat-out lie!

GAR
09-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I shoulda said "the wonders of modern psychiatry..

Lou
09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
What username did you think was me? Was there someone else there posting as "Lou"? Because I think I posted about three times there in February of '03 and that's it.

secrets
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by medicineman
He got me also. I'm the one that posted about it at DDLR.com. I bought 3 shows back in early june.........still nothing. Secrets I'm glad you got your stuff maybe I will one day, but I won't buy from him again.

Listen he's bad news whichever way you look at it. I got my DVD eventually but it is inferior quality. I told him this and he hasn't responded.

He is a liar and freely admits to it. He even lied about a member of his family dying as an excuse for not sending me my DVD.

I would like to report him but it's too time consuming and I can't be bothered to let him waste more of my time.

Avoid him like the plague.

ace diamond
09-28-2004, 03:37 PM
i have the largo 1982 show on dvd.fucking rocks.dave is so fucking awesome at this show.certainly better than the us fest show,which i have on vhs.i was there at the us fest.tons of fun.

ace diamond
09-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I have never dealt with Fletch and based on the numerous horror stories I've heard about him, I never will. And I bet I have a couple of upgrades of existing boots as well as newly-surfaced ones that he doesn't. Oh well.

dude,share your list,man.

medicineman
09-28-2004, 04:09 PM

He is a liar and freely admits to it. He even lied about a member of his family dying as an excuse for not sending me my DVD.

Avoid him like the plague.

I know he told me some of the same things he's told you. He also said he sent it once and I know that's a lie. The main thing is he's never apologetic about it always has excuses. I was very nice for the first 3 months until I gave up and just started sending him nasty e-mails......He rarely replies anyway.

Lou
09-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
dude,share your list,man.

I know you're new here but I might as well recap what I've shared in 2004 (all in lossless format):

Gazzari's Dance Contest
Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies: The Unreleased

Glasgow 5/18/78 unknown gen>CDR

Tokyo 9/13/79 2nd gen>CDR

Baltimore 7/22/80 unknown gen>CDR
Uniondale, NY 7/27/80 unknown gen>CDR

Oakland 6/11/81 3rd gen>CDR
Los Angeles 6/19/81 "Home Ground"
Los Angeles 6/20/80 unknown gen>CDR
Detroit 7/4/81 unknown gen>CDR
Chicago 7/10/81 unknown gen>CDR
Philadelphia 7/20/81 low-gen>CDR
Philadelphia 7/20/81 "Martial Law"
Birmingham, AL 8/31/81 unknown gen>CDR

Pasadena 6/27/82 (rehearsals) unknown gen>CDR
Greensboro 7/16/82 Master/low-gen>CDR
Chicago 8/19/82 unknown gen>CDR
San Francisco 9/14/82 Master>CDR
San Francisco 9/15/82 Master>CDR
Sao Paulo 1/21/83 DVD (BTB Productions)

Philadelphia 3/21/84 unknown gen>CDR
New Haven 3/24/84 unknown gen>CDR
Quebec City 4/21/84 unknown gen>CDR
San Francisco 5/9, 5/10, 5/11 Master>CDR (tree sign-ups going on now at DDLR.com)

Not to mention

Led Zeppelin Baltimore 4/5/70 "Some Things Must Pass"
Led Zeppelin Hampton, VA 8/17/70 "Live in Hampton 1970"
Led Zeppelin Boston 9/6/71 "Boston Garden Party"
Led Zeppelin Dallas 5/18/73 SB "Four For Texas"
Led Zeppelin Fort Worth 5/22/77 "It'll Be Zep"

The Police New York 4/4/79 FM "Policemen In New York"
The Police Boston 4/7/79 FM "Born In The '50s"
The Police Miami 5/4/79 FM unknown gen>CDR (both shows)
The Police Tokyo 2/15/80 FM unknown gen>CDR
The Police Milan 4/2/80 FM "Live in Milan 1980"
The Police Milan 4/2/80 audience unknown gen>CDR
The Police London 12/21/80 unknown gen>CDR
The Police Melbourne 2/22/81 FM "Evolution Parts 1 & 2"
The Police Devore, CA 9/3/82 & Lititz, PA 7/22/83 "3 Ghosts Caught In The Act"

Rebel
09-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Don't give me this copywrite shit. Ametuer live recordings only help promote the aritists. I have everything Dave & VH (until '84) has ever released & would happily buy any old stuff if they would comercially release it, but the faggot brothers are too stupid to do it so I will settle for what is out there.

Check you PM bro.

wwotr
09-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I know BOTH Jim and Paul.
Paul can be VERY SLOW at times.
Jim on the other hand, has ALWAYS come through in a timely manner.
BTB is about the best authored stuff out there!
Paul has recently married and now is a "Family Man".
I think he is slowing up on selling/trading, in favor of the wife and kids.

Roger
wwotr
Gay Cock Productions

Orgazmo
09-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by wwotr
I know BOTH Jim and Paul.
Paul can be VERY SLOW at times.
Jim on the other hand, has ALWAYS come through in a timely manner.
BTB is about the best authored stuff out there!
Paul has recently married and now is a "Family Man".
I think he is slowing up on selling/trading, in favor of the wife and kids.

Roger
wwotr
Gay Cock Productions

Yeah, well slow is one thing and 5 months and still nothing is another. I wouldn't suggest trading with Fletch, you're probabaly not going to get anything in return. Family man my ass, he shouldn't accept trades if he doesn't have time!!