PDA

View Full Version : Some guy came into my house the other day and talked down on Dave's name.

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:29 PM
From about a month ago
Ok one of my sons friends was spending the night.. he is 10.
His dad came over to pick him up and I let him into my house.

My house... better known as the Roth Army World Headquarters...where this site was created and maintained.

Anyways.. this guy walks in and we are having some small talk and he looks over at my mantle at my autographed Crazy From The Heat Book.
Now most people have a bible on their mantle... but for heathens like myself.. CFTH.. is the new testament.

The guy grabs the book and says "David Lee Roth .. huh? I always liked Sammy Hagar better in Van Halen"

How dare this guy come into the "Roth Army World Headquarters" and talk down on the Commander In Chiefs Name!
What the fuck.

Anyways.. I was floored.. I told the guy.
"Why? The most interesting thing about Van Halen.. is David Lee Roth"
In the middle of my speech on how Hagar ruined Van Halen with "Too close to mommy" lyrics, ballads and CHEESE.. and how Diamond Dave is the Greatest Frontman In Rock History..on how I like my brand of Van Halen..

.... I look down at the dude..
He is wearing white tube socks.. pulled up to his fucking kneecaps and sandals...
What the hell!
That stopped me mid sentence..
I was wasting my time...
I then realized that this fucking guy would never see the light.
You either get it.. or you don't
Some people will never get it because they are just FUCKING LAME!

Classic Van Halen is an attitude.
If you have no attitude ... if you like "punk ASS, Cheesey Lyrics and Listening to shit" then Hagar is a good choice for you.
If you prefer to listen to music that is aggressive and full of testosterone with a little bit of humor.. then listen to Dave.

The guy got showed the door...and won't be back.

I think he got away easy

Dave's PA Rental
01-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Is that a true story? Did you tell your kid to beat up his kid?

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Yes dude this is 100 percent true.. right down to the guys white socks..
It was the kids step father..

THe kid is a good kid.. he just has a lame step dad..

Dave's PA Rental
01-17-2004, 10:41 PM
White socks and sandals...did he have a pony-tail?

Hey I just looked...13 members on and 7 of them are mods...where is everybody? Dont tell me people are going out again on Saturday nights?

YankeeRose
01-17-2004, 10:42 PM
sounds like that kid needs your influence more than you know

ELVIS
01-17-2004, 10:42 PM
What kind of car was he driving ??

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental

Hey I just looked...13 members on and 7 of them are mods...where is everybody? Dont tell me people are going out again on Saturday nights?
Seems like everyone is playing in the Arcade!

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
What kind of car was he driving ??

A blue Mazda

Flash Bastard
01-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
From about a month ago

My house... better known as the Roth Army World Headquarters...where this site was created and maintained.

Anyways.. this guy walks in and we are having some small talk and he looks over at my mantle at my autographed Crazy From The Heat Book.
Now most people have a bible on their mantle... but for heathens like myself.. CFTH.. is the new testament.

The guy grabs the book and says "David Lee Roth .. huh? I always liked Sammy Hagar better in Van Halen"

How dare this guy come into the "Roth Army World Headquarters" and talk down on the Commander In Chiefs Name!
What the fuck......

......The guy got showed the door...and won't be back.

I think he got away easy

C'mon dude, I know you beat his ass but won't admit it for legal reasons.

It's time to come clean.

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:46 PM
?
No
I don't think the grocery store where this guy works will allow that..

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
C'mon dude, I know you beat his ass but won't admit it for legal reasons.

It's time to come clean.

Nah dude.. he didn't realize just how serious I am about this shit.

That being said I would have loved to have slammed his head into the fireplace and shoved the firepoker up his ass.

"Tell me hagar looks like Bette Midler"

ELVIS
01-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Bette Midler can sing though...

Flash Bastard
01-17-2004, 10:53 PM
An autographed copy of CFTH on the mantle would've been my first clue to shut my fucking trap. But that's just me.

Dave's PA Rental

The "pony-tail" is a little homage to one of my favorite movies 'Singles'.

"I'll bet he has a pony-tail...sensitive-pony-tail-man..."

Did I mention that im drunk again?

YankeeRose
who is Bette Midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
who is Bette Midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

YankeeRose
01-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Thank you SLH...:)

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:55 PM
The "pony-tail" is a little homage to one of my favorite movies 'Singles'.

"I'll bet he has a pony-tail...sensitive-pony-tail-man..."

Did I mention that im drunk again?

What ya drinkin?

Polk High
01-17-2004, 10:59 PM
nah man we ain't goin anywhere tonite, its snowing in bmore and when it snows everybody wants to shut the whole city down. Nobody wanted to go out...

Polk High
01-17-2004, 11:00 PM
man thats your house, you shouldn't have to put up w/ that, let alone letting some dude w/ tube socks and sandals in

Dave's PA Rental
01-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Im drinking some Wachussett Nut Brown Ale. local micro-brew. Not bad. Its got a kind of "home-brew" aftertaste to it. Ive made better...

Sarge
01-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
man thats your house, you shouldn't have to put up w/ that, let alone letting some dude w/ tube socks and sandals in
His kid spent the night and he came to pick him up.
Next time he will be waiting at the curb!

Sarge
01-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Im drinking some Wachussett Nut Brown Ale. local micro-brew. Not bad. Its got a kind of "home-brew" aftertaste to it. Ive made better...
I don't like alot of the micro brew stuff.
Alot of it is really acquired taste..
Speaking of which I need something to drink..

Hecubus
01-17-2004, 11:57 PM
That's actually pretty funny, Sarge.

I'm having visions ofthat movie where Tim Robbins' guru hippie character gets the living shit kicked out of him by a bunch of guys that work in John Cusack's record store....

Movie title on the tip of my tongue...somebody help me!!!

POJO_Risin
01-18-2004, 12:40 AM
I honest to shit can't believe that there are fucking dudes out there that actually admit that they fucking like Hagar in that band better than Roth in Van Halen...

The fucking Tube socks says it all...

he probably hopped into his blue Mazda, flipped on 98.4's 70's mello...

and rocked out to Air Supply...

MAX
01-18-2004, 12:43 AM

WOW!!! That is incredible!!! First off, glad that you are back Sarge!!!

Secondly, I had somewhat of a similar experience being loyal to my Roth duties. Way back before I got married, I dated this chick a couple of times in '91. Well, we were driving up the canyon about to be going skiing. "Top Of The World" came on the radio and needless to say I changed the station. Well, we got into a Dave/Spam arguement. Needless to say the arguement got evil, we turned jabs towards Dave and Pajammy into insulting each other. Well, we never skied and never spoke again. Talk about hardcore aye? It does have a happy ending though. I've been happily married for over ten years to a hotty who HATES the chedd-rocker and isn't really even a VH fan.

Dave's PA Rental
01-18-2004, 12:44 AM
High Fidelity...

Catfish
01-18-2004, 02:58 AM
Good Sarge. The only thing you didn't do right was stab the fucker in his empty black heart.

flappo
01-18-2004, 05:42 AM
..was his name THE KNOCKZ and was he a cunt?

SensibleShoes
01-18-2004, 07:29 AM
It's OK Sarge, my husband won't be coming over to pick up the kid again.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2004, 09:53 AM
You're right Sarge, it's a waste of time...

I remember during the Dave/Spam tour...

Me and Poj are pounding brews in the parking lot in Raleigh... I got the US Festival cranking....

This dude, in his mid 40's or so, and his old lady pull up...

Nice couple, until they started talking about Van Halen....

Sammy this, Sammy that....

After a while, I just started ignoring them while Ed's solo was wailing...

Dave closed the show, so after we got back to the car, obviously Buddy Ebsen and his wife left Dave's show early...

That fucker had the gonads to put a note our windshield, saying something like, "Sorry fellas, Sammy was better"....

Some people just will never get "it".....

BigBadBrian
01-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I honest to shit can't believe that there are fucking dudes out there that actually admit that they fucking like Hagar in that band better than Roth in Van Halen...

The fucking Tube socks says it all...

Exactly.

BigBadBrian
01-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes

:D

Sarge
01-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
You're right Sarge, it's a waste of time...
Dave closed the show, so after we got back to the car, obviously Buddy Ebsen and his wife left Dave's show early...

That fucker had the gonads to put a note our windshield, saying something like, "Sorry fellas, Sammy was better"....

Some people just will never get "it".....

What a fucking idiot...

Mr Walker
01-18-2004, 02:32 PM
I would have stabbed the fucker in the neck with a screwdriver and then booted him in his ass.

YankeeRose
01-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes

LMAO!!!!

ian_doherty
01-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Fuck that lamo.. we'll beat his twurpy ass!

Long live Dave..

BTW David has proven himself to be the man of all men by doing a tour with Sammy. If he can make peace with him obviously he could do it with Eddie.

I admire his confidence. Dave that is.

How did you get the autograph? I have always wanted to meet him. Still do.

Diva Lee Roth
01-30-2004, 02:03 AM
From about a month ago

What the fuck.

In the middle of my speech on how Hagar ruined Van Halen with "Too close to mommy" lyrics, ballads and CHEESE.. and how Diamond Dave is the Greatest Frontman In Rock History..on how I like my brand of Van Halen..

He is wearing white tube socks.. pulled up to his fucking kneecaps and sandals...
What the hell!
I was wasting my time...

If you have no attitude ... if you like "punk ASS, Cheesey Lyrics and Listening to shit" then Hagar is a good choice for you.
If you prefer to listen to music that is aggressive and full of testosterone with a little bit of humor.. then listen to Dave.

I think he got away easy

LOL! Now ,THAT ...is a great story,Sarge!!!
The white socks and sandals say it all!
HAGARLOVER=ASSHOLE:D :donkey:

Cathedral
01-30-2004, 02:12 AM
People still wear tube socks?

Dude, that shit should have been a neon sign lighting up the front yard. The storm door is his line in the sand....cross it and be Rothverized........

vamp1227
01-30-2004, 08:30 AM
I think you need to take this kid under your wing and show him what life with Roth is all about...

Switch84
02-10-2004, 05:13 PM
:D I can relate to your shock, Sarge. I get that shit all of the time! People visiting me (back in Detroit) would look at my huge DLR door poster in horror! Then they'd look through my cd collection and see I have the VH 6 and Dave's solos and ask me why. Folks think he's the Devil incarnate and even have the audacity to tell me they like Hagar better! I just look at them as misguided fools, y'all!

;) It may also be the fact that I'm Black...for some reason I'm expected to only like Hip Hop and R&B. You close-minded motherfuckas need to let that bullshit ride out to pasture already!!!

Golden AWe
02-10-2004, 05:23 PM
This sounds more of a nightmare...

But yes, I'm glad you realized the guy will never learn. And why should you even try to teach him and waste your time on a loser...it's not like she's a beautiful girl who's a little lost from the right path...like that lamb in that old fairytale...or was it from the bible...I mean the book the christians call "the Bible"

LAMBS...mmm (and I don't mean them barbequed):p

rustoffa
02-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Dave has obviously always enjoyed shallow, knee-jerk reactions to his schtick,completely content in the fact that if they don't get it,they just don't fucking get it.Van Hagar is the musical equivalent of the whistle only dogs hear.....stray dogs with the mange and a taste for garbage.
:monkey:

4moreyears
12-24-2006, 09:40 AM
From about a month ago

What the fuck.

What the hell!
I was wasting my time...

I think he got away easy

YOu are right...some people wioll never get it. But it is there loss.

bueno bob
12-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Pulling up two year old threads is a great idea, too.

VanHalener
12-24-2006, 08:21 PM
From about a month ago

What the fuck.

What the hell!
I was wasting my time...

I think he got away easy

Sarge,

I am going to need a description and location of this individual in order to begin this his reeducation.

Thanks,

Vanhalener

TAKIN WHISKEY
12-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Tube socks and sandals Could it have possibly been Waldo? Still mad at the bus driver after all these years?

thetoolrules
12-27-2006, 06:05 PM
From about a month ago

What the fuck.

What the hell!
I was wasting my time...

The guy got showed the door...after i sucked his cock, and he won't be back unless he washes his balls.

I think he got away easy it's not polite to have dirty balls.

Ed Roth
12-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Is that what all your boyfriends tell you, Jimmy Kennedy?

TOM_5150
12-27-2006, 09:57 PM
This dude sounds like a nerd!!!

FORD
12-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by TOM_5150
This dude sounds like a nerd!!!

Also sounds like most of the Chedheads I saw at the 2002 tour.

Nitro Express
12-28-2006, 04:48 AM
I have Crazy From the Heat in our bathroom. It's perfect throne reading material because you can crack the book open anywhere, start reading and it's always good nomatter where you jump in.

jero
12-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Funny story dude LOL

Dave's PA Rental
12-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Dude, no one here is allowed to hate on GoldenAwe.

Didnt you get the memo?

thetoolrules
12-31-2006, 08:54 AM
i feel an erectifying shit cummin on....

Matt White
12-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by thetoolrules
i feel an erectifying shit cummin on....

Van Hagar has that effect on people..............

Yup...either they get it...or tell 'em to FUCK OFF.....

DAVE OR THE GRAVE

thetoolrules
12-31-2006, 11:00 AM
dave's makin me wanna have a shyatt.

bueno bob
01-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Dude, no one here is allowed to hate on GoldenAwe.

Didnt you get the memo?

Oh, I know that...well, unless it's Brett...lmao

Actually, 4moreyears pulled it up...

BottomLine65
01-02-2007, 10:48 AM
There are still jackoffs out there when you mention Van Halen, they'll say, "Oh...I don't like him" Give me a freakin' break!
Nice recap Sarge!

Sugar-Dave
01-03-2007, 04:39 AM
socks in sandals??

that is the worst!

Loons The Great
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Tube sock ace is a fan of the Tub Rocker...figures...maybe that guy should slip into something more comfortable...like a coma!!

PutOutTheLights
01-08-2007, 04:25 AM
From about a month ago

What the fuck.

What the hell!
I was wasting my time...

I think he got away easy

Calm down you fucking nutswinger, I love Dave too but people have opinions. Don't have a fanboygasm.

blonddgirl777
01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
... He is wearing white tube socks.. pulled up to his fuckin kneecaps and sandals...

The guy got showed the door...and won't be back...

The tube socks and sandals will explain his bad taste...
And you have all the rights to throw out of your house, an individual who's choices are obviously screwed up...

BUT
What would you do in MY position?

About 6 months ago, a very good friend of mine threw me on the floor...
I was talking about V.H. and D.L R. and she said;
"Ho yes, isn't he the signer from V.H.?"
I said;
"Yes, the original one, before that clown who took over..."
She replied;
"Ho, I didn't know they had changed signer... to me, they really are the same"!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I 've been reconsidering our friendship and all I can come up with, to make an excuse for her is that she doesn't really know about R & R alltogether...

But still, I think that there are... no excuse for mistaking Dave with Spam! :mad:

Saclilege! :eek:

Binky
01-13-2007, 06:12 PM
To me, Sammay Hagar is a fat version of Art Garfunkel, whom I hate with a passion. Doesn't look good, does it? But besides, I've heard people slag off Dave all the time, but hey, at least he had a decent hairdo. *^_^* \m/

Eyes of the Night
01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I was wasting my time... I then realized that this fucking guy would never see the light. You either get it.. or you don't

That's pretty hellarious indeed boss! ... what is understood need not be discussed;) ...

GAR
01-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Bette Midler can sing though...

Yes, but Sammy Hagar can.. umm.. good G-d I don't really remember what he did before VH, bass?

Oh now wait, I remember we had a Hagar album covers thread and the VOA one, parachuting with guitar.

Yes, that's it. He's a skydiving daredevil: he parachutes into people's yards.

VanHalener
07-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Since this old thread got bumped...

Just as a friendly reminder to all who seek to enter Fort VanHalener, you will be questioned on this matter before you are allowed entry. If you get the answer wrong my neighbor's dog will chase your lame ass of the grounds, or if he's not chillin' in my yard I ll mace your ass and go get my neighbor's dog who is a huge CVH fan.
~Please sign the waiver at the mailbox before crossing property line~

Nitro Express
07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I guess there was a crash of glass with a ten year old kid flying out the window.

Sensible Shoes
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM

LMAO. This was from 2004 - I don't even remember being around back then - but I can tell you I have since become divorced from the bastard. His white socks wearin', "right now" listnin ASS.

FORD
07-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Or a seven year old thread, for that matter.

TJMKID
07-27-2011, 03:02 AM

I think he got away easy

Hell yeah he got away easy. If that was my house, the Hagar sheep-dong woulda had his funny face on the receiving end of a Diamond Roth reverse helicopter spin-kick. Then I'd force his kid to listen to "Fair Warning" on his iPod as he cried all the way home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3JKjkaeLq0&feature=player_detailpage

Hardrock69
07-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Dammit....I thought Sarge had made another appearance here.

Oh well....

ZahZoo
07-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Good to see my ignore list still works... a Gar free world is still a good thing!!

SunisinuS
07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Good to see my ignore list still works... a Gar free world is still a good thing!!

I think this Bird Couple off my back porch just lost the female. :(

The three of us have been talking but for the last 3 days his mate has not flown back to him. Maybe she is with egg. But.

I know where they nest and hope she is not dead inside.

VHscraps
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
http://991.com/newGallery/Bette-Midler-The-Rose-Original-447398.jpg

Starring Bette Midler as Sammy Hagar - roses for yo mammy (tears later, boy)

ThrillsNSpills
07-29-2011, 07:16 PM
I think a lot of these Mach II fans were probably born too late and were conditioned by hearing these nasty tunes on the radio or something.
However the vocalist preference wars are still raging on YouTube. lmao

fwacf
07-30-2011, 06:38 AM
tool bag!:elvis:

ashstralia
07-30-2011, 06:50 AM
whatever happened to elvis?

SunisinuS
07-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Bait.

Seshmeister
07-30-2011, 08:54 AM
whatever happened to elvis?

He left the building. Some people think it was suicide...

Heater
07-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Timeless should not mean sameness. So many of his interviews are full of the same tired cliches and euphemisms. He clearly expends a lot of effort rehearsing his spontaneity. Change it up Dave.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-30-2011, 12:42 PM
full of the same tired cliches and euphemisms.

pot, have you met the kettle?

Unchainme
07-30-2011, 12:45 PM
LMS2, how's your mustache? have you considered growing a goatee?

Sarge
01-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey gang,
I thought it was interesting that my Son is now in College at USF in Florida!
It's amazing how times fly....

Yount
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
cool read! When Van HAlen remastered the first 6 albums I stupidly went out and got 'em and subsequently went in to the 2nd hand record store to sell the old ones. The guy flips through them and says, "David Lee Sloth! That lounge lizard!"
Bastard!

Hardrock69
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Haha Sarge. I remember this thread. Your son's friend's loser step-dad.

Oh well. Sheeple just won't get it. :lmao: