PDA

View Full Version : Jim Morrison Murdered?

PHOENIX
07-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Was Morrison Murdered?

(07/16/04) -- Many rumors have surrounded the death of Doors singer Jim Morrison, including one that he's still alive. Yeah, and he's eating burgers with Elvis. One rumor which has been gaining momentum recently is that the poet/singer/songwriter was murdered. Writer Stephen Davis presents this theory in his new book called Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend, in which Davis presents certain facts and allows readers to reach their own conclusions. Still, Davis makes it clear that he's particularly suspicious of Jim's girlfriend, Pamela Courson: "Pamela Courson returned to California and several people who know her quite well told me that she admitted to them that Jim Morrison had died of an overdose of heroin. Now, the thing that is fishy about that is that Pamela Courson was the beneficiary, the sole beneficiary, or Jim Morrison's will. And according to the people I talked to, their relationship had gotten very rocky." Davis also said that on the night Jim died, Pamela cut some lines of white powder on the television set which she told Jim was cocaine, but turned out to be heroin. Jim snorted them, passed out and died soon after. Of course, it doesn't take a genius to realize the difference between snorting cocaine and heroin could be a matter of life and death. Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend is in book stores now.

tobinentinc
07-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Interesting . . .

Panamark
07-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Interesting theory. And a perfect murder. The guy is a drug addict, smack and coke look the same chopped on a mirror. How is he going tell anyone he didnt know it was smack ? And how can anyone get accused of murder. After all, he was just a druggie snortin another line.
I can see the authors reasoning.

DLRdelight!
07-20-2004, 03:24 AM
thats some great info, i happen to be a big fan of the doors, and thats the first time i have heard of that story, involvin pam sayin it was coke, crazy

ELVIS
07-20-2004, 03:33 AM
Yeah right...

They were both wacked out on heavy drugs...

She didn't kill him...

Panamark
07-20-2004, 04:57 AM
ELVIS. whoever supplied the drugs ultimately killed him, no matter which way you look at it. Did she supply the drugs ??

PHOENIX
07-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I love conspiracy theories!

EmpyreLounge44
07-20-2004, 11:48 AM
i actually just got done reading that book and am in the process of setting up an interview withthe author and he doesn't really believe the theory. he says that that theory has been out there and presents it but also makes it pretty clear that he doesnt really buy it or think that pamela knew she was the sole heir and she really didnt benefit from the estate since it was tied up in legal ranglings from the other Doors for years until right before she died herself...like three years later or so. i highly recommend the book, it was really well done and real interesting to see what a fuck up Morrison was and just stoned all the time. The day of his death and the next few days of Morrison's "life" are so sad and pathetic, and real odd. here is an exerpt from rollingstone.com

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6185019&pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple3

Wayne L.
07-20-2004, 11:58 AM
I think the late, great Jim Morrison could have been murdered but I think he died back in 71 because of too MUCH rock & roll excess to be honest with you!!!

Coyote
07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Was Morrison Murdered?

(07/16/04) -- Many rumors have surrounded the death of Doors singer Jim Morrison, including one that he's still alive. Yeah, and he's eating burgers with Elvis. One rumor which has been gaining momentum recently is that the poet/singer/songwriter was murdered. Writer Stephen Davis presents this theory in his new book called Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend, in which Davis presents certain facts and allows readers to reach their own conclusions. Still, Davis makes it clear that he's particularly suspicious of Jim's girlfriend, Pamela Courson: "Pamela Courson returned to California and several people who know her quite well told me that she admitted to them that Jim Morrison had died of an overdose of heroin. Now, the thing that is fishy about that is that Pamela Courson was the beneficiary, the sole beneficiary, or Jim Morrison's will. And according to the people I talked to, their relationship had gotten very rocky." Davis also said that on the night Jim died, Pamela cut some lines of white powder on the television set which she told Jim was cocaine, but turned out to be heroin. Jim snorted them, passed out and died soon after. Of course, it doesn't take a genius to realize the difference between snorting cocaine and heroin could be a matter of life and death. Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend is in book stores now.

Interesting. (Although this becoming a bit of a trend: The same question was placed on the fate of one J. Hendrix...)

FORD
07-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Hendrix died because fucking London 9-11 (or whatever they have over there) failed to respond when he called them for help. :(

That and Bon Scott freezing to death because he decided to "sleep it off" in his car - rather than drive drunk- are two of the biggest tragedies in rock n roll history, simply because they could have been prevented easily enough, not even counting the use of the chemicals themselves.

Oh yeah, the third one being Keith Moon's accidental OD of a prescription drug he was taking to fight alcoholism, after ironically being a "good boy" and leaving a party after one lousy beer.

BIGBADZERO
07-25-2004, 01:22 AM
I remember reading No One Here Gets Out Alive and I'll tell ya, I WOULDN'T FUCKING BLAME HER!

BIGBADZERO
07-25-2004, 01:22 AM
I remember reading No One Here Gets Out Alive and I'll tell ya, I WOULDN'T FUCKING BLAME HER!