PDA

View Full Version : Protest Warriors preparing for front line duty at the GOP Convention

Lincoln
07-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Conservatives to Protest Anti-GOP Protest
Conservative Group to Protest Protests at Republican National Convention in New York

The Associated Press

NEW YORK July 18, 2004 — Groups planning to demonstrate against the upcoming Republican National Convention will have some unfriendly company on the asphalt and concrete outside Madison Square Garden. Members of a new group of young GOP conservatives plan to protest the protesters.
Tom Paladino, who leads the New York chapter of Protest Warriors, a nationwide organization, said members want to show the protesters that "there are Republicans that will protest them right back."

Added Jason Sager, a member from Brooklyn: "We are the right-wing freedom fighters. We are out there and are just as animated as the protesters can be."

Protest Warriors, which claims about 3,000 members nationwide, expects about 200 in New York for the four-day convention, which begins Aug. 30 and is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of opponents of President Bush.

Leaders say they know they won't have equal representation, but hope the contrast helps them stand out. They will be armed with their own picket signs and T-shirts, even video cameras to capture their mission.

"It's going to be the protest Olympics. They're all going to be trying to outdo each other," said Kfir Alfia, of Austin, Texas, who formed the group last year with Alan Lipton after they crashed anti-war demonstrations in San Francisco, carrying signs that said: "Except for Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, War Has Never Solved Anything."

Full Story (http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040718_918.html)

These guys rock!

Wayne L.
07-20-2004, 05:40 AM
It's great to see the right protesting the left at the GOP Convention giving them a taste of their own medicine & showing how ASSININE they really are in the name of free speech!!!

FORD
07-20-2004, 12:41 PM
http://georgewbushwhackers.com/diary5-19-01/5-19ss.jpg
Yeah, these clowns look intimidating.......

VanJay011379
07-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
http://georgewbushwhackers.com/diary5-19-01/5-19ss.jpg
Yeah, these clowns look intimidating.......

Yeah, they're no match for the mighty Code Pink!:eek:

Big Train
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
It is kinda hard to compete against this though....

Pink Spider
07-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Even if you're backing something fascist like the GOP or the Klan you should have the right to protest. Its all about equal time. ;)

I hope they like the Orwellian "free speech" zones.

DLR'sCock
07-20-2004, 03:12 PM
100,000 protestors opposing the GOP in NYC vs 200 Right Winger Nut Bags???

Whoopie!!!!:p

BigBadBrian
07-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
100,000 protestors opposing the GOP in NYC vs 200 Right Winger Heroes???

Whoopie!!!!:p

It doesn't seem fair, does it? You liberal candy-asses better bring in more troops! :gulp:

Lincoln
07-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It doesn't seem fair, does it? You liberal candy-asses better bring in more troops! :gulp:
:baaa:

Mezro
07-20-2004, 03:58 PM
So let me get this straight: a group called the Prostate Warriors are going to protest the protestors?

Mezro...must be hard to protest when you have the drips...

Big Train
07-20-2004, 07:07 PM
There will only be about 200 due to the fact that the rest of us have gainful employment to attend to.

Pink Spider
07-20-2004, 08:42 PM
So, you're all employed on Saturdays? Because that's when most protests take place. Maybe you should protest for weekends off.

Big Train
07-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Weekends are for my family, thank you. Thats what I work for all week. If you have been painting signs since Tuesday, saturday, thursday, it's all as good a time as any.

BigBadBrian
07-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
So, you're all employed on Saturdays?

People working on Saturdays? Yeah, I can imagine liberals having trouble believing that. :gulp:

Wayne L.
07-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Comparing the GOP to the Klan is LUDICRIOUS considering it's the leaders & activists in the Democratic Party who have a nazi like attitude with their political rhetoric during protest marches & relying on the federal courts most of the time when it comes to their issues for over 40 years instead of letting the American people vote on them which is SCARY!!!

fanofdave
08-01-2004, 12:56 PM
let the liberal demonstrators have their fun
in the streets. after all its their home since
most of them are unemployed, uneducated
idiots that are out of touch with mainstream
society.

ah, the democratic party: tax the
shit out of the hard working and give government
handouts to the lazy. and don't forget to give
a hug to osama and his friends; maybe they'll
leave us alone.

FORD
08-01-2004, 01:06 PM
How about all the government handouts to corporate welfare?

And let's leave the Bush families close personal friends the Bin Ladens out of it.

JCOOK
08-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Well the BCE gave me a nice cushy job --following FORD around and keeping FORD under constant surveillance. This is a seven day a week 24hr. a day job. Fuckin BCE next time how bout' an assignment with hot chicks.

Cathedral
08-01-2004, 04:43 PM

And let's leave the Bush families close personal friends the Bin Ladens out of it.

Isn't that what you are claiming we have already done by going into Iraq?

Come on dude, pick a story and stick to it.

Viking
08-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian:

Ohmygawd, that caught me off-guard - I blew wine out my nose....LMFAO :killer: :D

Dr. Love
08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
It is kinda hard to compete against this though....

I could swear I see a native american in that picture. Creepy.

John Ashcroft
08-02-2004, 11:34 AM
How about all the government handouts to corporate welfare?

Hey, given the choice...

At least Corporations actually employ people, and make them productive. What does Welfare do?

JCOOK
08-03-2004, 04:27 PM
This welfare thing intrigues me.... I can sit on my lazy ass and get money for it? where do i sign up?