PDA

View Full Version : Canada cool with happy penis song

Sarge
01-17-2004, 10:53 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&e=1&u=/nm/oukoe_canada_penis

Canada cool with happy penis song
Fri Jan 16, 1:01 PM ET

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A song lauding the joys of an "enormous penis" is not obscene because the object of the lyric's affection isn't necessarily sexual, a Canadian regulator has ruled.

The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council was reacting to a complaint from a Calgary radio listener to a joke song that declared: "I've got the cure for all of my blues/I take a look at my enormous penis/And my troubles start a-meltin' away."

The listener's complaint that the song was obscene fell flat before the council's members, who said on Friday the item did not break its code of ethics.

"The discussion of penis size is not in and of itself sufficiently unequivocally a sexual matter that it can be said to be in breach of the code," the council said.

Calgary's CJAY-FM replied to the complaint by saying most of its core audience -- men from 18 to 49 -- enjoyed such items as "Enormous Penis" by Da Vinci's Notebook, which also features the line: "I gotta sing and I dance/When I glance in my pants."