PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Vs. Jason

Polk High
01-17-2004, 11:15 PM
who is the better killer??? who is more feared? who would you least rather have to duel w/? Who is the kickass killer?

A) Freddy: uses a glove to kill, lurks in your dreams where if you die in your dreams you die in real life.

B) Jason: some fucked up dude who stalks a summer camp and uses a machete to kill his victims.

freddy or jason can't be killed and i would say they are the 2 best of all time

Polk High
01-17-2004, 11:20 PM
some tough and serious questions

Sarge
01-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Freddy is just hilarious in a chucky way..

I like his movies better..

Jason is more boring..

On Jason VS Freddy my favorite oart is where Freddy is boning a camp counselor and tures around and says..
"This bitch is dead on her feet"
I am watching friday the 13th right now...

Figs
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Yo, Freddy! Where you hiding at, you burnt-faced pussy? You think your hot shit with the little mute kid, don't ya? Well let me see you come get a piece of me! Krueger! Pussy! Yeah, I knew he was a little chicken.

smaz
02-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Talk about digging up an old thread... :D

Freddy's my fave. I'd say I'd rather get killed by Jason. I just wouldn't go near Camp Crystal Lake :)

Cathedral
02-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Freddy doesn't just kill you, he insults you and runs the risk of making you die laughing.

Who's this Jason guy?
I'd pit Michael Myers against Jason so me and Freddy could talk about a stand up comedy tour.

But you can't buy tickets, you have to see the show in your dreams, hee hee hee.
"One two Freddy's coming for you, at a Funnybone comedy club near you" :)

Cathedral
02-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah, Sarge, whats an "oart" ? LOL...........

Rikk
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
I prefer FRIDAY THE 13th. Those scared me more as a kid. I like Freddy too, but I never found the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET movies particularly scary.

smaz
02-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I found neither series scary. Nightmare on Elm street was a laugh though.

DLRDUDE
02-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Jason was way to predictable most of the time. If there were a couple of camp counselors gettin ready to f#*k then you knew he'd wreck the party

Freddy was by far my favorite, a glove with razor fingers...ingenious!

Now although the Halloween movies are long and drawn out if I come across one on the tube all I need to hear is that music, the piano or organ just makes my skin crawl and I'm pretty much stuck on that channel

DLRDUDE
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Jason was way to predictable most of the time. If there were a couple of camp counselors gettin ready to f#*k then you knew he'd wreck the party

Freddy was by far my favorite, a glove with razor fingers...ingenious!

Now although the Halloween movies are long and drawn out if I come across one on the tube all I need to hear is that music, the piano or organ just makes my skin crawl and I'm pretty much stuck on that channel

DLRDUDE
02-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry, double post. The poll really ought to be "Which would you rather encounter" I wouldn't fuck with any of them

bueno bob
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
My vote goes to Nightmare On Elm Street...parts 1, 3 and 7 anyway. Freddy vs. Jason was surprisingly well done by Ronny Yu, a guy who had no previous knowledge of either series.

Freddy was more interesting to me than Jason was. Although I'm a big fan of both franchises (and one of 12 people on the planet who thought that Jason X kicked ass), preferentially I take Nightmare, due to the fact that the deaths are always more interesting, not just the "What oddball object will Jason use to kill this person with?" routine. Whereas Friday the 13th was more predictable in that sense, Nightmare always came up with surprises, even when the Nightmare movie in question sucked.

Freddy's the man!

........but Ash (Evil Dead) would kick ALL their asses. "Gimme some sugar, baby!!"

loss of fools
02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
since as i love the nightmare on elm street movies im gonna go with freddy although what iv seen of jason was good.

Little_Skittles
02-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Freddy takes a lickin but keeps on clickin.

Cathedral
02-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Wes Craven's New Nightmare was pretty good. I loved the concept of the movie within a movie.
Although i'm not a fan of Heather Langencamps? acting, bringing her back was a great idea, even though the kids parts were a bit dull.

Friday the 13th parts 1 and 2 were the best, and it should never have gone any further than that.

Same with Halloween, after the first two, and that totally off topic "Season of the Witch" part 3 just killed it.

You want a scary movie?
Try The Exorcist, and after that, watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Those two flicks still give me the creeps.

bueno bob, I absolutely loved Evil Dead 1 and 2, those flicks were just plain wicked in their execution. Ashe freakin rules.

Army of Darkness was overkill though.

Cathedral
02-26-2005, 08:57 PM
"Hey she-bitch, come get some"

BigBadBrian
02-26-2005, 10:52 PM
This dude would mop up Jason or Freddy and throw 'em in the trash.

http://www.horrorcult.com/speciali/immagini/BoogeyMan/myers2.jpg

stringfelowhawk
02-27-2005, 01:55 AM
One of my favorite ever Superbowl commercials spoofed Friday The 13th. It only aired like 3 times before all these pussy whiners had it pulled. It was a Nike commercial with a hot chick in the bathroom and you see this masked killer stalking her. She fights past him and takes off running. (Now, you know no matter how much someone runs in those movies Jason walks after them. That fucker stops to meditate and still catches them.) Well she's running through the woods in a robe and a new pair of Nikes'. She vaults this downed tree and just disappears. The killer stops chasing her, outta breath he just waves her off almost like he's saying, "Shit, I'm outta shape and that bitch is crazy!"

I laughed my ass off.

I don't care who wins. I like em both. The music off both and Halloween just makes me really uncomfortable. Every time I hear it I catch my self looking around and picking my feet up. That shit is erie.
I liked Freddy Vs. Jason. It didn't take itself so damn serious. It was just a movie for entertainment purposes and it was very well done. But every time I watch it I cringe every time that chic from Destiny's Child is on screen. How she got an acting job is a bigger mystery than Stonehenge. That bitch is horrific. So much so that her acting scared me more than the other two. No pun intended.
To bad AVP tried to be all serious. It could have been a good movie if not for the utter lack of any continuity to either franchise i.e. the whole Ripley trying to keep them from making it to Earth in the future yet this peice of shit is saying they've been here all along. Predators making nice with humans yet both Predator movies we're being hunted by them. And when in the blue hell did they become so freakin easy to kill?

Love Evil Dead but the scariest movie I've ever seen is Aracnaphobia.
That movie scares me to this day. I will not watch it at night without every light in the house on sitting in the middle of the room indian style so I can see all the way around me. Spiders terrify me cause I've had a few close encounters with a couple of Brown Recluses'.

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Freddy...Jason...Michael Meyers...fuck em all...this dude would whip all their asses and ask for more... :)

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
This dude would mop up Jason or Freddy and throw 'em in the trash.

http://www.horrorcult.com/speciali/immagini/BoogeyMan/myers2.jpg

William Shatner wearing cold creme on a bad hair day? lol.

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Actually, I couldn't find a decent jpg image...so download the bitmap, sorry :)

It's The Tall Man...horror cult-heads, you know who I'm talking about!

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Freddy...Jason...Michael Meyers...fuck em all...this dude would whip all their asses and ask for more... :)

Tall Man is cool an all that, but I think Leatherface would take the approach i would have in the first installments of all the gore flicks mentioned....Cut them up into little itty bitty pieces.
If they can come back from that, nothing will do them in.

Freddy is the only one that poses a problem with that scenario.
he's in your dreams, so like was done before you'd have to hunt him down and bring him to reality without getting wasted in the process.

"Here Freddy Freddy Freddy Freddy!"

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Tall Man is cool an all that, but I think Leatherface would take the approach i would have in the first installments of all the gore flicks mentioned....Cut them up into little itty bitty pieces.
If they can come back from that, nothing will do them in.

Freddy is the only one that poses a problem with that scenario.
he's in your dreams, so like was done before you'd have to hunt him down and bring him to reality without getting wasted in the process.

"Here Freddy Freddy Freddy Freddy!"

Even that doesn't work on him. Shit, Nancy did it in part one, his daughter did it in part 6, they did it in Freddy vs. Jason...my guess on that scenario is that they've never truly managed to pull him into reality, not all the way anyway...

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:31 AM
Here ya go, bueno....

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Sweet, thanks Cat.

Phantasm ranks high among my all time favorite horror series. Looking REALLY forward to Phantasm's End...counting the days... :)

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Even that doesn't work on him. Shit, Nancy did it in part one, his daughter did it in part 6, they did it in Freddy vs. Jason...my guess on that scenario is that they've never truly managed to pull him into reality, not all the way anyway...

Hmmmmmmmm, as i said, he poses a problem, therefore making him Top Dog, lol.

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Besides, just imagine the things he'd find in Leatherfaces dreams.
Hell, he probably be-friend him and they'd become a team.

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Sweet, thanks Cat.

Phantasm ranks high among my all time favorite horror series. Looking REALLY forward to Phantasm's End...counting the days... :)

Yeah, I agree.
Phantasm is a bitchin flick with a bitchin Cuda' and Reggie, ya gotta love Reggie.
The man is dealing with dead midgets and he's still a horn dog, lol.

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Yeah, I agree.
Phantasm is a bitchin flick with a bitchin Cuda' and Reggie, ya gotta love Reggie.
The man is dealing with dead midgets and he's still a horn dog, lol.

I just hope Don Coscarelli finally gives him a sex scene in Phantasm's End - the man has SOOOOOO earned it!

scottydabodi
02-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I personally could kick BOTH their stupid asses, but in a movie fight, PINHEAD from HellRaiser would destroy ALL.