PDA

View Full Version : Cool DLR related X-mas story

MAX
01-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I posted this at VH Links the day of but I know you guys will love it. So here goes.

Originally posted on Dec. 12, 2003:

Well, I spent the entire, goddamn, and absolutely horrible day Christmas shopping with my better half today and I have a both humorous and scary story to share.

I've had an original WACF poster framed and hanging in our game room for years. I won it from my little brother in 1985 during a prepubescent poker game and he's always been pissed about losing it. Well, thanks to the VH store I bought a brand new one that is still sealed for myself.

So anyway, I thought that would make a killer present to have it reframed and give it back to him after all these years for Christmas.

So, I removed the original poster (which has deteriorated and has somewhat of a yellow hue to it) took it to a professional frame shop to have it framed for my brother.
I've done a lot of business with these guys for many years and they were honest. They told me to take it to "Prints Plus" in the malls cos they supply some sort of a glass/glass substitute that will stop further fading and deterioration.

So, we went to the mall with the almost 24 year old poster. We brought it up to the counter and explained the sitch to a 16 to 17 year old girl. Next comes the shocker. I don't care if any of you believe me or not but as she's measuring the print she steps back and goes "OMG is that David Lee Roth?" Surprisingly I said, "Yeah it's an old poster of Van Halen and I'm surprised that you would even know who David Lee Roth is?" My wife chimed in and said "And that is Eddie Van Halen in the center." The clerk called in a few more of the staff and said "Check this out it's an old picture of David Lee Roth" and they all were blown away.

I said "It's Van Halen, you see Eddie? How would girls as young as yourselves know who David Lee Roth is?" They replied that "David Lee Roth is funny and we've seen him on Carson something?" as for Eddie, they had no idea that they were even in a band together at one point. They had no idea as to who Ed even was?

Scary shit, even for me! I love Dave but that whole thing was truly pathetic. Ed better arise from the dead soon.

Pretty cool aye? I love knowing that young ones are a lot more familiar with Dave as a rock icon than Ed.

:D

Sarge
01-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Yeah.. I dated a chick recently that had no clue who Dave is...
She was kinda young :)

ELVIS
01-18-2004, 02:25 AM
How young ??

Sarge
01-18-2004, 02:28 AM
she is 24.. its actually the girl i'm engaged to now.
Believe me.. she knows who dlr/vh is now!

She also knows the fine art of giving blowj-- well I will leave my personal life outta this...

alexpgrimes
01-18-2004, 02:28 AM
My oldest boy is almost 17. His mom still brings up the fact that when he was learning how to talk, I taught him to say Van fuckin' Halen. He likes all the old school rock. If it was up to his mom he'd be into pop or country.

Seshmeister
01-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
she is 24.. its actually the girl i'm engaged to now.
Believe me.. she knows who dlr/vh is now!

She also knows the fine art of giving blowj-- well I will leave my personal life outta this...

I taught her well, I hope you appreciate that...

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.