PDA

View Full Version : 'Van Halen Rapes Stockholm' 8.25.1984

Dave's PA Rental
01-18-2004, 12:25 AM
I just re-seeded this show over at Sharingthegroove.org (http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35248)

it's in .SHN...not mp3

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Lou, check out this banner I just made for the STG tracker...

oops, had to fix something. Ill put it back up in a minute

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2004, 06:22 PM
cant get on the fucking site to upload it...

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2004, 08:26 PM
here we go...

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
smaller

FORD
01-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Are there any Bit Torrent programs besides the standard issue client. Or is there any way to make the damn thing download faster? I'm averaging about 5 KB/S downloads, and some of these things are taking a week or more to download, which of course runs the risk that the main seed and anyone else with the full file will have logged off - like with one of my Stones downloads stuck at 91% :mad:

Dave's PA Rental
01-26-2004, 10:35 PM
FORD...im not an expert by any means, but I think that there are many variables that go into the rate at which you can download.

I think you probably just have a slow connection...you said that it took you a while to download "Dean-Reloaded", it took me about 1 minute (cable). Thats just one thing, though. It depends on how many seeders are out there, how many other leachers there are. If one of the leachers is trying to download on a DIAL-UP...well, that person fucks it up for everyone else on that torrent.

I really think that the software is the least of the problem.

ELVIS
01-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Are there any Bit Torrent programs besides the standard issue client. Or is there any way to make the damn thing download faster? I'm averaging about 5 KB/S downloads, and some of these things are taking a week or more to download, which of course runs the risk that the main seed and anyone else with the full file will have logged off - like with one of my Stones downloads stuck at 91% :mad:

You're on dial up ??

Lou
01-26-2004, 11:54 PM
FORD, what ISP do you have? I have Comcast High-speed Internet, and just recently they've upped their DL speeds to a maximum of 390 KB/sec. If you're using DSL or some other broadband connection, you may only get 100 KB/sec max.

Next are you behind a firewall or router? That's a big problem, and if so you need to open up ports 6881-6889 for the torrent to work properly. If you're using a commercial ISP like Comcast, firewalling shouldn't be an issue though. You might want to check your Windows settings to make sure you haven't firewalled yourself. You can do this by going to Control Panel>Network Connections>LAN/High Speed Internet>Right Click-Properties>Advanced Tab. Then adjust your router settings if you have one. I personally have a Linksys router and I've configured it to work fine. You can go to google.com and search for your brand of router and I'm sure you'll get the info you need.

Another factor is the client you're using. If you're not already using it, you should use Shad0w's Experimental Client which can be found here (http://bt.degreez.net/). This allows you to cap your upload speed to as little as 3 KB/sec to speed things up.

Then of course there are the other standard factors like number of seeds, number of peers that can connect to you. I'd wager a guess that a lot of the other leechers aren't configured correctly, whereby they can connect for DL's but can't connect properly for UL's.

And then finally, is your computer older or newer? That can affect things too.

Lou
01-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
If one of the leachers is trying to download on a DIAL-UP...well, that person fucks it up for everyone else on that torrent.

That I didn't know, how do they screw it up for everyone else?

Dave's PA Rental
01-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I don't know for sure, Lou...I read it somewhere on some bit torrent site...

mediaaddict
03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Can you repost this?

rocking ron
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
This was a quite fair quality '84 show, got this one as double-cdr, why the fuck isn't this on dvd??? Would be great....

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Stockholm was pure power. A must own show.