PDA

View Full Version : Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster

BIGBADZERO
07-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Just saw it. It's worth seeing wether you like 'em or not.

Panamark
07-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Tell us the highlights, man !

Metallica are always cool when they play the old shit........

BruinJer
07-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I've been wanting to see that movie...

Wayne L.
07-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Metallica is the second most overrated rock band of the 80's next to U2 while I don't plan on wasting my money on Some Kind Of Monster to watch James Hetfield go through personal problems.

BIGBADZERO
07-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Tell us the highlights, man !

Metallica are always cool when they play the old shit........

It's a documentary on all the shit they went through after Jason left. The scene with Lars and Dave Mustaine is pretty powerful. Alos the scene where they tell Robert Trujillo that they're fronting him a million dollars and giving him 5% of the band is great. The look on his face is priceless. They also show a bunch of the other bass players that auditioned.

BIGBADZERO
07-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Metallica is the second most overrated rock band of the 80's next to U2 while I don't plan on wasting my money on Some Kind Of Monster to watch James Hetfield go through personal problems.

They're not overrated to me. Overrated to me means overpraised by critics and the like. Metallica has a HUGE HUGE HUGE following. You don't get that big by being overrated.

Mezro
07-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I saw it on opening night here in San Francisco and was surprised how much I liked it.

Yeah, lots of people hate St. Anger (I don't), hate Lars, hate that these guys have sold out, hate Bob Rock etc etc etc. Put all that aside and just see the damn movie. You'll be entertained.

Mezro...the best part was the Dave Mustaine/Lars therapy session...wish that scene would have gone on and on...

EbDawson
07-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Is this thing being released nationwide and if so when? I plan on seeing it if it's shown down here.

Panamark
07-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by BIGBADZERO
It's a documentary on all the shit they went through after Jason left. The scene with Lars and Dave Mustaine is pretty powerful. Alos the scene where they tell Robert Trujillo that they're fronting him a million dollars and giving him 5% of the band is great. The look on his face is priceless. They also show a bunch of the other bass players that auditioned.

Man ! I gotta see it just for the Lars/Mustaine scene..

Much music in the film ??

BIGBADZERO
07-25-2004, 07:46 PM
As for music it's mostly studio demos.

EmpyreLounge44
07-26-2004, 12:54 PM
yeah im trying to go see it but last i checked it wasnt playing anywhere near me. they have a bunch of good tracks but i had to punch out with st anger...just felt too forced and not really that good. lars is an ass, but they have made plenty of good music over the years. them at woodstock '99 was kick ass with a storm coming so it was just them on the stage with all the grating showing, they took the decorations and shit down...real cool