PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Guitars Your Take

DLRdelight!
07-24-2004, 05:04 AM
How many have played a wolfgang guitar? Were you satisfied with it? Did it get the classic Van Halen sound? Or did it just kill you?

kennyboy
07-24-2004, 05:11 AM
A friend from work let me borrow one of the originals for a couple weeks. They are actually very nice. They have great "balance" and are a lot of fun to play. It sounded way fat thru my Marshall half-stack.

DLRdelight!
07-24-2004, 05:20 AM
In other words?(sound quality)

Cathedral
07-24-2004, 05:39 AM
This thread is in the wrong forum, lol.

The Wolfgang is a nice guitar for sure, ugly and odd shaped, but nice.

But to get close to what Ed did in his prime you'd have to go with old school technology. In my opinion, the Wolfgang is too refined to get Ed's old tone since his classic tone was on the verge of feedback and total amp destruction.

I do however believe that the guitar doesn't matter as much as the amp, pickups and technique do when trying to copy Ed.

You want someone to tell you that the Wolfgang will make you sound like "Classic" Ed, but in all reality you will sound like DLRdelight playing a "Modern" Wolfgang.
It isn't just the guitar, bro. It is a series of factors that play in to what Ed had going on in the beginning.

Panamark
07-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Its an ugly looking fucker !!

Panamark
07-24-2004, 06:31 AM
So is that guitar !! :p

Matt White
07-24-2004, 08:08 AM
I got a wolfgang about 5 years ago. It had sat in the local music store for over a year. I paid about HALF of the original listed price. BADASS GUITAR!:killer: Great sound, neck is best I've ever played, both pickups smoke. AAA+++

Hecubus
07-29-2004, 11:49 PM
I dig the lines on the guitar. It's like a strat & a Les Paul had some nookie nookie.

Hecubus
07-29-2004, 11:50 PM
And what the fuck is with Eddies shoes in that pic?

Did someone photoshop clown shoes on there?

DLRdelight!
07-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Im pretty sure the did buddy

GAR
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I think that the lower bout of the body is oversized, making the total outline look a bit like a pear-shaped bitch with secretary's ass who has no tits - and skinny arms.

I have played a couple only, my main complaint is I just DO NOT like the wood for the necks and never have. Feel of the grain of the wood, the weight, plus the backshaping of the neck is funky. They feel nothing like the old Charvels which I like, which is a wide flat feel with a thick shaping past the fingerboard so you can grab a pinched note for bends up in the higher register: specifically the transition radius about 1/4" past the edge of the fretboard as it graduates toward the back of the neck, me NO LIKEY.

http://www.keef.net/images/hitleralive/04civhit.jpg

Great guitars, great sounds. So-so stock pickup, but for those reasons I no likey, I just no likey.