PDA

View Full Version : U2 will rush release album if it's leaked

PHOENIX
07-26-2004, 07:20 PM
U2 will rush release album if it's leaked

Bono says U2 will release their new album early if it's leaked onto the internet.

A CD containing new songs from the album went missing during a recent photo session in Nice.

Bono said that they'd be willing to release the record early, rather than face an online leak four months before release.

He said: "If it is on the internet this week, we will release it immediately as a legal download on iTunes, and get hard copies into the shops by the end of the month.

"It would be a real pity. It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention f**king up our holidays. But once it's out, it's out."

The CD that was stolen belonged to guitarist The Edge, who said that it "doesn't seem credible" that it could have been taken.

Band manager Paul McGuiness added: "The recording of this album has been going so well. The band is so excited about its release. It would be a shame if unfinished work fell into the wrong hands."

The band have been working on the follow-up to All That You Can't Leave Behind for much of the year. The album, said to have the working title of Vertigo, isn't due until the autumn.

PHOENIX
07-26-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm looking forward to this album.

pete
07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Me2

Chris Thomas (floyd, beatles, roxy, sex pistols) and Steve Lillywhite (1st 3 u2 albums) producing.

Should be very lean.

FORD
07-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Looking forward to it as well. Maybe a "forced" early release could be a blessing in disguise - less temptation to overproduce the album ;)

Vanstonica
07-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Here's hoping for a return to the Rock of Achtung Baby....my vote for the best album of the 90's.

FORD
07-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Vanstonica
Here's hoping for a return to the Rock of Achtung Baby....my vote for the best album of the 90's.

That would be OK, but I'm hoping it's closer to the first 3 albums :cool:

pete
07-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That would be OK, but I'm hoping it's closer to the first 3 albums :cool:

I agree. Their early albums never did justice to the band though. "Under A Blood Red Sky" fixed that though..

3 piece band blowing the roof off a place.

A big sound.

with a little "Rattle & Hum" rawness thrown in. Hawkmoon, Heartland and God Part II were pretty kick ass.