PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore on Bill O'Reilly tomorrow night.

BigBadBrian
07-26-2004, 11:39 PM
BOR ran into him on the street in beantown and threatened to shove donuts up his arse unless he went on his show. Watch it!!!!

ULTRAMAN VH
07-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I am looking forward to this match up. I am a big fan of O'reilly. Moore has a right to do what he is doing, but he is just a far left bomb thrower and Bill should put a hurtin on him with cold hard facts.

BigBadBrian
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Seriously, he gets an 8 minute segment tonight.

JCOOK
07-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Well i didnt' think the big fat buffoon had the courage-- this should be good.

Big Train
07-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't think he would want to be on a program and network that is "So wrong" in so many ways. Just proves what I always thought about MM. He will trough his way through anything he percieves as good or bad, in the name of defending the right for his movie to make a hundred mil. Dead bodies, soliders memories, facts, these are all things for MM to step on to get higher and higher on the profile chart.

He is a joke and I hope O'Reilly brings his A game and burns him good.

diamondD
07-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Less than 2 minutes in and O'Reilly has left him looking like a jibbering idiot. He couldn't answer the questions directly if you promised him a cake if he would.

Sarge
07-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Are you joking?
O'Reilly is looking like a fool

diamondD
07-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Hmmm. Of course he thinks we should have just left the Taliban in charge so they could have harbored and trained more terrorists. Gone after Bin Laden only. And there's people that think this guy has a clue???

BigBadBrian
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Are you joking?
O'Reilly is looking like a fool

You're crazy Sarge.

diamondD
07-28-2004, 07:45 AM
??? I'd like for someone to tell me one question that was asked of Moore that they think he directly answered without trying to go off on a tangent to deflect the question?

ELVIS
07-28-2004, 07:58 AM
I can't.. I don't have cable...

Cable is a BCE product...

Warham
07-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Michael Moore?

ROTFLMAO!

::getting composed again::

So, how did the interview go last night?

Guitar Shark
07-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Damn, I missed this... let me know if any of you find an online video link somewhere.

Sarge
07-28-2004, 11:10 AM
I am no defender of Moore but O'Riley did not come out the winner in that argument.

wraytw
07-28-2004, 11:16 AM
It's all a matter of perception, Sarge.

John Ashcroft
07-28-2004, 11:21 AM
I didn't see it, but read a transcript on foxnews.com...

You really can't tell who came out "on top" from reading it (although since I don't believe a thing Moore says, I'm gonna have to declare OReilly on top here)... But I'm no real fan of OReilly's either. I wish Hannity could've had a go at him, I think he'd have done a better job.

FORD
07-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Hannity is a babbling idiot. O'Reichly is definitely right wing biased (despite his claims to the contrary) but at least he occasionally lets his guests make a point.

Unless they blatantly expose the right wing propaganda in which case he'll cut their microphone and yell at them to "Shut Up! Shut Up! Just Shut Up!!" ;)

Sgt Schultz
07-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Hannity is a babbling idiot. O'Reichly is definitely right wing biased (despite his claims to the contrary) but at least he occasionally lets his guests make a point.

Unless they blatantly expose the right wing propaganda in which case he'll cut their microphone and yell at them to "Shut Up! Shut Up! Just Shut Up!!" ;)

Wrong. This new left wing notion comes from the stupid new film “Outfoxed”

“A classic example of the film’s inanity is an incredibly silly attack on Bill O’Reilly because he [O’Reilly] said he almost never said “shut up” to guests. [Film creator] Greenwald goes about disproving this trite little point, but after finding an example or two, he ruins it all by gratuitously adding clips where O’Reilly used the words “shut up” in commentaries, or in questions where he wasn’t telling a guest to shut up, but asking the guest if someone else should shut up.”

FORD
07-28-2004, 12:09 PM
I've seen him say it at least twice. Once was on his show, when a family member of a 9-11 victim was challenging the BCE "official story" of the events. OReichly yelled "Shut Up" repeatedly and when that wasn't enough to drown the guy out, he gave the order to cut the kid's mic.

The other was at an event carried live on C-SPAN where O'Reichly got pissed at Al Franken and yelled "Shut Up" at him repeatedly in an attempt to cut off Franken's explanation of why Billy is categorized among the "Lying Liars" of the right wing.

Guitar Shark
07-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by wraytw
It's all a matter of perception, Sarge.

Wow, is this ever true!

There's a streaming video at FoxNews.com; I just watched the interview. I have to agree with Sarge. There was no clear winner here; I actually thought it was a very good debate.

Sarge
07-28-2004, 12:29 PM
O'Riley talked shit after the interview....
Like he came out on top.. which he didn't.

It was a good debate and I liked Moore's answers..
Again.. not to defend the guy.
I am just a republican who happens to not like BUSH..
Sarge

John Ashcroft
07-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Heh, the Republican Party accepts gays too...

Oh, wait a minute, wrong Bush... :D

Big Train
07-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I just read the transcript and the problem with O'Reilly is that he is too sure of himself, so much so that he lets the debate leave the issues they should be talking about,thinking the other person will hang themselves.

Moore ALWAYS argues based on emotion. Emotion is pointless in policy questions and most politics in general. O"reilly had him where he wanted him, but then lost points and had to go to a defensive position over "would you send your child to Iraq", type bullshit questions.

O'Reilly beat him on facts, but Moore almost came back on emotional ranting.

Sarge
07-28-2004, 02:31 PM
What facts?

Are you talking about the beginning hwere he was trying to get Moore to admit that Bush didn't lie?
Because.. I happen to side with Moore on that one.

You have to see the clip..
Neither one came out looking like a victor.