PDA

View Full Version : Albuquerque 1980 BOOT

roadrider
07-27-2004, 07:17 PM
POST THIS BOOT! Haven't heard this recording in years, it was the first live VH bootleg I owned - got it from some guy in Arizona on cassette, and I remember it was a great, but then again , hearing any live VH would have been great at the time...there was a really funny ROTHISM from this show that I haven't seen...something about his new Chinese girlfriend "Her name was Chew ME!!!!".the next summer I saw VH at the Spectrum in Philly...here's some memories of that show...we sat on the first level about half way back in the Spectrum in complete AWE of the MOUNTAIN of speakers on stage....the lights were low and there were people on stage doing soundchecks, mostly unheard...and then...BOOM! it sounded like an explosion...that was the bass drum...this show was going to be LOUD!! After a dozen or so songs played through the PA, with the crowd getting louder ... the house lights went down...and then came the sound of a freight train in my face loaded with guitars and drums...and diamond dave....there was a "mean streets" cityscape mural on stage...they played a good mix of old stuff and fair warning songs....I have the Philly boot from 7/21/81, but the show I went to was the night before....is there a recording of the 7/20/81 show??????

Lou
07-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by roadrider
POST THIS BOOT! Haven't heard this recording in years, it was the first live VH bootleg I owned - got it from some guy in Arizona on cassette, and I remember it was a great, but then again , hearing any live VH would have been great at the time...

I heard of a guy in Arizona years ago who had a myriad of bootlegs and got busted by the FBI, I wonder if that's the same guy.

there was a really funny ROTHISM from this show that I haven't seen...something about his new Chinese girlfriend "Her name was Chew ME!!!!".the next summer I saw VH at the Spectrum in Philly...here's some memories of that show...we sat on the first level about half way back in the Spectrum in complete AWE of the MOUNTAIN of speakers on stage....the lights were low and there were people on stage doing soundchecks, mostly unheard...and then...BOOM! it sounded like an explosion...that was the bass drum...this show was going to be LOUD!! After a dozen or so songs played through the PA, with the crowd getting louder ... the house lights went down...and then came the sound of a freight train in my face loaded with guitars and drums...and diamond dave....there was a "mean streets" cityscape mural on stage...they played a good mix of old stuff and fair warning songs....I have the Philly boot from 7/21/81, but the show I went to was the night before....is there a recording of the 7/20/81 show??????

I posted both 7/20/81 and 7/21/81 on Sharing The Groove together a couple of months ago.

As for 9/10/81, I'm hoping to get a copy of the master of that relatively soon. I know someone who has it but he's gotta sort out some personal problems before we can get back to trading.