PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Artists!

powerchic
07-27-2004, 08:34 PM
I know this is an unusual place to put an "ad" for artists. But, I know there are many of you out there who are creative geniuses! Moreover, I know all of you know how Dave feels about reading books, too!

So, I am looking for artists who would like to participate in an art show in Columbia, SC in the fall of 2005. The show will be "Artists for Literacy" which means it's to help bring awareness to others about literacy and to hopefully raise money for the Greater Columbia Literacy Council. Literacy is a really big problem in SC as most of you know we always score at the bottom when it comes to education, for example! Therefore, I have had a "calling" last year to be a warrior for literacy and to try to help literacy in SC. I am working with the executive director right now as well as with some community leaders. Further, I've got a great deal of local artists here in SC as well as in the Southeast region to say "yes, I am interested in participating in the show." I am really grateful for it, too! I am trying to get artists to do what is known as "altered books." You can go to www.alteredbookartists.com to find out more information on it. Altered books are books that are used or new and they are turned into works of art by making them into collages, sculptures and paintings. It's very cool. Further, artists can do other pieces that can relate to literacy or books, for example. Just get your creative juices pumping and I will post the details on the board when I get all the information together so those who would like to participate can do so if you're willing and able to make it to Columbia, SC!:rolleyes: :D

I will do an altered book about Dave! It will be a shrine to him! When I finish it, I will see if Sarge does not mind posting it, too.

Thanks for reading my thread!

Peace,

Cheryl:cool: