PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots...AFC Champions!!!

Dave's PA Rental
01-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Phil Simms and Greg Gumble both said..."second Super Bowl apperance in three years...THATS a dynasty!"

Sweet Irony
01-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Since Seattle fell out of it, Im half assed rooting for NE & Philly----1/2 way there!

Sweet Irony
01-18-2004, 07:24 PM
But with Boston relatives who are 100% happy---Congrats to the Pats!

Dave's PA Rental
01-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Any more MVP's that the Pats have to disassemble?

Good defense beats good offense EVERY TIME!!!!

rustoffa
01-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Law put on a clinic.....not to mention the rest of that secondary smothering and knockin' motherfuckers loopy.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
Phil Simms and Greg Gumble both said..."second Super Bowl apperance in three years...THATS a dynasty!"

Pullleeezeee....

The last team to even come close to being called a dynasty was the Cowgirls of the early 90's....

There are only 2 teams that are certified dynastys, those are the Montana-led Niners, and, of course, the Stillers' 4 SB championships in 6 years.....

But anyway, congrats to the New Jersey Devils, er, sorry, I mean the New England Patriots....

They may become the most boring team in NFL history....

But if boring = winning, I guess they'll take boring every day of the week.....

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2004, 10:30 AM
ouch!

Hey, I didnt call them a dynasty, Gumble and Simms did.

You managed to combine a dis of the Patriots along with a veiled reference to my distain for the NHL.

Very well played...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2004, 02:22 PM
That's what I'm here for Dave.... :D

But IMO I'm not diss'ing them, just I like don't think I'm diss'ing the Devils....

You do whatever it takes to win....

And if that takes 5 field goals and a staunch defense, or trapping at the blue line, more power to ya...

But I think you'd agree that CBS isn't exactly licking their lips for this matchup.... I'll be interested in seeing the ratings this year...

Bob_R
01-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Pullleeezeee....

The last team to even come close to being called a dynasty was the Cowgirls of the early 90's....

There are only 2 teams that are certified dynastys, those are the Montana-led Niners, and, of course, the Stillers' 4 SB championships in 6 years.....

But anyway, congrats to the New Jersey Devils, er, sorry, I mean the New England Patriots....

They may become the most boring team in NFL history....

But if boring = winning, I guess they'll take boring every day of the week.....

You don't think the Cowboys of the 90's can be called a dynasty? They won 3 titles in 4 years. No one won that many in that short amount of time.

And as far as the Devils are concerned, we'll see you tomorrow night! ;) :p

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2004, 09:12 PM
On second thought I probably agree with ya EVH... They did have quite a run going....

And as for the Devils, don't talk shit, you lost to those lousy Penguins last time you played us...

[[ Now watch, another 8-0 whitewash.... :D ]]