PDA

View Full Version : John "F-ing" Kerry, avid hunter?

John Ashcroft
07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh, Deer: Steyn Shoots Down Kerry's Hunting Tale

Doh! A deer!

Apparently hoping to outdo Hillary Clinton's improbable attempt to reinvent herself as a duck hunter, John Kerry has tried to avoid alienating supporters of gun rights by depicting himself as a deer hunter. Mark Steyn will have none of it.

Steyn wrote in the London Telegraph yesterday:
"He was in Wisconsin the other day, pretending to be a regular guy, and was asked what kind of hunting he preferred. 'I'd have to say deer,' said the senator. 'I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach ... That's hunting.'

"This caused huge hilarity among my New Hampshire neighbours. None of us has ever heard of anybody deer hunting by crawling around on his stomach, even in Massachusetts. The trick is to blend in with the woods and, given that John Kerry already looks like a forlorn tree in late fall, it's hard to see why he'd give up his natural advantage in order to hunt horizontally.

Oh, Pooh

"Possibly his weird Vietnam nostalgia is getting out of control. Still, if I come across a guy in the woods in deer season inching through the undergrowth with a mouthful of bear scat, at least I'll know who it is," Steyn noted.

Considering that these days Kerry looks more like a bunny wabbit than Elmer Fudd, perhaps he could use a refresher course from Gun Owners of America, which, by the way, he still hasn't met with, despite his phony claim that he'd meet with any critical group.

Update from a reader from Minnesota: "The fact that John Kerry claims he crawls around on the ground while deer hunting is less ridiculous than the fact that he claims to hunt deer with a double-barrel 12 guage. Ask any hunter. You hunt deer with either a rifle or a shotgun slug (which you cannot do with a double-barrel shotgun). To a true deer hunter, Kerry's claim is even more ludicrious than Howard Dean stating that the book of Job is in the New Testament and then claiming he is a devout Christian. Kerry's statement clearly shows he has absolutely no clue about hunting."

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/28/121032.shtml)

TLR
07-28-2004, 02:28 PM
I was all prepared to comment on his silly reference to using a double-barreled 12-gauge and someone from Minnesota beat me to it...grrrrr.

JCOOK
07-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Me too--

Warham
07-28-2004, 03:06 PM
LMAO!

JCOOK
07-28-2004, 03:41 PM
That would be a scary sight-- Herman Munster Crawling through the woods with a double barrel-- Deliverance.

TLR
07-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Herman Munster/Gomer Pyle looking clown...

rustoffa
07-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Oh, Pooh

:D

http://kimmershow.com/SupportFiles/Scripts/FileTamer.asp?FileID=1388:D

John Ashcroft
07-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey, isn't that how all "populists" hunt???

TLR
07-28-2004, 08:48 PM
rustoffa...

Outstanding...

ELVIS
07-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I wonder if Theodore Nugent has heard this...:D

TLR
07-28-2004, 09:50 PM
If so he'll have a field day with the double-barrel 12-gauge reference...

JCOOK
07-28-2004, 10:55 PM
If Im' gonna hunt I want an assualt rifle so that i can kill anything that fucking moves cause I'm hungry

Ally_Kat
07-29-2004, 12:38 AM
The first thing I raised my eye at was the 12-gauge double-barrel part, and I've never gone hunting.

John Ashcroft
07-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Well, I suppose if you're close enough to the deer (I.E. on your belly, slithering up on him...) you could really fuck him up with a 12 gauge.

It'd be kinda messy though.

EbDawson
07-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
That would be a scary sight-- Herman Munster Crawling through the woods with a double barrel

It's Lurch, isn't it?

BITEYOASS
08-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
The first thing I raised my eye at was the 12-gauge double-barrel part, and I've never gone hunting.

Kerry probably got the idea of using that weapon from watching too many damn Elmer Fudd cartoons.

HELLVIS
08-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by TLR
rustoffa...

Outstanding...

OH HELL YES !

HELLVIS
08-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Kerry probably got the idea of using that weapon from watching too many damn Elmer Fudd cartoons.

SHHHH... PWEASE BE VEWRY QWIET...I'M HUNTING WAIN-DEER.