PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean quotes and lies...

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:02 AM
1. “We’ve got rid of Saddam and I suppose it was a good thing.” SUPPOSE!!!

2. Said he heard an “interesting rumor” that Bush knew in advance of 9/11. Dean claims that he does not “believe” the rumor “but it would be nice to know”.

3. “America is not safer because we caught Saddam.”

4. “The Orange Terror Alert is proof that America is not safer.” Now just wait a minute. Mr. Dean would like to know if Bush ALLOWED 9/11 to happen, but now is criticizing him trying to prevent another? Dean needs to learn that unlike Liberals, Conservatives TRY HARDER after they have had a set back rather than just give up.

5. Dean told a heart felt story about treating a young pregnant girl in his medical practice who was impregnated by her father. Dean went on to use this claim to justify his opposition to parental notification for minors before abortions. Unfortunately, (if you have not already picked up on the theme) this story was a lie. The girl was not pregnant to her father. Dean stated that the situation was more “complicated” than that. Well, gee whiz, sounds like something parents could have helped solve!

6. Said in a radio interview that he sealed his Gubernatorial records to “avoid” embarrassment”.

7. Claimed, later that the statement was a “joke”. Strange, nobody recalls anyone laughing.

8. Said that he would release his Gubernatorial records when Bush released his. (He claimed that they were in his father’s Presidential Library, sealed for 50 years.) NOTE: Bush’s Gubernatorial records are NOT SEALED. They are available for public research at the Texas State Archives. So Mr. Dean… Your records, please.

9. Dean is stating that he will speak more of Jesus Christ and his “deep faith” more in the South. Does this include or exclude white people with Confederate flags?

10. He claims that he has not spoken more about his faith because New Englanders are not “comfortable” discussing such issues. Either that or Dr. Dean is a PANDERING MORON.

11. Dean left the Episcopal Church over a dispute on the public use of a bike path. “Deep faith” my a**.

12. Dean alleged Vice President Dick Cheney committed wrongdoing for having closed discussions with major energy companies, including Enron. Governor Dean had the same types of closed discussions with energy suppliers, including Enron, BEFORE Cheney’s meetings.

13. When Dean’s duplicity on the Enron issue was reported, the Dean camp responded by stating that the problem was a “difference in interpretation”. Nothing like saying ANYTHING to become President, eh, Howard?

14. He would break up major media companies and large private corporations. And his father was a stockbroker? No wonder he sent Howard to Medical School.

15. When confronted with statistics showing that a family of four, making $40,000 a year, would see their federal taxes go from less than $200 to almost $1,100, he said, “I do not believe them”. Perhaps, this “Man of the People” should ask his “house servants” what it is like to make less than $500,000 a year.

16. In February 2003, Dean boasted that ethical politicians should follow all campaign finance rules and use public matching funds. Dean was the first to opt out from collecting these funds, therefore, exempting himself from campaign finance rules. I guess things change when you think you think you are ahead.

17. While speaking to the AFL/CIO, Dean stated that he had “NEVER” supported upping the retirement age to 70. The next day, Dean issued a retraction stating that he had “MISSTATED”. Oh, so that is what you call a LIE in Vermont.

18. “We will not always have the strongest military.” Well, maybe if you are elected.

19. The United States should treat Israel and the Palestinians in an “evenhanded” way. OH, COME ON!!! If we did that then it would be AMERICAN tanks surrounding Arafat’s compound.

20. Complained to the DNC that his opponents were attacking him too much. You would think that THEY want to win! How dare they!

21. Warned that if he were not nominated then his 1.5 million supporters would stay home. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

22. Claimed that his brother was a POW in Vietnam. Do not POW’s have to be in the military first? I am not 100% sure, but if my brother joined the Army, I would probably have noticed it (the uniform is a dead give away.)

23. Claims that he never said Saddam was a threat… Except for on “Face the Nation” in September 2002.

24. “I would be surprised if Saddam Hussein did not have chemical and biological weapons.”

25. Received a Draft Deferment for a bad back. Serving his country interfered with skiing in Aspen.

26. “This is an issue about nothing.” Dean’s statement on partial birth abortion.

27. Dean sees no connection between Libya’s capitulation on WMD and Iraq. Negotiations began 5 days before America invaded Iraq and concluded abruptly on December 19th (the day we caught Saddam.) Hmmm…

28. “I have no way of knowing if we could have done it [negotiated with Libya] without it [the invasion of Iraq].” Hey Howard! Make up your mind!

29. Would have to “consult with his lawyers” on what to do if Osama Bin Laden was captured.

30. “It does not matter where he [Bin Laden] is tried.” Sure, 3000 American dead in New York City, no big deal.

31. “I have this old fashioned notion about… [Osama being innocent until proven guilty].” Excuse me Dr. Dean; we are talking about the head of an international terrorist group, not your son who vandalized a country club.

32. “I don’t know.” Dean on how many active duty military personnel the United States needs for its defense.

33. “Had the United Nations GIVEN US PERMISSION and asked us to be part of a multinational force, I WOULD NOT HAVE HESITATED TO GO INTO IRAQ.” Too bad Osama will not ask permission from the U.N. the next time they want to launch a terrorist attack in America.

34. “I won’t be talking like this during the General Election.” Oh really? Have a brand new set of lies in the wings?

35. Hammas terrorists are “soldiers in a war”.

:rolleyes:

Sarge's Little Helper
01-19-2004, 02:03 AM
1. “We’ve got rid of Saddam and I suppose it was a good thing.” SUPPOSE!!!

2. Said he heard an “interesting rumor” that Bush knew in advance of 9/11. Dean claims that he does not “believe” the rumor “but it would be nice to know”.

3. “America is not safer because we caught Saddam.”

4. “The Orange Terror Alert is proof that America is not safer.” Now just wait a minute. Mr. Dean would like to know if Bush ALLOWED 9/11 to happen, but now is criticizing him trying to prevent another? Dean needs to learn that unlike Liberals, Conservatives TRY HARDER after they have had a set back rather than just give up.

5. Dean told a heart felt story about treating a young pregnant girl in his medical practice who was impregnated by her father. Dean went on to use this claim to justify his opposition to parental notification for minors before abortions. Unfortunately, (if you have not already picked up on the theme) this story was a lie. The girl was not pregnant to her father. Dean stated that the situation was more “complicated” than that. Well, gee whiz, sounds like something parents could have helped solve!

6. Said in a radio interview that he sealed his Gubernatorial records to “avoid” embarrassment”.

7. Claimed, later that the statement was a “joke”. Strange, nobody recalls anyone laughing.

8. Said that he would release his Gubernatorial records when Bush released his. (He claimed that they were in his father’s Presidential Library, sealed for 50 years.) NOTE: Bush’s Gubernatorial records are NOT SEALED. They are available for public research at the Texas State Archives. So Mr. Dean… Your records, please.

9. Dean is stating that he will speak more of Jesus Christ and his “deep faith” more in the South. Does this include or exclude white people with Confederate flags?

10. He claims that he has not spoken more about his faith because New Englanders are not “comfortable” discussing such issues. Either that or Dr. Dean is a PANDERING MORON.

11. Dean left the Episcopal Church over a dispute on the public use of a bike path. “Deep faith” my a**.

12. Dean alleged Vice President Dick Cheney committed wrongdoing for having closed discussions with major energy companies, including Enron. Governor Dean had the same types of closed discussions with energy suppliers, including Enron, BEFORE Cheney’s meetings.

13. When Dean’s duplicity on the Enron issue was reported, the Dean camp responded by stating that the problem was a “difference in interpretation”. Nothing like saying ANYTHING to become President, eh, Howard?

14. He would break up major media companies and large private corporations. And his father was a stockbroker? No wonder he sent Howard to Medical School.

15. When confronted with statistics showing that a family of four, making $40,000 a year, would see their federal taxes go from less than $200 to almost $1,100, he said, “I do not believe them”. Perhaps, this “Man of the People” should ask his “house servants” what it is like to make less than $500,000 a year.

16. In February 2003, Dean boasted that ethical politicians should follow all campaign finance rules and use public matching funds. Dean was the first to opt out from collecting these funds, therefore, exempting himself from campaign finance rules. I guess things change when you think you think you are ahead.

17. While speaking to the AFL/CIO, Dean stated that he had “NEVER” supported upping the retirement age to 70. The next day, Dean issued a retraction stating that he had “MISSTATED”. Oh, so that is what you call a LIE in Vermont.

18. “We will not always have the strongest military.” Well, maybe if you are elected.

19. The United States should treat Israel and the Palestinians in an “evenhanded” way. OH, COME ON!!! If we did that then it would be AMERICAN tanks surrounding Arafat’s compound.

20. Complained to the DNC that his opponents were attacking him too much. You would think that THEY want to win! How dare they!

21. Warned that if he were not nominated then his 1.5 million supporters would stay home. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

22. Claimed that his brother was a POW in Vietnam. Do not POW’s have to be in the military first? I am not 100% sure, but if my brother joined the Army, I would probably have noticed it (the uniform is a dead give away.)

23. Claims that he never said Saddam was a threat… Except for on “Face the Nation” in September 2002.

24. “I would be surprised if Saddam Hussein did not have chemical and biological weapons.”

25. Received a Draft Deferment for a bad back. Serving his country interfered with skiing in Aspen.

26. “This is an issue about nothing.” Dean’s statement on partial birth abortion.

27. Dean sees no connection between Libya’s capitulation on WMD and Iraq. Negotiations began 5 days before America invaded Iraq and concluded abruptly on December 19th (the day we caught Saddam.) Hmmm…

28. “I have no way of knowing if we could have done it [negotiated with Libya] without it [the invasion of Iraq].” Hey Howard! Make up your mind!

29. Would have to “consult with his lawyers” on what to do if Osama Bin Laden was captured.

30. “It does not matter where he [Bin Laden] is tried.” Sure, 3000 American dead in New York City, no big deal.

31. “I have this old fashioned notion about… [Osama being innocent until proven guilty].” Excuse me Dr. Dean; we are talking about the head of an international terrorist group, not your son who vandalized a country club.

32. “I don’t know.” Dean on how many active duty military personnel the United States needs for its defense.

33. “Had the United Nations GIVEN US PERMISSION and asked us to be part of a multinational force, I WOULD NOT HAVE HESITATED TO GO INTO IRAQ.” Too bad Osama will not ask permission from the U.N. the next time they want to launch a terrorist attack in America.

34. “I won’t be talking like this during the General Election.” Oh really? Have a brand new set of lies in the wings?

35. Hammas terrorists are “soldiers in a war”.

:rolleyes:

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Read it BEEOTCH!

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:20 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/dean_monster_truck.jpg

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:22 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/dean_rebel.jpg

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:23 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/dean_lightweight.jpg

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 02:25 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/dean_adaptation.jpg

lucky wilbury
01-19-2004, 03:26 AM
my favorite's always been the one where he said he voted againest the iraq war resolution while he was in congress.

BigBadBrian
01-19-2004, 08:11 AM
This thread needs a permanent sticky. :D

FORD
01-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by janecool55
Hey Ford, I'm just wondering why you havne't commented on these quotes and lies your boy has spoken? Just curious

Well, honestly, I hadn't even seen this thread until right now. And at the moment, after a 6 pack of Pyramid Snow Cap Ale (7.0%alcohol) i'm not really in the frame of mind to refute the individual points.

So are you a friend of Mr Presley then? And who are you endorsing in the election?

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 09:16 AM
"President Carter and the former first lady invited me to church"......lol, what a riot. and he got stiffed on the endorsement to boot. You could even see the disgust on his face as they were walking out of their meeting.

Now if the shittiest Democrat President of our time won't endorse Dean, what the fuck does that say about the man?

It says that he is the wrong man, don't ya think?

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Mr. Dean, we will be approaching Loserville in aproximately 10 1/2 months.......Please buckle up and put your dog back in the cage..........Oh, i'm sorry sir. I didn't know that was your wife....