PDA

View Full Version : Fat shoplifters on the rampage

lucky wilbury
07-29-2004, 06:26 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10279237%255E13762,00.html

Fat shoplifters on the rampage
From correspondents in Johannesburg
July 29, 2004

A GANG of oversized women shoplifters has been terrorising shopkeepers and supermarkets in the South African port city of Durban over the past two months, police said.

The gang targeted stores in the city's crime-prone business district and diverted security staff with "commotion" while others packed their bags with goodies, Inspector Michael Read told AFP from Durban.

"Size is a factor in that they use it to intimidate the staff," he said, adding that the women operated in gangs of between four and 10.

"The modus operandi is that some of them pick up a mock fight or cause commotion while the others fill oversized bags with clothes. They usually target clothes shops and cosmetic outlets and then sell them to streetside vendors at cheap prices."

Read said "several arrests have been made but some of these women are still at large."

Security staff of shops in the area had been tipped by police to watch out for large women shopping in groups, he said.

The phenomenon started five years ago in Durban but came to a stop with the arrest of an all-women's gang, known as the A-team, according to provincial police director Bala Naidoo.

Coyote
07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Shit, just throw some chocolate their way. That'll pacify them...

SoCalChelle
07-29-2004, 07:36 PM
LOL@ "the women are still at large"

seenbad
07-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Chelle, you have nothing to worry about. You're in America now. Keep posting from your home and they'll never find you. Africa is like..... a long way away and stuff. :)

SoCalChelle
07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
So sad that you have nothing to do but follow people around and insult them.

seenbad
07-30-2004, 01:05 AM
I don't follow you around. Don't flatter yourself. Youre just so fuckin big it's hard not to bump in to you once in a while!! Mooooooooooooo!!!!

Fabulous Shadow
07-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Seen, Chelle is NOT fat... Why would you say that? Have you ever even seen her? What is with guys? Whys is that when they don't like a woman they call her fat even when she isn't fat? Do you guys have any idea how much pressure society puts on women about our bodies?
Please we do not need this kind of abuse at a message board! Just tease us about our driving or say... our spelling...:p

Ally_Kat
07-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
What is with guys? Whys is that when they don't like a woman they call her fat even when she isn't fat?

it's because they know some women obsess about if they are fat or not and they think all women are weak and will backdown to such a comment.

seenbad
07-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Not all women are weak? :confused:

guwapo_rocker
07-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Seen, Chelle is NOT fat... Why would you say that? Have you ever even seen her? What is with guys? Whys is that when they don't like a woman they call her fat even when she isn't fat? Do you guys have any idea how much pressure society puts on women about our bodies?
Please we do not need this kind of abuse at a message board! Just tease us about our driving or say... our spelling...:p

Our spelling.:D

SoCalChelle
07-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
it's because they know some women obsess about if they are fat or not and they think all women are weak and will backdown to such a comment.

I'm not backing down. I just want to know why he's such an asshole.

Thanks for the props, Fab.

Steve Savicki
07-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by seenbad
You're in America now. Keep posting from your home and they'll never find you. Africa is like..... a long way away and stuff. :)
James?

*CRACK*

Is that corn I hear?

SoCalChelle
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
LOL@Savicki :)

seenbad
07-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Savicki, I don't even know what you're talking about, but ok. Ha ha. That steve guy sure is funny. :)

Fabulous Shadow
07-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Our spelling.:D

Maybe I should have said... My spelling :o Not fair to include the other gals in on that one... You can tease them about their ummm...
breast size maybe??? I don't know

Catfish
07-30-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't follow you around. Don't flatter yourself. Youre just so fuckin big it's hard not to bump in to you once in a while!! Mooooooooooooo!!!!

LOL, holy shit!!!!!

Catfish
07-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Naw, I can't think of any women like that!

Ally_Kat
07-30-2004, 02:23 PM
then you must not know many women or as well as you think

SoCalChelle
07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Savicki, I don't even know what you're talking about, but ok. Ha ha. That steve guy sure is funny. :)

Translation for humor impaired: Jimmy cracked corn and I DON'T CARE

Ya know what, Steve, you're right. I don't care either. Yeah, I may be a tad overweight, but with a little effort I could lose weight. But Seenbad's always going to be an asshole.

seenbad
07-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Yes, I've heard the kid song. It doesn't quite fit with anything. My name isn't James. He was trying to be funny I guess, but it didn't quite work out.

A "tad" over? :confused: Don't go for long walks in the country at night. There are kids out there that play this game? You might get tipped on your ass.....dangerous stuff. Just lookin' out for ya.

Yeah, I'll probably always be an asshole. :)

Fabulous Shadow
07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
Translation for humor impaired: Jimmy cracked corn and I DON'T CARE

Fuk-n-A! :D

JCOOK
08-01-2004, 10:50 AM
I didnt' know there were any fat people in africa-- every time i see them on tv they are emaciated and have flies all over them. I must do more resarch--

JCOOK
08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Did more research still no fat people in Africa just flies on the emaciated--Need more research money-- CAN YOU HELP

JCOOK
08-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Found fat black people --not in Africa-- south central --research getting interesting-- these people appear to know about this"CRACKED CORN" you speak of --will go deep into research