PDA

View Full Version : 'what The F**k Are You Guys Doing Up There'

lucky wilbury
07-30-2004, 12:47 AM
click on the link to the main article to get the link for the mp3

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc86.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU JULY 29, 2004 23:00:28 ET XXXXX

'WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU GUYS DOING UP THERE'

DNC CONVENTION DIRECTOR DON MISCHER AIRED ON CNN AS KERRY ENDS SPEECH, HEARD WORLDWIDE:

'Go balloons, go balloons! Go balloons! I don't see anything happening. Go balloons! Go balloons! Go balloons! Standby confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring it- balloons, balloons, balloons! We want balloons, tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet.

'No confetti. All right, go balloons, go balloons. We need more balloons. All balloons! All balloons! Keep going! Come on, guys, lets move it. Jesus! We need more balloons. I want all balloons to go, goddammit. Go confetti. Go confetti. More confetti. I want more balloons. What's happening to the balloons? We need more balloons.

'We need all of them coming down. Go balloons- balloons? What's happening balloons? There's not enough coming down! All balloons, what the hell! There's nothing falling! What the fuck are you guys doing up there? We want more balloons coming down, more balloons. More balloons. More balloons'...

AUDIO [MP3 FILE]...

Big Train
07-30-2004, 03:00 AM
As a republican, naturally, I will be notified Mr. Powell's troops about that gaffe. Sic em boys!!!

Actually, I really enjoyed that, the best part of the convention ('where are the fucking balloons???). Hilarious.

An extremely close second was Guiliani (?sp) being interviewed on Fox by I believe Hannity. Commenting on Michael Moores prescence "Clearly the rock star of this convention". Then the killer closer "I don't need Michael Moore to tell me about 9/11, I was there..."

Warham
07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Hannity's interview with Guiliani kept my interest more than Kerry's speech.

FORD
07-30-2004, 09:35 AM
I watched the convention on C-Span so I didn't have to put up with the Bush blowing media whores. Looks like this is the one CNN exclusive that might have been worth watching ;)

Actually, I was wondering whether or not it was proper etiquette to still be dropping balloons and confetti when the priest was leading the closing prayer.....

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Either way.. the whole performance was mediocre at best, to average middle class Americans...

Trust me...

Warham
07-30-2004, 09:57 AM
What does the polling data look like this morning?

:D

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Kerry is slightly ahead of Bush, as is to be expected, but only three points, the morning after the DNC official nomination ??

48 to 45

BUSH '04

BITEYOASS
08-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Either way.. the whole performance was mediocre at best, to average middle class Americans...

Trust me...

Of course, because they were playing Van Hagar during the supposed balloon drop! I wonder if this will question FORD's voting decision. Of course he could say that it was all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy.

HELLVIS
08-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Actually, I was wondering whether or not it was proper etiquette to still be dropping balloons and confetti when the priest was leading the closing prayer..... [/B]

EXCELLENT POINT...

rustoffa
08-01-2004, 04:00 AM
I visualised teleprompters falling instead of baloons.

Without a doubt, the stage at the Fleet center was nothing more than an auction block.

Jimmy Carter's appearance was like watching a doddering fool feed pigeons at the overpass.

freak
08-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Kerry is slightly ahead of Bush, as is to be expected, but only three points, the morning after the DNC official nomination ??

48 to 45

BUSH '04

Dukakis was much farther ahead of Bush Sr. after the Dem convention.

ELVIS
08-01-2004, 04:23 AM
I rest my case...