PDA

View Full Version : Quick OzzFest Review (7/31) San Bernardino Ca.

BruinJer
08-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Overall it was a great day... not too hot, it can get like a fucking oven in that shithole. A lot of women walking around topless... God I love concert skanks! Anyway, Got there in the middle of Black Label Society's set... not bad, didn't see or hear too much because I was busy getting alcohol in my system so we'll skip to Slayer... this band has lost it! Sorry Slayer fans, they sucked balls, I was expecting too much. They played a lot of newer stuff (Post South of Heaven), only one song from reign in blood... they ended the set with Raining Blood. IMO, everything after Reign In Blood is crap anyway!

Next up PRIEST... Great Set! They sound stronger than ever. Much more of a harder edge to there sound with (most of the songs played in) a slower tempo. They started the set off with Electric Eye, which set the crowed off! next was Metal Gods... Rob's voice was strong! The rest of the set pretty much covered their stuff from the 70s/early 80s They encored with Hell Bent for Leather, Painkiller and ended with You've Got Another thing Coming.... Can't wait to see them when they begin their arena tour, should be outstanding!

Now to the headliners... I wasn't expection too much from Sabbath, I've seen Ozzy solo and heard the bootlegs from Sabbath's last (reunion tour) and noticed Ozzy sounds AWFUL. They opened with a great video piece of old photos, video & songs. This set the crowd off!! Then came the familar Supertzar intro, which ALWAYS gets me pumped.... they opened with War Pigs and the crowed went NUTS , and to my surprise, Ozzy sounded fucking great! Better than he has in quite a long time. My wife commented that he looked well rested and full of energy. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed instead of a plane or bus (he does live in L.A.). He looked about 15-20lbs heavier, which is to be expected after the year he's had. The set rolled along with more favorites like Fairies Wear Boots, Iron Man, Black Sabbath, Snowblind (with many scenes from the movie Scarface) and they ended with Paranoid. The crowed was nuts and the bonfired added to the insanity! Great day filled with beer topless women & great music!

http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/tourads/073104.jpg

Rebel
08-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Did you catch any of Slipknot or Hatebreed?

I'd really like to catch it this year, I'm a huge BLS fan, did you hear any of it at all? Sucks that Slayer wasn't good, people talk about VH playing sloppy (not being able to get away with it), but Slayer is even tighter, they can't screw up at all, maybe it's b/c they haven't played together in awhile.

See any second stage acts? Was Lamb of God there?

BruinJer
08-02-2004, 08:21 AM
I didn't see any of the second stage acts... got there too late. my wife's friend was dragging, the chick would be late to her own funeral.

Panamark
08-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Id almost chop me left one off to see that gig ! :(
Im a sucker for original lineups belting it out....

HELLO, VAN HALEN !!!!!!

Thanks for the review BruinJer, (Another old school Army dude)
Hey I used to knock the shit out of Glasseyed Joe on my
nintendo !! :)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
The rest of the set pretty much covered their stuff from the 70s/early 80s

I wouldn't want to hear them any other way !!!!

Sounds great, can't wait until they go out on their own (again)....