PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Plan Push For Elimination Of Irs

lucky wilbury
08-02-2004, 01:07 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/rnc.htm

REPUBLICANS PLAN PUSH FOR ELIMINATION OF IRS

**Exclusive**

A domestic centerpiece of the Bush/GOP agenda for a second Bush term is getting rid of the Internal Revenue Service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The Speaker of the House will push for replacing the nation's current tax system with a national sales tax or a value added tax, Hill sources tell DRUDGE.

"People ask me if I’m really calling for the elimination of the IRS, and I say I think that’s a great thing to do for future generations of Americans," Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert explains in his new book, to be released on Wednesday.

"Pushing reform legislation will be difficult. Change of any sort seldom comes easy. But these changes are critical to our economic vitality and our economic security abroad," Hastert declares in SPEAKER: LESSONS FROM FORTY YEARS IN COACHING AND POLITICS.

"“If you own property, stock, or, say, one hundred acres of farmland and tax time is approaching, you don’t want to make a mistake, so you’re almost obliged to go to a certified public accountant, tax preparer, or tax attorney to help you file a correct return. That costs a lot of money. Now multiply the amount you have to pay by the total number of people who are in the same boat. You can’t. No one can because precise numbers don’t exist. But we can stipulate that we’re talking about a huge amount. Now consider that a flat tax, national sales tax, or VAT would not only eliminate the need to do this, it could also eliminate the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) itself and make the process of paying taxes much easier."

"By adopting a VAT, sales tax, or some other alternative, we could begin to change productivity. If you can do that, you can change gross national product and start growing the economy. You could double the economy over the next fifteen years. All of a sudden, the problem of what future generations owe in Social Security and Medicare won’t be so daunting anymore. The answer is to grow the economy, and the key to doing that is making sure we have a tax system that attracts capital and builds incentives to keep it here instead of forcing it out to other nations."

Developing...

FORD
08-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Never gonna happen. You can't buy global fascism with sales tax.

lucky wilbury
08-02-2004, 01:19 AM
i thought you've said before that you would be for a national sales tax?

ELVIS
08-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Not if it's a neocon shit bag idea...:rolleyes:

Big Train
08-02-2004, 02:36 AM
Elvis, Couldn't have said it better myself. He wants it to come from "responsible" hands of Kerry/Edwards, who raise taxes on everything they touch.

FORD
08-02-2004, 09:19 AM
The entire modus operandi of the Bush Criminal Empire depends on a bloated "Defense" budget. It always has, and always will. The BCE wouldn't be able to pull off their scams without that money (i.e. they wouldn't be able to skim off billions to fund their black ops such as Al Qaeda and drug smuggling)

As far as the idea itself, I would support discussion of ANY tax reform which closed all the ridiculous loopholes and made the rich pay their fair share of the tax burden. But that will never come from the BCE either. As they have already proven, they would rather give "tax cuts" to those who use all the loopholes and likely didn't pay any taxes in the first place.

John Ashcroft
08-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Bloated Defense budget???

True colors showing again...

FORD
08-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Bloated Defense budget???

True colors showing again...

If they can get away with $400 screwdrivers and $600 toilet seats, just imagine how much padding they can put on the big ticket items. It's the perfect scam. Who knows how much it really costs to build a Stealth bomber.

They do these budgets like this on purpose, because that way they can funnel the extra money into all the things that they can't list on the budget. Like all those new poppy crops in Afghanistan, for example.

ELVIS
08-02-2004, 09:46 AM
The only "scam" comes from people like you...

Warham
08-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Kerry said he was going to raise the 'bloated defense budget', didn't he?

Looks like he's going to be buying alot more $400 screwdrivers.

John Ashcroft
08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Ford, you watch too much TV...

Anyway, do you have equal problems with the bloated social spending out of Washington??? You know social spending is about twice as large as Defense spending, don't you?

And yet you libs still whine about "two Americas" and what not. Shouldn't your pet social worries be fixed by now? With all the money being spent on them, I'd have thought you libs would've fixed everything by now...

FORD
08-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Ford, you watch too much TV...

Actually, I don't. The convention last week was the most TV I've watched in years. The only TV shows I watch habitually anymore are The Simpsons and South Park.

Anyway, do you have equal problems with the bloated social spending out of Washington??? You know social spending is about twice as large as Defense spending, don't you?

The whole system could use some work, but the holes in the "defense" budget are the most obvious. And considering this is how Al Qaeda was created in the first place, the most harmful to the country.

And yet you libs still whine about "two Americas" and what not. Shouldn't your pet social worries be fixed by now? With all the money being spent on them, I'd have thought you libs would've fixed everything by now...

Every time the "libs" try to fix something, the right wing corporatists get in the way. i.e. healthcare reform, insurance reform, REAL campaign finance reform, etc.

ELVIS
08-02-2004, 10:06 AM
You must have gotten a refill on your meds...;)

steve
08-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Replacing income tax with a sales tax - combined with the vast eliminations of taxes on stock dividends that GW has already pushed through - is just another way to throw taxes on the backs of the lower and middle class to free up more money for the rich.

Don't believe me though - think about it, read about it, and do the numbers yourself.

ELVIS
08-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Gotten is not a word is it ??

:D

ODShowtime
08-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Coming from someone who is in the midst of taking the CPA exams, I say fuck this proposal, or idea, or whatever it is. Shit on these people.

DLR'sCock
08-02-2004, 12:35 PM
So what would be this proposed National Sales Tax???

!0%? 20%? 30%? 2%? 0%? 99%?

It would seem that this would put more of a tax burden on the majority of the population which is the middle class and lower class....and might not bring in enough money for even the military budget...

John Ashcroft
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I actually prefer the Dick Armey flat tax proposal myself. I think the calculated rate was at 15%-18%, and those with income level below $35,000 paid no income taxes at all.

JCOOK
08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Someone get FORD his methodone --please

whodat
08-26-2004, 04:12 PM
the taxcode now is so damn complicated it needs to be erradicateed and replaced. value added tax with tax the shit out of asshole who drive around in tank suvs who dont need them. i like that

whodat
08-26-2004, 04:14 PM
even the ez form requires a cpa

Ally_Kat
08-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Wait, how will a sales tax fall only on the backs of the middle class?

Paris Hilton can go on one of her many shopping sprees and spend at least $5,000. A 10% national sales tax would have her contributing at least $500 everytime she went for a pair of shoes and a shirt.

My family spend $200 at Costcos whenever we go. A 10% national sales tax would have us contributing $20 everytime we go, and we don't do that as often as Paris Hilton throws money around on clothes.

While there are more middle class, the upper class has more money and is more likely to splurge randomly and often. How many cars, houses and movie-theater style tvs do you see on MTV cribs? I think the upper class would deffy pull their weight in on this.

ELVIS
08-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Your using logic again Ally...

You might as well speak martian to some of these people...

Wayne L.
08-27-2004, 01:23 PM
The IRS should have NEVER existed in the first place since both political parties abuse it but liberal Democrats like to spend other people's money by raising taxes for their useless social programs.