PDA

View Full Version : Metal Sludge owner finally tells the truth

Flash Bastard
08-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Have any of you seen this? Stevie Rachelle of Tuff has come forward and admitted he's the mastermind behind Metal Sludge.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

The site has been redesigned too.

Now I just have one question, who the FUCK is Stevie Rachelle?

Developing....

Sarge
08-02-2004, 07:34 PM
just found this on their message board

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=97

Sludgeaholics,
I always wondered if Metal Sludge would ever get hacked one day, since the bigger we got, the more I figured somebody would try to hack into it. Well, I guess that day has come. Who knew it would be by one of the staff though?

I greatly enjoyed Stevie Rachelle's post on Metal Sludge claiming he's the brains behind it all. I guess I'm just the "evil" webmaster that got fired. Bummer for me, I guess. However, let me ask you all you Sludgeaholics a question....why did you come to Metal Sludge? I'm assuming it was to read what was on the page, and not just to buy a T-Shirt or CD. I'm assuming you wanted to be entertained. Well.....

Jani Bon Neil, Ozzy Stillbourne, bastard boy floyd, and even Donna Anderson were written by me. One person. Perhaps I have multiple personalities. Stevie's characters? Taime Slaughter and C.C. Van Sixx. Now ask yourselves, who did you enjoy reading more? Did you come to the page to hear what Taime Slaughter had to say, or did you come to the page for Ozzy's FU Award, floyd's mailbag, Donna's dick chart, etc. Basically 98% of what was ever written on Sludge was written by me, and Stevie had no problem with it, and encouraged most of it.

Every email that came into the page, every post that went up, all that shit, I did. So over the course of 6 years, I'd get really fucking burned out. I tried to get Stevie to help out but I think over the course of the 6 years, he updated the page once! He just didn't care. I asked, and asked, and asked for help and got nothing. So within the last few years, I got tired of feeling like I was doing all the work and he wasn't holding up his fair share. It wasn't 50/50, even though we were supposed to split all money 50/50. Stevie's main job was to do the merch, which we all know he can do well. I did all the writing along with help from Dana Brittingham, Lita Love, Gerri Gargano, and all the various rock stars who had a column or did a Tour Diary for us. To all of them, I say thank you!

I wanted Stevie to write, I wanted him to contribute, but it just didn't happen. So as you can tell over the last few months, the page was slow. I had other things to do and didn't want to do it anymore. I wanted to end the page on September 1st. Let's go out with a bang!

So I wake up today and find that Stevie has "fired me" and now he's running the show. Really? Well, whatever. I feel bad for the Metal Sludge legacy now since it's just turned to shit. Everything we did, everything we accomplished, is now done. Metal Sludge is over. I like how he's even using the names I created. Jani Bon Neil, Ozzy Stillbourne, bastard boy floyd, and Donna Anderson were names I created and I wrote with, but now Stevie's using them. Kinda like Kiss having Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer play Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. I guess in a way, it's kinda fitting that Metal Sludge turns out this way. The very thing we were goofing on for years happened to us! Egos, money, and power trips.

As any of you on the Gossip Board know, Stevie Rachelle loves to promote his band. He's like Gene Simmons Jr. So now, Metal Sludge is basically going to turn into another Tuff website, as you can tell by his picture on the Main Page and his latest dates coming up. Stevie wanted to just make money, which is fine, but he didn't give 2 fucks and a piss about what went up on the page. It was all $$$$. I don't want Sludge to "never die." I don't want Sludge to be played out. I wanted Sludge to call it a day and not become a parody of ourselves. I don't want Sludge to become like the bands we used to goof on. But Stevie never wanted the page to end since it made money. Sure, that's great, but if it's not fun anymore, I didn't want to do it. And I didn't want the page to really continue on, but if it did, I told him before I didn't want my characters name used since I wrote for them. But Stevie just decided to do whatever he wants and make it sound like he's the brains behind it all. I know the Sludgeaholics and would hope that most of you are smart enough to see through all this. You guys aren't stupid. You know what's up.

So "Ozzy Stillbourne" can write on Metal Sludge TV all day long, it ain't going to be the same. Stevie can try and use those names and milk the name Metal Sludge all he wants. The truth is, the page is dead. And if you don't believe me, just keep an eye on the page for the next few weeks/months. It's over. It's not going to be the same and it never will be.

Metal Sludge 9/1/98 - 8/2/04

Fuck, you would have at least thought Stevie would have done his "take over" on 9/1! At least be consistent.

For me and my whacky characters of Jani, floyd, Donna, and Ozzy, I say thank you. It's been a fun ride. And perhaps, the real Jani Bon Neil, Ozzy Stillbourne, Donna Anderson, and Ozzy Stillbourne will ride again!

Thank you for the last 6 years! I really mean it. It was a great ride.

RIP Metal Sludge,

Jani, floyd, Ozzy & Donna

P.S. I still have control of the Gossip Board, so I have that going for me! - love bastard boy floyd

Sarge
08-02-2004, 07:35 PM
sounds like that guy got fucked

Flash Bastard
08-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow, I didn't see that part. What a fucking mess.

Mezro
08-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
sounds like that guy got fucked

And that sucks! Because that "guy" had lots of nice things to say about me during my run with Hardknockz.

Mezro...without "him" writing, Metal-Sludge really is dead...

JCOOK
08-02-2004, 08:25 PM
I hired a guy once who was the drummer for concrete blonde

Hey I felt bad for the guy he had to eat too.

Flash Bastard
08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Jesus, I guess that's yet another website I can remove from my favorites list. What a fucking shame, I loved the interviews.

R.I.P. Sludge

Catfish
08-03-2004, 11:20 AM
And I wore my Metal Sludge shirt to Ozzfest three days ago...

EmpyreLounge44
08-03-2004, 11:48 AM
nothing worse than a bitch fight on a crappy site

Leo VanNewhouse
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Stevie Rachelle is from Tuff. They have a cool song called American Hair Band. It's a tribute to the '80s rock scene. CLASSIC Van Halen and DLR are featured in this song (note: CLASSIC VH :D)

I believe Stevie is going to get an asskicking from Bach, because he always made fun of him. Bach even said so in an interview. This should be good :D

Seshmeister
08-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Tuff were a joke.

Chaz Rock City
08-10-2004, 12:26 AM
The singer from Tuff is in no postiton to talk shit on anybody. Better to be a has been than a never was. Steve, you're just a sad whiny bitch.

I'm out like Metal Sludge's credabilty.

Flash Bastard
08-11-2004, 10:19 PM
I give the site 3 months until it fades away into obscurity.

Flash Bastard
08-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
I give the site 3 months until it fades away into obscurity.

Looks like I was a little conservative in my estimate. 4 weeks later the site is ancient history.

Oh well, I don't care anymore.

Bush - Cheney in 2004!

Viking
08-29-2004, 03:31 PM
What a bummer. I always liked surfing that site when I had a buzz on.......