PDA

View Full Version : Dean gets corn-holed in Iowa...

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Wow! That's a shocker! Third place. Amazing!

diamondD
01-19-2004, 10:19 PM
What will the spin be?

Little Texan
01-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Bwahahahahahaaaaaa! Ford's boy wound up third in Iowa! That's great! I love it. Question is, if anyone other than Dean gets the nomination, who is Ford going to support then?

twonabomber
01-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Gephardt did so well, he's gonna drop out.

Cathedral
01-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Dean doing so poorly is not a good thing for Bush.

I see him as the only un-electable candidate running. Kerry, if he gets the nod, will be a tougher battle to win in November.

I could be wrong and hope i am.

Little Texan
01-19-2004, 10:56 PM
The problem with Dean, other than being really wishy washy and not taking a firm stance on anything...always changing his story, is he's just too liberal. American voters like a Presidential candidate that is more to the center...they don't like the two extremes...they don't like someone who is too liberal, or someone who is too conservative.

Flash Bastard
01-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
Wow! That's a shocker! Third place. Amazing!

I'm not suprised at all. Dean is unelectable.

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Judas IsKerryot is a Van Hagar fan.... why the fuck doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes: (Using "Right Now" as his campaign song)

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:13 PM
And for the record, i'm disappointed as Hell :(

But it's one battle. And caucuses are chaotic by nature. This ain't over by a long shot.

Good news is that my second choice, John Edwards did very well. Also good news is that one of the DLC candidates, Gephardt, is now gone.

On to New Hampshire...........

:drive:

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Bwahahahahahaaaaaa! Ford's boy wound up third in Iowa! That's great! I love it. Question is, if anyone other than Dean gets the nomination, who is Ford going to support then?

I would support John Edwards if he were the nominee. I would consider supporting Clark.

I cannot support Lieberman because he's more committed to PNAC than Junior is. And Kerry has a PNAC'er as a senior adviser to his campaign, so I wouldn't vote for him either.

PNAC vs PNAC is no choice at all :mad:

Lincoln
01-19-2004, 11:23 PM
It will be a Kerry Edwards ticket.:D

Flash Bastard
01-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
..... Also good news is that one of the DLC candidates, Gephardt, is now gone.

I agree with that statement. I hate Gephardt more than all the other candidates put together.

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
I agree with that statement. I hate Gephardt more than all the other candidates put together.

At last we agree on something ;)

So, did you go to your caucus? I'm just wondering if the process is really as insane as it looks on TV.

Catfish
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
If Dean doesn't get the nod in the end I guess we can look forward to seeing Kerry's or whoever's banner ad at the end of Ford's posts, thus ending his claim that he doesn't vote only along party lines...

Lincoln
01-19-2004, 11:37 PM
In Ford's signature - banner - Howard Dean for America : YOU Have the Power to take back the Democratic Party

The battle for the party continues.:gun:

Cathedral
01-19-2004, 11:42 PM
If i weren't such a hard core Republican i would actually consider voting for a John Kerry or John Edwards...

Dean is a freakin whacko with unrealistic ideas of what America should be doing. the man has no spine and since defense is a major issue for any President, that alone is what is killing him.
Not to mention his ability to backstep while saying he isn't backstepping, lol.

And can i ask a question?
Why do Democrats even say "God Bless America" when their whole agenda is basically against everything God stands for?

I support killing babies in the womb, God Bless America
I support homosexual lifestyles and gay marriage, God Bless America.
We should just let Iraq alone so it's people can continue to be raped mamed and murdered, God Bless America.

I don't get it, does anyone think they will have any blessings when that dirt nap finally comes calling?
A big plate of judgement is nothing to look forward to...

Flash Bastard
01-19-2004, 11:44 PM
At last we agree on something ;)

So, did you go to your caucus? I'm just wondering if the process is really as insane as it looks on TV.

I don't believe there's a Colorado caucus. I wish there were because I'm interested in the process.

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
If Dean doesn't get the nod in the end I guess we can look forward to seeing Kerry's or whoever's banner ad at the end of Ford's posts, thus ending his claim that he doesn't vote only along party lines...

You'll never see a Kerry ad in my sig file, nor will you ever hear me endorse him. Kerry is a member of Skull & Bones Just like Junior, his daddy, and his Nazi funding grandpa, not to mention scores of others who have associated with the BCE over the years. Kerry also employs PNAC signator Will Marshall as his campaign advisor.

In other words, Kerry has so many ties to the same criminals that Junior does, that he might as well be BCE himself. I can't pretend he's the man to reverse the sickening direction this country has gone in the last 3 years.

Flash Bastard
01-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
If i weren't such a hard core Republican i would actually consider voting for a John Kerry or John Edwards...

Dean is a freakin whacko with unrealistic ideas of what America should be doing. the man has no spine and since defense is a major issue for any President, that alone is what is killing him.
Not to mention his ability to backstep while saying he isn't backstepping, lol.

And can i ask a question?
Why do Democrats even say "God Bless America" when their whole agenda is basically against everything God stands for?

I support killing babies in the womb, God Bless America
I support homosexual lifestyles and gay marriage, God Bless America.
We should just let Iraq alone so it's people can continue to be raped mamed and murdered, God Bless America.

I don't get it, does anyone think they will have any blessings when that dirt nap finally comes calling?
A big plate of judgement is nothing to look forward to...

Amen, brother.

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
I don't believe there's a Colorado caucus. I wish there were because I'm interested in the process.

Sorry dude. I thought you were in Des Moines :confused:

Little Texan
01-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Judas IsKerryot is a Van Hagar fan.... why the fuck doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes: (Using "Right Now" as his campaign song)

At least he don't have Michael Bolton at his campaign rallies like Dick Gephardt. I was flipping through the channels the other night and just happened to see just that on C-SPAN.

FORD
01-19-2004, 11:59 PM
At least he don't have Michael Bolton at his campaign rallies like Dick Gephardt. I was flipping through the channels the other night and just happened to see just that on C-SPAN.

Yeah, that certainly didn't help my feelings told Gephardt. Just to put things in perpective I loathe Michael Bolton even more than I do the BCE :eek:

rustoffa
01-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Add Chuck Berry to the list.......arrrgh.

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Dean claims he's coming to get Ohio, lol... I got news for the old boy, he'll get chewed up and spit right the fuck out in this state.

Bring it on, i'll be attending any public events he comes here to do, and i'll heckle his ass to the end of the earth.
We need a backbone in the Oval Office, not a pussy with twisted ideas of what MY country should be.

You think Bush is dangerous? Elect Howard Dean and prepare to be educated on what "dangerous" really means.

Pink Spider
01-20-2004, 12:58 AM

Just like Resident Shrub in 2000.

That should be enough of a warning sign to anyone.

twonabomber
01-20-2004, 12:59 AM
yeah, Ohio knows about backbone. we re-elected Taft for governor, after all...and he didn't have the backbone to admit how fucked for money the state was until AFTER he got re-elected.

i said "we" but i didn't mean "me." :D

FORD
01-20-2004, 01:25 AM
Dean claims he's coming to get Ohio, lol... I got news for the old boy, he'll get chewed up and spit right the fuck out in this state.

Bring it on, i'll be attending any public events he comes here to do, and i'll heckle his ass to the end of the earth.
We need a backbone in the Oval Office, not a pussy with twisted ideas of what MY country should be.

You think Bush is dangerous? Elect Howard Dean and prepare to be educated on what "dangerous" really means.

Backbone?? Dean may have a fused spine, but he's the only candidate showing any goddamn backbone. People mischaracterize it as "anger" but all the man is doing is telling the fucking truth. And that is the very goddamn definition of backbone. He's not afraid of calling out Junior's insane policies. Kerry & Edwards can't do that because they voted FOR those insane policies. And Clark went to a GOP fundraiser in 2001 and called the PNAC gang "a great team we have in Washington DC. We need them there". Right now I got Bob "security leak" Novak on my TV talking about Clark's Republicanism right now. He can't confront Junior about this. Only Dean can, and only Dean HAS. He's shown more backbone than all the other candidates combined, and far more than George Bush Junior is capable of.

lucky wilbury
01-20-2004, 02:14 AM
i heard if kerry gets the nom nadar will run again

FORD
01-20-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
i heard if kerry gets the nom nadar will run again

fucking wonderful :rolleyes:

guess i better buy a passport then. And a Canadian flag. Just in case.

John Ashcroft
01-20-2004, 08:11 AM
NADER! NADER! NADER! NADER! NADER!

Oh man you guys are quick! I watch the results coming in last night and was laughing my ass off! My wife looked at me like I was nuts!

Imagine that! The press pushing a candidate (and their own agenda) who's not as popular as they said. Man it was classic!

I will say this, Ford is right about Iowa. It's really not an indicator anymore. But the Kerry surprise was definitely not expected (hence the "surprise", I know...). There is one certain thing here. It's the closest primary season in history (I think). The average democrat voter isn't overly impressed with any of the dwarves. Even if Kerry wins the nomination, I don't believe he'll be able to beat Bush. 1st, he's an insider. Senators rarely win the Presidency, and I don't believe a Senator has ever unseated an incumbant (I could be wrong here too, but it's rare if it's happened). 2nd, Kerry's a waffler. The flip-flopping on Iraq will most definitely be a campaign issue for the general election. 3rd, he's an elitest. The richest man in the Senate is not going to connect well with the labor crowd. I'm not saying the hardcores will swing for Bush, but if turnout isn't strong no Dem will win.

And Cat, I look forward to seeing you on TV! Make us proud brotha! Make us proud.

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 09:10 AM
LOL, you bet. I'll get evicted from there in a hurry because i do not like Deans stand on security issues...

Ford, By backbone i was not refering to his bility to scream without being angry. I was refering to his views on military issues and he has no backbone and or "NO Experience" with such matters and to quote Kerry, "Now is not the time for on the job training." How many lives do you think a military mistake could cost? exactly...

You are such a Liberal, lol...........

Being a loudmouth Democrat does not backbone make, sir...

FORD
01-20-2004, 09:28 AM
LOL, you bet. I'll get evicted from there in a hurry because i do not like Deans stand on security issues...

Ford, By backbone i was not refering to his bility to scream without being angry. I was refering to his views on military issues and he has no backbone and or "NO Experience" with such matters and to quote Kerry, "Now is not the time for on the job training." How many lives do you think a military mistake could cost? exactly...

You are such a Liberal, lol...........

Being a loudmouth Democrat does not backbone make, sir...

I guess you have a different definition of backbone than I do. Kerry has absolutely no backbone when it comes to this. He knew Junior's war was wrong and he voted for it anyway. And now he's trying to deny that he was ever in favor of it.

Why is being a military veteran a "requirement" (according to you) for Democrats but NOT for Republicans?

You support the NG wartime deserter Bush Junior. You claim Reagan was a "great president" :rolleyes:

When did he wear a uniform? (and no, movies don't count)

BigBadBrian
01-20-2004, 01:26 PM

Why is being a military veteran a "requirement" (according to you) for Democrats but NOT for Republicans?

I think it should be. And for the record, I voted for McCain in the primaries in 2000.

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I guess you have a different definition of backbone than I do. Kerry has absolutely no backbone when it comes to this. He knew Junior's war was wrong and he voted for it anyway. And now he's trying to deny that he was ever in favor of it.

You support the NG wartime deserter Bush Junior. You claim Reagan was a "great president" :rolleyes:

When did he wear a uniform? (and no, movies don't count)

I never once said anything about any candidate, Dem or Repub, needing to be a war veteran.
It's in their message bro.
if you actually listen to the candidates as opposed to reading about them through spin doctors on the internet, you'd be amazed at the facts you can gather.

Backbone, by my definition is tha bility to do what is right no matter if it is popular or not. Leading by example instead of leading according to polls.
If a President doesn't have the backbone required to act when action is required then he passes the issue on to the next administration. This had to stop and it did the day George W. Bush took office.

We didn't go to war over oil, we went to war to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein and have accomplished that goal. Bush didn't lie to the people (and we all know that) he had bad intel if in fact it was bad. (I think the WMD were moved to Syria)
I have seen zero facts that have supported anything you have accused this administration of since the day Bush won, or was appointed, whichever you choose to believe.

I like the man, he has done an excellent job although he has made some mistakes, we all make them ya know?
every President has made mistakes if you really study history.

The real problem in this country is 100% Partisan Politics, and it needs to stop as well.

Lou
01-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Honestly I think Dean's gonna have a hell of a time in NH too. Yeah it borders VT, but it also borders MA. If he can't get the New England states I don't know what he's gonna get. I figure Edwards will be the most attractive candidate for Southerners, and if IA is any indication, then Dean's not gonna do well in the midwest either. So that leaves the Pacific coast and the Middle Atlantic...it's an uphill battle for Dean and I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits after Super Tuesday, leaving Kerry and Edwards to duke it out.

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Imagine that! The press pushing a candidate (and their own agenda) who's not as popular as they said. Man it was classic!

Gotta agree with John Ashcroft there...I think the main reason that I disliked Dean (notice how I put him in the past tense, because he is D-O-N-E) was because the press annointed him the Dem's golden child. I love Iowa for sticking it to the fucking press...

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah, FORD...whats the "E" stand for in "BCE"?

I am assuming that the "B" is Bush, the "C" is Cheney...but I cant think of who "E" could be...

(correct me if im wrong)

Dr. Love
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Bush Criminal Empire

FORD
01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Gotta agree with John Ashcroft there...I think the main reason that I disliked Dean (notice how I put him in the past tense, because he is D-O-N-E) was because the press annointed him the Dem's golden child. I love Iowa for sticking it to the fucking press...

You sound like those goddamn DLC operatives over at DU. Please tell me you aren't one of those sellouts. They are the Sammy Hagars of the Democratic Party.

Dean's not going away anytime soon. And God help us all if our election "choice" is Skull & Bones and PNAC vs Skull & Bones and PNAC.

John Ashcroft
01-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Now Ford, that was low! You can disagree without regressing to a Spammy comparison...

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:34 PM
You sound like those goddamn DLC operatives over at DU. Please tell me you aren't one of those sellouts. They are the Sammy Hagars of the Democratic Party.

Dean's not going away anytime soon. And God help us all if our election "choice" is Skull & Bones and PNAC vs Skull & Bones and PNAC.

Now FORD, no need to resort to those tactics. And will you stop with all these FUCKING abbreviations! Please try and keep it simple...for simple folk like me. Otherwise I will have to call Fox Mulder and the Grassy Knoll fun-bunch to help me understand what you are talking about.

lucky wilbury
01-20-2004, 10:39 PM
ford have you looked into who and what deans frat is connected too? give it a shot then see if your support for dean still holds.

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Howeird Dean is Corn Holio, he needs TP for his bunghole...

diamondD
01-21-2004, 11:57 PM
ford have you looked into who and what deans frat is connected too? give it a shot then see if your support for dean still holds.

Since I'm sure he won't respond, what's the deal with Dean's frat?

lucky wilbury
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
Since I'm sure he won't respond, what's the deal with Dean's frat?

i'm not going to say anything on it. last thing i need from ford is to say i got bad info and it's a bunch of bullshit.

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Come on, spill it.

Don't forget Dean's connection to AIPAC too. ;)

lucky wilbury
01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
it'll all come out in the press then no one can dispute it.

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 01:09 AM
Double post.

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Well, if it's the corporate press, you can dispute everything they say.

But, I guess I'll just have to find it myself...

lucky wilbury
01-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
Well, if it's the corporate press, you can dispute everything they say.

But, I guess I'll just have to find it myself...

you'll have a hard time since most of it's not out there and the fact that the dean's people have basically spammed the net so anytime you search for "dean" you'll only get his bs pieces. lets put it this way everyone calls bush a partier back in those days but compared to dean bush would be a minor league partier and some of the things that happend with dean and his buddies while drunk will shock you in particular the things with some of the under classman:eek: when that stuff comes out if it does (my guess would be later in the campagin why waste it now) deans supporters will only wish it was a drunk driving arrest.

FORD
01-22-2004, 09:44 AM
you'll have a hard time since most of it's not out there and the fact that the dean's people have basically spammed the net so anytime you search for "dean" you'll only get his bs pieces. lets put it this way everyone calls bush a partier back in those days but compared to dean bush would be a minor league partier and some of the things that happend with dean and his buddies while drunk will shock you in particular the things with some of the under classman:eek: when that stuff comes out if it does (my guess would be later in the campagin why waste it now) deans supporters will only wish it was a drunk driving arrest.

TRANSLATION: Lucky's buddies in Langley haven't created the entire story just yet. They're waiting for Dean to win Super Tuesday before they go to that much trouble

FORD
01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Now FORD, no need to resort to those tactics. And will you stop with all these FUCKING abbreviations! Please try and keep it simple...for simple folk like me. Otherwise I will have to call Fox Mulder and the Grassy Knoll fun-bunch to help me understand what you are talking about.

You have never heard of the DLC? Stands for "Democratic Leadership Council", but that name is entirely misleading. Basically it has become the corporatist Republican wing of the Democratic party. These are the fools who cost us the 1994 and 2002 elections and who are behind all the Bush asskissing that's taken place in Congress in the last three years. Not to mention the sickening negativity this primary has taken in the last 2 months. The DLC is a cancer on the Democratic party, and if a DLC'er gets the nomination - especially Judas IsKerryot (who is connected with both PNAC and Skull & Bones) - we might as well be living in a one party state :(

John Ashcroft
01-22-2004, 03:49 PM
So, if Dean loses the Dem nod and goes Green, he can count on your vote?

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
What makes you think a moderate like Dean could get the Green party nomination? They're an actual liberal party, unlike the Dems.

John Ashcroft
01-22-2004, 04:06 PM
With all the attention? He'll get it if he wants it.

So Ford, what's your final answah?

FORD
01-22-2004, 04:12 PM
I will not vote for anyone who is connected with Skull & Bones or PNAC. Kerry and Lieberman are out, period.

John Ashcroft
01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
So Dean if Green? Or no vote at all?

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 04:17 PM
What about Nader? ;)

BigBadBrian
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
What about Nader? ;)

You and all your Greenies vote for Ralph all you want, babycakes! :D

Pink Spider
01-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Ralph isn't running on the Green ticket this time around. I'm an independent so, why should I care?

With Mr. Heinz and Shrub running, there is no choice as always. Nader definitely has my vote. A vote for Nader is a vote for Nader, not Shrub or anyone else. To assume that all of us would vote Democrat, if we didn't have Nader to vote for, is completely false.

BigBadBrian
01-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Ralph isn't running on the Green ticket this time around. I'm an independent so, why should I care?

With Mr. Heinz and Shrub running, there is no choice as always. Nader definitely has my vote. A vote for Nader is a vote for Nader, not Shrub or anyone else. To assume that all of us would vote Democrat, if we didn't have Nader to vote for, is completely false.

Actually, I agree with you on this.

I don't think Kerry has the Dem Nomination locked up, though.