PDA

View Full Version : Roth going back to Las Vegas

rothisajoke
01-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Roth returns to Las Vegas. MelodicRock.com has the story of DLR returning to Vegas to do show. Yikes.

John Holmes
01-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Dave is a great artist. I am sure that, if the stars aren't against him as happened in 1994, he will be very succesful with this second stint.

All my best wishes to the mighty Diamond Dave.

John Holmes

Polk High
01-20-2004, 12:43 PM
i hope this isn't true

Sarge
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Former Van Halen star David Lee Roth is joining Sheena Easton, Wayne Newton and Celine Dion in landing his own Las Vegas show.

The colorful "Jump" rocker is in negotiations to star in his own X-rated long-term show in Vegas.

The producers of topless revue X are the brains behind the venture.

Spokeswoman Angela Sampras says, "We are creating a whole new show for David. With our creative genius and his talent for comedy, I think we can have yet another hit show."

http://www.1067thedrive.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=251262&pagecontent=musicnewsclassicrock&feed_id=25

Sarge
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Nothing official.
Since this is from a radio station we can chalk this up to "Pure Speculation" until we hear anything real.

Full Bug
01-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I hope he doesnt do this, I was never into the whole Dave Vegas thing.....He can do better, like release a new album with the band he has now, time to go back to kick ass rock n roll.....

Chris Lee
01-20-2004, 03:22 PM
I dont know, I dont think its all that terrible for Roth to head back to Vegas. I like him as a showman. He fits in perfect there. Plus they're talking x-rated so at least he wont have his hands tied like the first swing around. Plus Im sure the cash flow is getting low. So I say any Dave is good Dave for me!
Wasn't he planning on doing something with the guys from Metalica this year? Something about him throwing 1 million of his own money into some project?

TMR
01-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Cool.......Las Vegas!!
X-rated show is DAVE all the way!

Diva Lee Roth
01-20-2004, 03:55 PM
There was also something about this in the Las Vegas Sun.
Dave + Las Vegas = X-rated? Hmmmm....interesting equation!!! I can't wait to see what happens next...;)

Full Bug
01-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Chris Lee

Wasn't he planning on doing something with the guys from Metalica this year? Something about him throwing 1 million of his own money into some project?
God, I hope not, I bet that is some bullshit rumour......

knuckleboner
01-20-2004, 05:28 PM
if it's a hard rock - dave show. great. dave's the party. las vegas is the party.

keep the ticket prices reasonable, not too large an audience capacity.

happy hour's 5-till february and the party's at 7PM thursday thru sunday.

rothisajoke
01-20-2004, 11:14 PM
This will never happen. Roth will never pay for any top notch musicians. Forget about Vai, Sheehan, etc. The same reason Lowery left for Manson and why Dave continues to work with no-names is because Dave pays these guys close to nothing. If this was 1986, I'm sure these guys wouldn't care because of the name recognition but that's gone now and has been gone since Becker.
I can understand why people adore DLR for what he's done over his career (VH/early EEAS days) but the guy just isn't the same persona. Isn't anyone curious that the guy is getting sued or suing someone else for money an awful lot lately? Now this Vegas thing and anything else to make a buck?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him get a real band and go nuts but I just don't see it happening.

Originally posted by Full Bug
I hope he doesnt do this, I was never into the whole Dave Vegas thing.....He can do better, like release a new album with the band he has now, time to go back to kick ass rock n roll.....

alexpgrimes
01-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Maybe he can do a few shows with Wayne Newton or Tom Jones. That would be interesting...lol

Panamark
01-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Dont Ziegfried and Roy need a new cat tamer ??

Full Bug
01-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dont Ziegfried and Roy need a new cat tamer ??
If anyone can tame pussy, its Roth.....:D

Panamark
01-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Dave back in Vegas ? Oh joy oh wonderful. What a beautiful thing. THATS JUST FUCKING GREAT ........

Catfish
01-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Yuck.

Wayne L.
01-21-2004, 07:39 PM
I don't think it's too unusual that Dave is returning to Las Vegas since most of the classic rockers like Aerosmith, the Eagles, KISS & the Stones will be performing there before too long on a regular basis in the next few years anyway.

TMR
01-22-2004, 02:02 AM
I can't believe all the worries are about DLR going back to Vegas.....Remember he came back with Eddie after that and created 2 new songs!!

One Voice
01-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by rothisajoke
Roth returns to Las Vegas. MelodicRock.com has the story of DLR returning to Vegas to do show. Yikes.

If your user name is how you feel, why are you here?

diamondD
01-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I saw the "X" show last September, and it lived up to it's hype of being the hottest show in Vegas. These people could definitely do something that would be worth checking out.

I wonder what he would do with his band tho, if they are part of what the producers have in mind.

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.