PDA

View Full Version : Charvel EVH Art Series

Don Corleone
08-05-2004, 02:28 PM
If you haven't seen these, Charvel are putting into production replica's of Ed's 3 Original guitars. I could be tempted to part with a bit of cash and buy one of these things when they hit the shops

http://www.charvel.com/models/evh/black_white.php

Figs
08-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Well, it certainly would be a bit of cash, about 9K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3738867217

Don Corleone
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Wrong guitars dude. Those are the EVH hand painted jobs. Charvel are putting into mass production replicas of the 3 originals (probably about 1k, shown in my link). Also they will be making 100 replica of the Frankie (retail 3K).

Figs
08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
A cheaper line would be cool. I thought the link looks like the hand painted art series.

Don Corleone
08-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Figs
A cheaper line would be cool.

I agree with you totally, that why I'm considering buying one of the 1K ones (I'm not sure whether I'll go for the Black & White original Frankie, or the Red/Black/White Frankie yet).

The 100 Frankie replica's Charvel are working with Ed on (the 3k ones) will be complete with cavities, the quarter next to the trem, trunk stickers on the back, chips and any dinks on the guitar. In other words as near as danm to the real McCoy.

Figs
08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Those 2 designs are the classics. I'd love to try one out, though I'm shitty when it comes to leads.

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Jeeze, didn't Ed used to have a real problem with people copying him?

Folks, what you are witnessing here is how it looks when a Legend Sells Out.

It's pathetic, I wouldn't trade my home made EVH guitfiddle for a single one of these Charvel rip-offs.

And i love Charvels...I only play Charvels, and yet remain unmoved by this whole scam.

GAR
08-13-2004, 06:16 PM
What SCAM?

These are real VH guitars that Ed is playing at live shows! I don't care if they say ESP or some other shit-name, they are associated with him - he's playing them and then auctioning them, and if people don't get the guitars they win by auction like they paid for THEN you can say it was a "SCAM".

Its uncool, because they're FENDER necks and bodies and not Charvels, but its not a scam I'd say.

GAR
08-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
The 100 Frankie replica's Charvel are working with Ed on (the 3k ones) will be complete with cavities, the quarter next to the trem, trunk stickers on the back, chips and any dinks on the guitar. In other words as near as danm to the real McCoy.

Then they should work with Mick Mars of Motley Crue, because supposedly Ed sold it to HIM. If it's true, then EVH is only giving a reference and an association - forging a new replica of the exact Frankie w/the quarter shouldn't be so hard.

Don Corleone
08-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by GAR
Then they should work with Mick Mars of Motley Crue, because supposedly Ed sold it to HIM.

Whoever told you that is way off the mark mate. The original is still in 5150 gathering dust. I do have it on good authority though that Ed has taken the guitar out on tour (Balance, VH3 and the current sham), but has never taken it out on stage (as of yet).

ZahZoo
08-28-2010, 09:19 AM
It only took 6 years for someone to swing by and clear this debate up... cool...

chefcraig
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
It only took 6 years for someone to swing by and clear this debate up... cool...

Yeah, but the link to getting personalized pencils was well worth the wait.

ZahZoo
08-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but the link to getting personalized pencils was well worth the wait.

I'm holding out for the new iPencil... with the patented stripped EVH D-Tuna Sambitch option enabled in 5G!!!

chefcraig
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm holding out for the new iPencil... with the patented stripped EVH D-Tuna Sambitch option enabled in 5G!!!

Then by all means, contact the "friendly expert sales team" at the 800 number. Operators are standing by! Ask about the deal on eraser-less golf pencils, guaranteed to reduce cheating by 50%.

ZahZoo
08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
The golf pencils only work when combined with Calloway Tree Magnet Pro Series balls...