PDA

View Full Version : Bush Wants to Harm America

knuckleboner
08-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally stated by President Bush:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

heh heh.

of course, this was a misstatement. and we all make 'em. sure, bush isn't the best public speaker out there. but this, of course, was merely a flub.

source: cnn.com (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/bush.ap/index.html)

Thursday, August 5, 2004 Posted: 2:19 PM EDT (1819 GMT)

President Bush makes remarks Thursday at a signing ceremony for the Department of Defense's 2005 Appropriations Act.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted.

The president was working his way toward a larger point. "We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country. We must always be forward-thinking," he said.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush's misstatement "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak."

"But the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it," McClellan said.

JCOOK
08-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Dont' let FORD se this

knuckleboner
08-05-2004, 04:41 PM
see it?! i'm anticipating him memorializing it!:D

FORD
08-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Too Late :D

It's been in my signature since 8:00 this morning.

knuckleboner
08-05-2004, 05:03 PM
well, in true politician fashion, i'll still take credit for it!

BigBadBrian
08-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll bet Dubya can point out a bowl of chili. :gulp:

knuckleboner
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
...and choke on the beans;)

DLR'sCock
08-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Freudian slip eh'???

FORD
08-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I'll bet Dubya can point out a bowl of chili. :gulp:

Don't be too sure. He ain't really from Texas, you know. Kennebuttfuck Maine is further north than Massachussettes.

Sgt Schultz
08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
More proof that Bush really does want to harm America............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/thorphalanx/bush_cheney_ashcroft_kill.gif

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 01:14 PM
shit john kerry,a proclaimed red ox fan, has said the team is doing well with manny ortez (yes he that said like i spelled it or tez instead of ortiz) and david rameriez.

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Don't be too sure. He ain't really from Texas, you know. Kennebuttfuck Maine is further north than Massachussettes.

bush was born in ct but only live their till he was like one and a half. kerry isn't from mass either. he was born in colorado.

knuckleboner
08-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
shit john kerry,a proclaimed red ox fan, has said the team is doing well with manny ortez (yes he that said like i spelled it or tez instead of ortiz) and david rameriez.

where do the "red ox" play? :D

FORD
08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
where do the "red ox" play? :D

Maybe Boston has a farm team in India now. Everything else is being outsourced. Why not baseball?

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 05:56 PM
i bet they'll play better then the red sox

LoungeMachine
08-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Maybe Boston has a farm team in India now. Everything else is being outsourced. Why not baseball?

They suffer to this day from the "curse of the bahgavadita"