PDA

View Full Version : New Bridge?

DLRdelight!
08-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Well i need to get a new bridge for a squire bullet from 84 and i was wonderin what is a decent bridge with a tremolo bar for a decent price

BrownSound1
08-05-2004, 09:41 PM
There is only one decent vibrato bridge and that is the original Floyd Rose. I just really can't think of a better vibrato unit than that one. I guess you could go with a two-stud Fender bridge and some locking tuning machines...but I bet the cost is about the same, if not more than a Floyd.

DLRdelight!
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
How much is the floyd

GAR
08-07-2004, 08:49 PM
35 on ebay

I'd go with a direct replacement, they're made in Korea for Fender now so you'll pay 12 on ebay for the plain-Jane one

I'd go with the seller 16tracks or that guy in florida customshopparts.com, just do an ebay search for word term "fender tremolo" and you'll be happier

DLRdelight!
08-07-2004, 08:59 PM
thanks

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by GAR
35 on ebay

I'd go with a direct replacement, they're made in Korea for Fender now so you'll pay 12 on ebay for the plain-Jane one

I'd go with the seller 16tracks or that guy in florida customshopparts.com, just do an ebay search for word term "fender tremolo" and you'll be happier

Damn, how times have changed, lol.
I sold a Floyd on ebay about 2 years ago and got $110.00 for it.
I paid $80.00 then turned around and sold it for more after i discovered i had to drill new holes, lol.

DLRdelight!
08-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Ha

BrownSound1
08-10-2004, 12:19 AM
After some thought, it might be better to replace the nut with a graphite one. Most of the tuning problems I've ever had are because of the strings getting caught in the nut or on a string tree. I guess it depends on how much whammying your going to do. If you're just going to do subtle vibrato with it then you could keep your existing bridge and get a new nut......but if you're going to go apeshit with it, I still say get a Floyd.

DLRdelight!
08-10-2004, 12:23 AM
thanks for the advice

GAR
08-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
After some thought, it might be better to replace the nut with a graphite one.

BRASS

You put a brass nut on there and have it done right, with the slots and edges finesanded and polished the way it oughta be done so that the strings do not slip when you whammy yer nuts off.

Just a little WD40 on the brass and its good to go: brass is a greasy, porous metal which is WHY ED USED IT - LOOK AT THE OLD B&W PHOTOS