PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter nut on moonshine?

lucky wilbury
08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
as we all know ole Jimmy boy claimed to have seen a ufo and is totally anti bush but can you trust a mant with the mental state to have once seena ufo and claimed to have been attacked by a "killer rabbit"

http://www.newsoftheodd.com/article1021.html

Jimmy Carter Attacked by Killer Rabbit (April 20, 1979)

Today in Odd History, President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabbit during a fishing trip in Plains, Georgia. The rabbit, which may have been fleeing a predator, swam toward his boat, "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared." President Carter was forced to swat at the vicious beast with a canoe paddle, which apparently scared it off.

Upon his return to the White House, Carter told his staff about the furry amphibian's assault. Most of them refused to believe him, insisting that rabbits can't swim (although since most mammals can swim, there's no reason to believe that rabbits cannot), and that even if they could, they certainly wouldn't attack humans, and certainly not presidents. Fortunately, a White House photographer had been on the scene, and had recorded the bizarre attack. The photograph showed Carter with his paddle raised, warding off a small creature which might, or might not, have been a rabbit. One staffer was quoted as saying, "You couldn't tell what it was." Undaunted by their skepticism, Carter had the image enlarged, and there it was--a killer bunny rabbit, apparently bent on assassinating the president.

The story might have ended there, except that White House Press Secretary Jody Powell mentioned the incident to Associated Press reporter Brooks Jackson in August. The Washington Post ran it as front page news. The original photograph was not available (until the Reagan administration leaked it in 1981), but the paper filled the gap with a cartoon modeled on the poster for the movie Jaws, starring the rabbit and entitled Paws. Powell made a belated attempt to impress the public with the seriousness of the attack, calling the creature a "swamp rabbit," but since Carter had to appease his rabbit-loving constituents by insisting that he had not actually smacked his buck-toothed opponent with his paddle, but only splashed water at it to drive it away, it seemed unlikely that he had been in danger. The entire episode became a symbol of Carter's floundering presidency. According to Powell, "[I]t shows the extent to which an insignificant incident can snowball and end up in newspapers and news shows across the country.” Carter biographer Douglas Brinkley says, “It just played up the Carter flake factor.... I mean, he had to deal with Russia and the Ayatollah and here he was supposedly fighting off a rabbit.”

FORD
08-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Goddamned freeper bunny rabbits :mad:

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Iwas attacked by a rabbit flying a ufo

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
I was attacked by a rabbit flying a ufo

FORD
08-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Obviously.... and then they gave you the contents of Sammy Hagar's brain, right?

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Cmon FORD that was low---although i kept hearing the cheesiest song in my head for a week... "Yesterday I saw my lovelight shine......

ELVIS
08-06-2004, 11:44 PM
What the fuck is a lovelight...

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Ask ROY and when you talk to him tell him i said

FUCK YOU ROY!