PDA

View Full Version : Rick James Dead At 56

Thetruthbaby
08-06-2004, 04:00 PM
The radio just came across and said RICK JAMES died at 56 years old. No reason was given and they said the investigation is ongoing. I realize that almost all the people on this board probably have a strong preference for rock n roll (like myself) but I met R James one time in the San Fernando Valley when my band was playing a club and he was really a nice guy. I feel bad for his family. A friend of mine who had his book let me borrow it and it was very honest for the most part and if you think The Dirt is entertaining then you should check out James' book. From what I saw it was a wild read. RIP SUPERFREAK.

JCOOK
08-06-2004, 04:07 PM
A man that has beat more white women than Venus or Serena

He will be missed

Big Troubles
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
A man that has beat more white women than Venus or Serena

He will be missed

There is going to be an overload of cocaine and un-battered women in the United States. James Brown will have to work over-time. ;)

RIP

DLRdelight!
08-06-2004, 04:17 PM
He was a hallav a guy from what i saw of him

RIP

knuckleboner
08-06-2004, 04:19 PM
great musician.

they said it appears to be natural causes.

but my guess is, even if he wasn't on it now, the years of drug abuse didn't help the old ticker.

cocaine is a helluva drug...

distortion9
08-06-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm dead BITCH!

R.I.P.

Ally_Kat
08-06-2004, 05:36 PM
In remembrance (http://streaming.3030radio.com:8080/ramgen/chapelle2-4.ra)

Whole episode. It's in realplayer, though.

Viking
08-06-2004, 08:52 PM
After all those years of drugs, booze, and pussy, I guess Rick just couldn't get his freak on anymore. :D

What the fuck am I talking about?!? :cato:

Switch84
08-08-2004, 03:33 AM
:( :rolleyes: I won't pollute my tribute to the late Rick James with stupid shit about his transgressions (like the rest of you all). I'll pause and reflect on what an impact his music has had on my and countless others' lives, then fire up a fat one in his honor.

Thank you, Rick. I love ya, and I'll miss ya.

"Some people might say I'm infatuated with you. I don't care, 'cause they really don't know! They'll never see or hear the things I'll do to you. So far as I'm concerned they ALL CAN GO TO HELL!!!!"

FYI:Lyrics from a Rick James' party favorite, "YOU AND I".

Big Troubles
08-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:( :rolleyes: I won't pollute my tribute to the late Rick James with stupid shit about his transgressions (like the rest of you all). I'll pause and reflect on what an impact his music has had on my and countless others' lives, then fire up a fat one in his honor.

Thank you, Rick. I love ya, and I'll miss ya.

"Some people might say I'm infatuated with you. I don't care, 'cause they really don't know! They'll never see or hear the things I'll do to you. So far as I'm concerned they ALL CAN GO TO HELL!!!!"

FYI:Lyrics from a Rick James' party favorite, "YOU AND I".

Must've missed that one. Was it EVER on the radio? Perhaps the top 100? :D

pete
08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
God Bless Rick James....Bitch!

Fabulous Shadow
08-11-2004, 02:45 PM
OMG? WOW...

That superfreaky....

Keeyth
08-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Bang BANG! Cocaine is a helluva drug!
R.I.P.

DeadOrAlive
08-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Wonder what Dave Chapelle will do now...

Cathedral
08-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Although i was not a fan of how he lived and treated some people, His passing is sad and he was a hell of a performer.

Sleep Well, Rick..................