PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame, anti-depressants and Bush

Pink Spider
08-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Aspartame, anti-depressants and Bush

http://www.onlinejournal.com/Spe...rts/080604Mazza/080604mazza.html

By Jerry Mazza

"When divine power plans evil for a man, it first injures his mind."—Sophocles

August 6, 2004—First we have Dr. Justin Frank, the prominent Washington psychiatrist and author of the book, Bush on the Couch, Inside the Mind of the President, characterizing George W. Bush as suffering from "character pathology," including "grandiosity" and "megalomania," seeing himself, America and God as interchangeable, a truly unholy trinity. Now we have an article by Dr. Betty Martini, Political Sanity vs. Neurotoxins: U.S. President [sic] Being Given Powerful Anti-depressants which Interact with Aspartame, published in U.N. Observer & International Report.

As Dr. Martini tells us, "The first correspondence I had with President [sic] George Bush was when he was Governor of Texas. He was about to sign into law the Dietetics Practice Act. At the time, Monsanto owned NutraSweet and I explained that the dieticians were Monsanto's media hacks and that his law granted them a monopoly, which is against most state constitutions. (They passed it anyway). I sent him a packet about aspartame, showing him that it is a deadly chemical poison and the dietitians push it and defend the manufacturer. He wrote back that he disagreed—and he also got hooked on Diet Coke."

It should be noted that Dr. Martini, while not a physician, has worked in medicine for 22 years. She's best known as the founder of Mission Possible International, which works with doctors worldwide to remove aspartame from food, drinks and medicine. Dr. Martini reports that 75 percent of all the complaints to the Food and Drug Administration are about the ill effects of aspartame.

Concerning George Bush, Dr. Martini notes, "So far, the president [sic] has exhibited memory loss to such an extent that the Atlanta Journal Constitution published that he appeared to need to be coached for each word." She refers to that scene at the end of Fahrenheit 911, in which Bush attempts to quote an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." As Dr. Martini points out, "he couldn't remember the end of it, so after saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you, he looked around and thought and then said, 'Won't get fooled again.' You could see he couldn't remember." Dr. Martini points out that Bush "has also had a blackout which is notorious of aspartame and he complained of joint pain. Aspartame hardens the synovial fluids and causes agonizing joint pain."

This seems like a case of cruel but ironic justice, Bush signing a bill for a drug that puts him in danger. But the danger goes far beyond Bush's mental and physical health. As Dr. Martini says, "The phenylalanine in aspartame at 50 percent is neurotoxic and goes directly into the brain." That is, anybody's brain who uses it: men, women or children. "It lowers the seizure threshold and depletes serotonin," she adds, "and when you lower serotonin, it triggers paranoia, manic depression or bi-polar brain disorder, hallucinations, mood swings and suicidal tendencies. It also interacts with all anti-depressants and you can get a double whammy with some of these psycho drugs."

In fact, the side effects of depression, paranoia, mood swings were also noted in the article Sullen, Depressed President Retreats into Private, Paranoid World," by Capitol Hill Blue Editor Theresa Hampton and William D. McTavish, a follow-up to Hamtpon's article, Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior. All in all, this doesn't add up to a comforting picture of the most powerful individual on earth, George W. Bush.

Only a few White House intimates, such as Karl Rove or Karen Hughes get to speak with Bush; of cabinet members, the truly scary John Ashcroft, fellow born-again, is the leading shoulder to lean on. Can't you see them all sitting around a conference table drinking Diet Coke and forgetting what the agenda was? Perhaps that's why we lost most of our civil rights with the USA PATRIOT Act. They forgot there was a Bill of Rights. Certainly it seems so in regard to not funding the $26 billion "No Child Left Behind Act," or Bush's campaign promise not to engage in "nation building," switching once he seized office, as if to Diet Pepsi, to the hegemony of a "A New World Order." There are so many forgotten promises: to cut taxes for working families, but the wealthiest ended up with the lion's share of the current, budget-busting cuts. And there was the announcement that the war in Iraq was over on May 1, 2003, though the death toll keeps rising as the fighting rages on with no end in sight.

Perhaps the forgetting, the paranoia, the mood swings, the depression, are infectious, above and beyond the aspartame or anti-depressants. Perhaps that's the double whammy Dr. Martini was referring to. After all, there we have the paragon of propriety, Dick Cheney, hurling an expletive at a senator who challenged his no-bid Iraq contracts to Halliburton, of which he was, and in a way, seems to continue to be, CEO, or OOC (out of control). What's more, if we have Ashcroft forgetting the entire Bill of Rights, what about W forgetting the separation of church and state embodied in the First Amendment.

In fact, we have an administration so paranoid it has given the least number of press conferences in the history of television. And we have a president [sic] whose first impulse was to reject a formal investigation into 9/11. Not that the 9/11 whitewash has produced any great revelations. That said, let's return to Dr. Martini, aspartame, and another Bush stalwart, Donald Rumsfeld, and their impact on us all.

Aspartame and Donald Rumsfeld

As reported on NewswithViews.com, May 9, 2004, "aspartame is a drug, not just an additive, found in diet soft drinks and over 5,000 foods, drugs and medicine. According to top doctors and researchers, aspartame causes headache, memory loss, seizures, vision loss, coma and cancer. It worsens or mimics the symptoms of such diseases and conditions as fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, ADD, diabetes, Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue and depression." Relevant Bush and millions of other drinkers and ex-drinkers, "Further dangers highlighted are that aspartame liberates free methyl alcohol. The resulting chronic methanol poisoning affects the dopamine system of the brain causing addiction."

Curiously, in George W. Bush's "Summary of Medical History August 4th, 2001," when he was 55 years, old, the physician, Dr. Kenneth Cooper notes in the President's [sic] Social History:

"Tobacco: An occasional cigar.

"Alcohol: None.

"Caffeine: Diet sodas and coffee."

The abundant use of diet drinks can function as a kind of replacement addiction, with some of the equally dangerous side effects mentioned earlier. Now if aspartame is so dangerous, how did it ever go public? That's a matter of profit and Republican politics.

Aspartame was discovered in 1965, bringing with it a raging debate over the sugar substitute's health risks. From lab testing on rats, it was learned the drug induced brain tumors. On Sept. 30, 1980, the FDA Board of Inquiry agreed and denied the petition for approval. In 1981, as the Reagan era cranked up, Arthur Hull Hayes, the new FDA Commissioner ignored the ruling and approved aspartame for dry goods. As noted in the 1985 Congressional Record, then CEO of Searle Laboratories, Donald Rumsfeld, said that he would "call in his markers" to get the drug approved. Rummy was then on President Reagan's transition team. A day after he took office, he appointed Hayes.

As Dr. Martini tells us, "When Donald Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle, that conglomerate manufactured aspartame. For 16 years the FDA refused to approve it, not only because it's not safe, but also because they wanted the company indicted for fraud. Both U.S. prosecutors hired on with the defense team and the statue of limitations expired. They were Sam Skinner and William Conlon. Skinner went on to become Secretary of Transportation, squelching the cries of the pilots who were having seizures on this seizure-triggering drug, aspartame, and then Chief of Staff under President [sic] Bush's father . . . Even Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is a former Monsanto attorney. (Monsanto bought Searle in 1985, and sold it a few years ago). When Ashcroft became attorney general, Thompson from King and Spalding Attorneys (another former Monsanto attorney) became deputy under Ashcroft (attorneys for Nutra Sweet and Coke).

"However, the FDA still refused to allow Nutra Sweet on the market . . . It interacts with all antidepressants, L-dopa, Coumadin, hormones, insulin, all cardiac medication, and many others. It also is a chemical hyper sensitization drug so that it interacts with vaccines, other toxins, other unsafe sweeteners like Splenda, which has a chlorinated base like DDT and cause autoimmune disease. . . . Despite the fact that the FDA has known this for a quarter of a century and done nothing even though it's against the law . . . Searle went on to build a Nutra Sweet factory and had $9 million worth of inventory."

Rumsfeld, as Dr. Martini pointed out, was on Reagan's transition team. And the day after Reagan took office, he selected FDA Commissioner Arthur Hayes to approve aspartame. Despite the FDA setting up a Board of Inquiry of top scientists, who pointed out the drug's dangers and revoked the approval, Hayes overruled the board and then went to work for the manufacturer's PR agency, Burson-Marstellar. He's never spoken to the press since.

Despite three congressional hearings, a general outcry of "poison," Senator Orrin Hatch, also paid by Monsanto, made sure that Senator Howard Metzenbaum's bill, calling for independent studies of aspartame's toxic effects, never got out of committee. The bill, S. 1557, also would have put a moratorium on the drug. The further studies of its effects on the population would have looked at interaction with drugs, seizures, fetus health, and even behavioral problems in children, due to the depletion of serotonin caused by the phenylalanine in aspartame.

According to an April 26 news release from the National Justice League, lawsuits were filed in three California courts against a dozen companies that produce or use aspartame as a sugar substitute in their products. The companies included Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Bayer Corp., the Dannon Company, William Wrigley Jr. Company, Wal-Mart, ConAgra Foods, Wyeth, Inc., The NutraSweet Company, and Altria Corp. (parent company of Kraft Food and Phillip Morris).

Dr. Martini recommends that consumers read all labels on any food, medicine or drinks they intend to consume. That might be great advice for a president [sic] struggling to maintain his own clarity if not his office. One wishes those who voted for Bush had read his label, to find out just how deadly he could be, and will be, if elected this time.

Jerry Mazza is a free-lance writer who resides in New York City. He can be reached at gvmaz@verizon.net

Big Train
08-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Opinions are like assholes...and this guy sounds like one. Back to medical school junior...

Pink Spider
08-07-2004, 12:54 AM
I guess your sheep mentality must be hurt when someone criticizes the fuehrer. But, that's OK. I have some anti-Kerry articles I'll be posting later that you can "baaaaah" to.

:)

FORD
08-07-2004, 02:04 AM
NutraSweet is bad shit. I can testify to that from personal experience. I've also known a couple people who drink Diet Coke like it was water and they're borderline psychotics. Not surprising to hear that Junior does that also. He was probably better off getting his coke from a mirror than from a diet can.

I'm a little disturbed to see that they claim Splenda's bad too though :(

Big Train
08-07-2004, 02:17 AM
It's fine to criticize the president, I'm cool with it. Just come out with your politics straight and leave your bullshit medical angles alone.

Sorry for being a sheep, goat fucker..

Pink Spider
08-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Big Train, I'm not even wasting my time with you, unless you have anything worthwhile to say.

Bush's anti-depressant use is documented. Put up evidence to the contrary or shut up.

Originally posted by FORD
NutraSweet is bad shit. I can testify to that from personal experience. I've also known a couple people who drink Diet Coke like it was water and they're borderline psychotics. Not surprising to hear that Junior does that also. He was probably better off getting his coke from a mirror than from a diet can.

I used to get bad headaches from drinking anything that had aspartame in it and I believe that there used to be warning labels on some aspartame products of a cancer risk. Not sure if they still put those on there.

Big Train
08-07-2004, 03:41 AM
Dont waste your time with me, that makes me feel better, cause who wants to deal with you?

You totally miss my point. The man has the best medical team in the world, do you REALLY think they are just gonna let him be wacked out? If you say yes, your a moron.

This is thinly veiled venom at the president by the author, which is fine. Just have the nuts to be straight forward about it, thats all I'm saying.

Sorry to waste your time, righteous one.....

Phil theStalker
08-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Little Bushie just has t2o stop drinking all of that Diet Dr. Pepper and he'll be fine.. t2o terrorize again.

Pink Spider
08-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
You totally miss my point. The man has the best medical team in the world, do you REALLY think they are just gonna let him be wacked out? If you say yes, your a moron.

Medical science hasn't gone far enough yet to prevent that.

Just have the nuts to be straight forward about it, thats all I'm saying.

I'm no Ann Coulter. You should talk to Ashcroft if you're into that kind of stuff. ;)

Sorry to waste your time, righteous one.....

Apology accepted. :D

ELVIS
08-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Total bullshit!

As a nurse, I an constantly keeping up with drug/food interactions, and aspartame, as far as I know, has never been listed on any manufacturer's literature, or on any drug interaction report.

Unless you have the genetic disorder called phenylketonuria, aspartame is safe...

For those with this super-rare disorder, the product is labeled accordingly...

It does not cause cancer, and has never been labeled as such, as Pink suggested...

:elvis:

Sgt Schultz
08-07-2004, 09:05 AM
The article is mostly BS, and these few quotes should be red flags to any reader;

“Perhaps that's why we lost most of our civil rights with the USA PATRIOT Act.”

“It should be noted that Dr. Martini, while not a physician, has worked in medicine for 22 years.”

“Halliburton, of which he [Cheney] was, and in a way, seems to continue to be, CEO”

The overwhelming body of scientific evidence clearly demonstrates that aspartame, even in amounts many times what people typically consume, is safe and not associated with adverse health effects. However, over the years, some consumers have reported symptoms, which they believed were associated with aspartame. The FDA has investigated these allegations and concluded that there is no "reasonable evidence of possible public health harm" and "no consistent or unique patterns of symptoms reported with respect to aspartame that can be causally linked to its use." In 1984, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reviewed 517 of these anecdotal reports and stated, "the majority of frequently reported symptoms were mild and are symptoms that are common in the general populace" and that “focused” clinical studies would be the best way to evaluate these complaints.

As a result, numerous scientific studies “focused” on the allegations were conducted by expert researchers at major academic institutions. The results of these studies overwhelmingly demonstrated that aspartame is not associated with adverse health effects, including headaches, seizures, changes in mood, cognition, or behavior, or allergic reactions.

Despite the overwhelming documentation of aspartame’s safety, unfounded allegations that aspartame is associated with a myriad of ailments, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and lupus, have continued to be spread via the Internet and the media by a few individuals who have no documented scientific or medical expertise. Recently, several governments and expert scientific committees (including the Scientific Committee on Food of the European Commission, the United Kingdom’s Food Standards Agency, the French Food Safety Agency and Health Canada) carefully evaluated the Internet allegations and found them to be false, reconfirming the safety of aspartame. In addition, leading health authorities, such as the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, The National Parkinson Foundation, Inc., the Alzheimer’s Association, and the Lupus Foundation of America, have reviewed the claims on the Internet and also concluded that they are false.

FORD
08-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Who do these "expert scientific committees" represent though? It sounds as though they may be funded by the corporations who are making money from the sale of aspartame, which would make their results a little questionable.

Remember, the tobacco industry funded scientists say that cigarettes are completely safe too.

FORD
08-07-2004, 09:25 AM
http://aspartamekills.com/images/bcswirl.gif

FORD
08-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Gulf War Veteran Resource Pages
Document Detail

Operation Mission Impossible
Author: Not Specified
Publication: Not Specified
Document Dated: Not Specified
Date Posted: December 11, 1996

Editor's Note: Aspartame Consumer Safety Network, Worldwide Pilot Hotline, and Operation Mission Impossible are three worldwide organizations warning the world about Aspartame poisoning.

Of the 697,000 who served in the Gulf War 43,000 have Desert Storm Syndrome. Reported ailments included:

Memory Loss Muscle pain
Respiratory and heart problems Headaches
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Equilibrium problems
Joint aches Insomnia
Confusion Vision loss
Depression Birth Defects

In September, 1995 SIXTY MINUTES did an expose on the syndrome and identified another symptom of the "burning tongue"! The Chronic Fatigue and Immunologic Disease Syndrome Network says 6000 perished!

A soldier now retired in Huntsville, Alabama called with his story. He said he suffered terribly with loss of memory, headaches and chronic fatigue. I asked if he used NutraSweet and he said: "The soda pop companies sent free diet drinks to the Gulf because of a scarcity of water, so we drank diet drinks all day long."

He said the diet drinks sat on pallets for up to 8 weeks in 120 degree Arabian sun. I said: "Think of which ones drank the diet soda and which ones drank water, and tell me which ones have the syndrome." He replied with little hesitation: "As I recall, now that you mention it, the ones who are sick are the ones I remember drinking the diet soda."

Aspartame, sold as NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful, etc. is a chemical poison. It is a molecule composed of three components: aspartic acid, phenylalanine and a methyl ester that converts to methanol, wood alcohol, a severe metabolic poison. In your body the wood alcohol converts to formaldehyde and then formic acid (ant sting poison). The phenylalanine breaks down into DKP, a brain tumor agent. There are 92 documented symptoms but here are some of the most common

Symptom Caused By:

Memory loss and confusion - Neurotoxic amino acids passing blood brain barrier and deteriorating neurons of the brain

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome -Methanol breaks down immune system

Joint pain - Methanol and other components

Equilibrium problems - Methanol toxicity

Heart and respiratory symptoms (tachycardia, shortness of breath, unexplained hypertension) Aspartame affects certain neurotransmitters that influence the brain's respiratory center. Methanol also effects the heart. Problems caused by multiple components.

Anxiety attacks, manic depression, suicidal tendencies, violence, etc. - The phenylalanine in aspartame breaks down the seizure threshold of the brain and blocks serotonin production. Researchers attribute low serotonin to manic depression, panic attacks, etc.

Insomnia - Phenylalanine (also causes hallucinations)

Vertigo, numbness, tinnitus - Methanol toxicity (Mimics MS)

Birth Defects (Dr. Louis Elsas (Emory University Professor of Pediatrics) at a hearing before U.S. Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources, examining NutraSweet and safety concerns 11/3/87) "I have spent 25 years in biomedical sciences, trying to prevent mental retardation and birth defects caused by excessive phenylalanine. And therein lies my basic concern that aspartame is in fact a well known neurotoxin and teratogen causes birth defects) which in some as yet unidentified dose will both reversibly in adult and irreversibly in developing child or fetal brain produce adverse effects." Dr. H. J. Roberts says he is concerned about birth defects "because of histories of reports given me about severe problems in the fetus or in fant of parents (including fathers) who consumed much aspartame at the time of conception and/or during pregnancy. Several animal studies support such concern."

A lady on Internet complained about a "burning sensation in her mouth". She called the Pepsi Co and they said it was due to the sweetness breaking down. They sent her a free case. It is methanol that gives the drink sweetness and when it breaks down to formaldehyde it burns your tongue and is bitter. (Lady is Brandi Jasmine)

At 86 degrees aspartame liberates methanol in the can. The soldiers drank a toxic cocktail!

The common symptoms of aspartame toxicity are headaches, memory loss, confusion and disequilibrium. These are principle symptoms of Desert Storm Syndrome. To our great good fortune a world famous physician and researcher has been investigating this syndrome for more than a decade and published two books and many clinical reports on the subject. He is H. J. Roberts, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.C.C.P., once distinguished as the most outstanding doctor in the United States. Roberts reports that when aspartame was approved his patients, particularly diabetics, increasingly presented with memory loss and confusion. He explains that the amino acids in aspartame, aspartic acid and phenylalanine are neurotoxic as isolates, unaccompanied by other amino acids normally present in our foods. As isolates they penetrate the blood brain barrier, attack and destroy the neurons (brain cells) and produce multifold neuropsychiatric complications including depression, brain tumors, Alzheimers, seizures and a long list of other disabilities. Dr. Roberts has named this collection of pathogenic responses ASPARTAME DISEASE. Considering the thousands of reports of these identical symptoms from veterans of the Gulf War the question is: Is DESERT STORM SYNDROME simply another name for ASPARTAME DISEASE?

To exacerbate this chemotoxic assault on the wellbeing of the Desert Storm troops they received multiple vaccine injections which consistently invoke immunological reactions in a percentage of the injectees. Such a deadly bouquet when combined with a daily liter(s) of NutraPoisoned diet drinks!

Betty Martini, Operation Mission Possible

Mission Possible is a volunteer force in 50 states distributing a warning flyer worldwide on aspartame. We are dedicated to the proposition that we won't be satisfied until death and disability are no longer considered an acceptable cost of business.

We welcome more volunteers to distribute this worldwide alert and pass the torch of knowledge. We look forward to the day we will be able to hold up this torch to the world and say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Those wanting more information on Aspartame can email me for instructions to the auto-responder where you can access our warning flyer and other information to print out, plus other posts on other subjects.

Betty Martini
betty@pd.org

Link: NOT a "liberal conspiracy" source (http://www.gulfweb.org/doc_show.cfm?ID=28)

Pink Spider
08-07-2004, 10:04 AM
A lot of conflcts of interest here...

The Deadly Deception of Aspartame by the FDA and Searle

http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/deadly_deception.htm

"The Deadly Deception" cites chapter and verse of the coverup by Searle and the FDA. Here are some highlights from the book "The Deadly Deception":

1969 - Dr. Harry Waisman fed ASP mixed with milk to monkeys. One died after 300 days of ASP and five others had grand mal seizures. Searle deleted this negative study when the company submitted safety evidence to the FDA.

1970 - The FDA banned cyclamate during the time that the safety of saccharin was being questioned. The time seemed ripe for ASP.

1971 - Dr. John Olney, a research psychiatrist, told Searle that aspartic acid caused "holes in the brains of mice."

1974 - Searle people said these studies raised "no health problems." Searle told the FDA about these findings after approval was granted.

1975 - Many of the test animals fed ASP developed large TUMORS. These were NOT reported to the FDA.

1977 - Despite the many complaints about ASP, William Conlon and Thomas Sullivan, the US attorneys, took no action, in five years the statute of limitations for a grand jury investigation expired. A year later Conlon took a position with the law firm that represents Searle. (U.S. Attorney, Samuel Skinner did the same and ended up Chief of Staff in Bush's White House. ed.)

1980 - A Public Board of Inquiry of three scientists was activated. These (2 MDs and one PhD) voted to ban ASP. Because of those negative findings a five member Commissioner's Team of Scientists was impaneled: Three said ban; two said it was safe. Another member was added. You guessed it: deadlock. Dr. Jacqueline Verrett, PhD, toxicologist on the team said, "Bureau officials were working up to a whitewash. Safety questions remain unanswered."

1981 - Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr. was appointed the new FDA Commissioner and overuled the Public Board of Inquiry's recommended ban of ASP. He said his approval was part of the Reagan administration's new reform! Throughout the 1980's Searle has pointed out that the best evidence of ASP's safety was the fact that it had been approved in more than 60 countries. But these foreign approvals had been based on these controversial test, and the questionable approval of the FDA. It was approved as a "food additive," and hence, exempt from continued safety monitoring. (Searle is not obligated to monitor any adverse reactions.)

1983 - THE NATIONAL SOFT DRINK ASSOCIATION wrote to the FDA that ASP was breaking down in warm climates. But the Association later accepted ASP. Dr. Hayes office approved the use of ASP in soft drinks just two months before he quit his job as FDA chief. He then obtained a job with a public relations firm who represents NutraSweet.

1984 - Seven million pounds of NutraSweet are swallowed by about 100,000 people.

1985 - Reports of side-effects mount.

1987 - ACSN is founded by Mary Nash Stoddard and consumer advocate, James Turner. They believe ASP should be recalled and retested as a drug.

(Also, former US Atty. prosecuting G.D. Searle for falsifying original tests, recused himself at the last minute, taking a position with Sidley & Austin, Searle's lawfirm. He was later appointed head of the Dept. of Transportation, over the FAA, and then moved into position of Chief of Staff in Bush's White House. Skinner was honored by the Epilepsy Foundation in Chicago as their man-of-the-year. Former MONSANTO ATTORNEY, JUDGE CLARENCE THOMAS was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court, amidst swirling controversy. Ed.)

ELVIS
08-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Too much of anything will kill you...

FORD
08-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Clarence Uncle Thomas worked for Monsanto?? Now that is interesting.

But hardly surprising in the incestuous world of the Bush Criminal Empire :mad:

Sgt Schultz
08-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Not a liberal conspiracy source? Hmmm….

“We look forward to the day we will be able to hold up this torch to the world and say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!”

“Author: Not Specified
Publication: Not Specified
Document Dated: Not Specified”

Right. Any source using that phrase is obviously anti-Bush. They could at least attempt to LOOK objective but they just couldn’t help themselves.

“1971 - Dr. John Olney, a research psychiatrist, told Searle that aspartic acid caused "holes in the brains of mice." [etc etc]

And how MUCH aspartame were these mice given? Remember the Saccharin (sp?) scare? People realized after many years that studies that showed ill affects were due to MASSIVE quantities of Saccharin. ANY substance, given in enough quantity, can induce severe adverse health effects – even death. Water is one example.

Desert Storm Vets who drank soda that sat out in the sun showed these ill effects.
Memory loss and confusion
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Joint pain
Equilibrium problems
Heart and respiratory symptoms
Anxiety attacks, manic depression, suicidal tendencies, violence, etc.
Insomnia - Phenylalanine (also causes hallucinations)
Vertigo, numbness, tinnitus

This proves nothing. It is akin to going door to door and asking questions like “Do you have headaches? Are you sometimes tired? Do you sometimes forget things?”
“Why..YES, I have experienced those things!”
“Have you ingested [insert evil corporate chemical here] in the last 30 days?”
“Yes I have! Oh no..!!”

Sgt Schultz
08-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Clarence Uncle Thomas worked for Monsanto?? Now that is interesting.

But hardly surprising in the incestuous world of the Bush Criminal Empire :mad:

Uncle Tom huh? What happened to these forums not allowing rascist comments?

ELVIS
08-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Taken from health expert Phil Kaplan.com

In case you don't recognize the name, Aspartame, there's no doubt you'll notice its commercial presence under the names of Equal and Nutrasweet. I've written about Aspartame in response to several questions asked over the last year, so I'll keep it brief here. While many have heard that aspartame causes everything from headaches to seizures, and most health food stores avoid products sweetened with aspartame, aspartame is composed of two amino acids found in any health food store, Aspartic Acid and Phenylalanine. There is a condition known as phenylketonuria (PKU), a congenital condition that makes it impossible for the body to metabolize phenylalanine. If an individual with PKU ingests aspartame, or pure phenylalanine for that matter, they do run serious risks. Toxic compounds accumulate in the body and lead to nerve damage and, in some cases, severe brain damage.

It appears that since aspartame has become such a threat to sugar sales, and the sugar lobby is so powerful in the U.S., the risks present in individuals with phenylketonuria have been used to steer the public away from aspartame use. The supposed research evidence that anti-aspartame groups usually quote is sketchy at best, the propaganda is presented in hyped up scare language, and while I don't encourage constant use of aspartame, my experience has never led me to anyone who suffered any of those dreadful side effects we hear about. It leads me to the opinion that, if it helps you enjoy a cola or diet soda one in awhile, and you strive to avoid sugar, aspartame, to my satisfaction, has proven OK.

The pressures the sugar lobby placed on the FDA throughout the 80's, 90's, and going into the next millennium did not cause the turnover of aspartame approval. That's likely why there is so much underground disparaging of aspartame attempting to "scare the masses" one person at a time. Some of that underground literature suggests that the amounts used in testing was negligible when compared with actual use. After several court visits, hearings, and reviews, the FDA reviewed data including clinical studies in which humans who received single doses of aspartame up to 200 mg/kg of body weight -- equal to consuming 70 cans of aspartame-sweetened soft drink in one sitting -- showed no ill effects whatsoever.

lucky wilbury
08-07-2004, 01:08 PM
i'm shocked to see ford call NutraSweet "bad shit" and not link it to some pnac plan. after all one of his favorite people was chairman of the board and helped get that stuff legalize. i'm also surprised to see ford say:

" I've also known a couple people who drink Diet Coke like it was water and they're borderline psychotics."

isn't john edwards the one who drinks diet coke like water? are you saying edwards is nuts

conmee
08-07-2004, 07:52 PM
http://aspartamekills.com/images/bcswirl.gif

rotflmao... for some reason, that made me laugh my ass off... funniest thing I've seen in weeks.... seriously... hahha

Icon.

FORD
08-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
i'm shocked to see ford call NutraSweet "bad shit" and not link it to some pnac plan. after all one of his favorite people was chairman of the board and helped get that stuff legalize. i'm also surprised to see ford say:

" I've also known a couple people who drink Diet Coke like it was water and they're borderline psychotics."

isn't john edwards the one who drinks diet coke like water? are you saying edwards is nuts

I'm saying if Edwards does, then he should stop before it does effect his mind.

Perhaps he should stick to a product produced in his own state.....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/cwine_1742_414690
Man, if you like Cheerwine but don't like calories, you'll love Diet Cheerwine. Yep, the same wacky, cherrilicious taste of Cheerwine with only one calorie. We've sweetened it with sucralose to be aspartame free. It's diet heaven, if there is such a thing.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not from the South, so I haven't tried this product. Can't get it here unfortunately. But the fact that there's no Nutra-Poison is a good sign.

As for Rummy, I don't trust one thing that inhumane fascist bastard says or does.

ELVIS
08-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Nutra-Poison...:rolleyes:

Name one human being you do trust...

Pink Spider
08-08-2004, 09:06 AM
I just found this out this morning completely by accident while trying to check and see if Edwards has any connections to Coca-Cola and indeed he did.

But, guess who has money invested in Monsanto/NutraSweet?

John Kerry. (http://www.benfrank.net/nuke/dk/expose_the_posers.html)

Unbelievable.

freak
08-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Nutrasweet was obviously invented to power the RFID chips that are being planted in our skins.

Think you don't have one?

All it takes is going in for a simple check-up or a dental appointment.

So, y'all better be careful of how you vote this year.

The BCE knows who and where you are.

:rolleyes:

Pink Spider
08-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Who needs to implant them when they can just chip all of the bank notes like they're trying to do in Europe? (http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20011219S0016)

FORD
08-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by freak
Nutrasweet was obviously invented to power the RFID chips that are being planted in our skins.

Think you don't have one?

All it takes is going in for a simple check-up or a dental appointment.

So, y'all better be careful of how you vote this year.

The BCE knows who and where you are.

:rolleyes:

Just remember who makes the RFID chips......
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/april2004/pp070404carlyleswas.jpg
None other than the corporate division of the BCE itself. And the shape of the thing reminds you of what their true agenda has been since the 1930's.......

SIEG OIL!!!

ELVIS
08-08-2004, 10:20 AM
..and you actually believe this bullshit...

FORD
08-08-2004, 10:58 AM
What bullshit?

Carlye makes the chips and they're shaped like swastikas. Are you going to deny that's true?

ELVIS
08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
What bullshit?

Carlye makes the chips and they're shaped like swastikas. Are you going to deny that's true?

No, but it ends right there...

No conspiracy...

Get some fresh air...

Look around...

Life is ok...

freak
08-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Just remember who makes the RFID chips......
http://www.prisonplnet.com/images/april2004/pp070404carlyleswas.jpg

I hate to break this to you, Ford, but that is *not* a Nazi swastika.

The Nazi one had the legs reveresed. What you are looking at is a bit of symbolism used by Native Americans as a good luck totem. It's even been used by ancient Mesopotamians. It also appears in Hindi and Scandinavian cultures.

BTW, what is this liberal facination with Naziism?

FORD
08-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I hate to break this to you, Ford, but that is *not* a Nazi swastika.

The Nazi one had the legs reveresed. What you are looking at is a bit of symbolism used by Native Americans as a good luck totem. It's even been used by ancient Mesopotamians. It also appears in Hindi and Scandinavian cultures.

BTW, what is this liberal facination with Naziism?

The BCE was created from profits Grandpa Prescott made from the Third Reich. Therefore, with the Swastika shaped RFID tags, unveiled during the BCE/PNAC push for global fascist empire, the history of those who funded the original Nazis comes full circle.

As to what direction the swastikas facing, or what the symbol meant to Native Americans, Hindus, or any other culture, that maybe historically accurate, but it no longer matters, as far as the public perception of the swastika.

You ask the average person on the street what a swastika means, and their response won't be "good luck". It will be something to do with Hitler, fascism, concentration camps, killing 6 million Jews, etc.

Just as the number "911" no longer means the telephone emergency number in many peoples' minds.

lucky wilbury
08-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm saying if Edwards does, then he should stop before it does effect his mind.

Perhaps he should stick to a product produced in his own state.....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/cwine_1742_414690
Man, if you like Cheerwine but don't like calories, you'll love Diet Cheerwine. Yep, the same wacky, cherrilicious taste of Cheerwine with only one calorie. We've sweetened it with sucralose to be aspartame free. It's diet heaven, if there is such a thing.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not from the South, so I haven't tried this product. Can't get it here unfortunately. But the fact that there's no Nutra-Poison is a good sign.

As for Rummy, I don't trust one thing that inhumane fascist bastard says or does.

from a thread from earlier this year:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7572&highlight=diet

TIME MAG INVESTIGATION REVEALS: EDWARDS LOVES 'DIET COKE'

The nation's top magazine leads the journalism pack on Monday with an in-depth investigation on the background of Dem VP pick John Edwards.

TIME magazine's Karen Tumulty has learned: John Edwards drinks Diet Coke -- a lot of Diet Coke!

TIME unearths: "The North Carolinian who would be a caffeine-and-sodium-buzzed heartbeat away from the presidency subsequently admitted that 'on a good day' he has been known to open four before noon, at which point Kerry pronounced himself stunned, seized the can from Edwards and started reading the nutrition label aloud. 'Sodium, 2%. Protein, John, zero,' he called as Edwards scrambled for the door. As for himself, Kerry owned up: 'When I drink Coke, I have to drink the real thing, because of the sugar in it.'"

Not to be outdone by at least nine joint interviews Kerry and Edwards have conducted in the past few days with newspapers, news services and magazines, all embargoed for a Sunday release that would coincide with the pair's appearance on 60 MINUTES, editors at TIME snag the quote of the week:

"This man drinks a lot of Diet Coke," Kerry whispers to TIME, in its cover story set for maximum Monday impact.

Developing...

--------------

four before noon is just a tad much i would say

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 01:39 AM
About a week ago i saw a program on TV talking about Aspertame and that it is bad for humans.
So when i saw my Dr. the other day i asked his opinion about it.

He told me to avoid products that contain it because over time it is the same thing as drinking a tiny drop of Paint Thinner everyday. He said that if i really wanted to kill myself to drink a bottle of Windex since it contains Aspertame also.
He suggested a few Natural Herbal Sweetners that are perfectly safe to use.
There have also been cases of 2 year old children developing brain cancer, and guess what the common factor was between the mothers of these children?............. Diet Pop, they drank it daily to avoid gaining so much weight during pregnancy.
I do my best to buy foods that haven't taken a trip through the local laboratory before i ingest them, and that is getting really hard to do, folks.

A great rule of thumb to live by for everyone is: If it ain't natural, it ain't good for you.
We, the consumers, are rarely ever told the truth about things. can someone say the word Ephedra?
I see lawsuits coming from all of these cancer cases with roots to artificial sweetners, just watch and tell me how right i am AGAIN later.. :)
This Aspertame story has just begun, it will get very ugly.

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Oh, and i would bet my life savings that Bush is taking less prescription medications than President Kennedy was taking while in office, and he was on some pretty strong meds.
And everyone claims he was such a great President, don't they?

Some of you people need to take a walk outside, the graphics are great...

FORD
08-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Oh, and i would bet my life savings that Bush is taking less prescription medications than President Kennedy was taking while in office, and he was on some pretty strong meds.
And everyone claims he was such a great President, don't they?

The original point of this article was about the serious questions of how the combination of aspartame and antidepressant drugs might affect Junior's mind and his abilities to do his job. Kennedy may have been on some prescription pain pills, but he wasn't washing them down with Diet Pepsi.

Some of you people need to take a walk outside, the graphics are great...

Did that yesterday.... and got the sunburn to prove it :(

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Nobody should be drinking Diet anything is my point, that includes Bush.

I hope you got some Aloe on that burn, bro. I was burnt a couple of weeks ago and it sucks major.
Aloe is the savior in sunburn situations.

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Diet Bush ??

twonabomber
08-09-2004, 08:54 AM

I hope you got some Aloe on that burn, bro. I was burnt a couple of weeks ago and it sucks major.

try being bald and sunburnt. i looked like a friggin' Klingon for a week.

FORD
08-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
try being bald and sunburnt. i looked like a friggin' Klingon for a week.

You don't have to be bald to burn your scalp. Trust me....

Actually, I fried my ears so bad that I probably look like a Vulcan.

Woke up Saturday and it was pouring rain, and didn't look like it was going to change, so I didn't bother bringing the sunblock along when I spent the next 8 hours on a Habitat for Humanity construction site.

Of course, the sun came out around 11:00 that morning. Possibly the reflection from all the rain water made it worse? I know I usually get lobsterized at the beach if I'm not prepared.

Probably should have worn a hat, but that still wouldn't have covered the ears, which got the worst of it. We're talking blisters here :(

And yeah, I do know about aloe, one of the desert's greatest gifts.

Seshmeister
08-09-2004, 09:25 AM
LOL!

You've really gone off on one this time Mr F...:)

BTW I drink nutrasweet like water and there's nothing wrong with...emm..me.

I always thought my brain cancer was caused by the vodka I put in it combined with spending too much time reading posts in here...

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Building houses for lazy people who won't do for themselves ??

FORD
08-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Building houses for lazy people who won't do for themselves ??

You just reached a new low in right wing idiocy with that comment.

Maybe I should nominate you for next week's top 10?

FORD
08-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
LOL!

I always thought my brain cancer was caused by the vodka I put in it combined with spending too much time reading posts in here...

Apparently you don't need to add vodka to it. Just leave it out in the sun for a few hours and it converts to alcohol.

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 10:26 AM
You just reached a new low in right wing idiocy with that comment.

Maybe I should nominate you for next week's top 10?

What kind of people is the project for ??

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 10:29 AM
LOL!

I figured I was the only person on the planet who mixed Vodka and Diet Coke...

I liked mine warm...

Of course, these days I don't drink...

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Is it the Christian organization ??

FORD
08-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Is it the Christian organization ??

Yep. the one that our Christian President Jimmy Carter has endorsed, and participated in. He wasn't there for this one, but one of the guys read something from one of his books for the morning devotional.

ELVIS
08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Awesome!

You know I was just trying to get under your skin...

ODShowtime
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Diet Coke tastes like shit anyways.

Jesus Christ
08-10-2004, 02:41 PM
My children, here is a good rule to live by.....

If it was created in a laboratory, and not by Me and My Dad, chances are it was not meant for thy body to consume.

Do ye not see how diseases of the heart and cancers and too much fat on thy bodies hath come from extensive processing of thy food?

This is not of Our design. :(

Katydid
09-06-2004, 06:59 PM
LOL!

Looking at too much porn/beastality raises the sexual endorphens in the brain and adreniline. Stirs up acid also causing it to eat away at your brain and raises your blood pressure. Much like drugs do. Only they fry your brain. Porn just eats away at your brain lie acid.

Katydid
09-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Nobody should be drinking Diet anything is my point, that includes Bush.

I know someone who works for a soft drink company. The diet drinks have embalming fluid in them.

freak
09-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
My children, here is a good rule to live by.....

If it was created in a laboratory, and not by Me and My Dad, chances are it was not meant for thy body to consume.

Do ye not see how diseases of the heart and cancers and too much fat on thy bodies hath come from extensive processing of thy food?

This is not of Our design. :(

Jesus, sir, you sound a lot like Microsoft now. Please stop.

Viking
09-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah. It's all Bush's fault.
:sleepy:

Pink Spider
09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Nothing is Bush's fault!! He's a saint!! More FOX and purple Kool-aid!!

ELVIS
09-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Katydid
I know someone who works for a soft drink company. The diet drinks have embalming fluid in them.

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

freak
09-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Yeah. It's all Bush's fault.
:sleepy:

First, the BCE infects Monkeys with AIDS and brings a plague upon the world.

Now, the BCE is poisoning innocent Americans with soda pop.

A former one term Republican president and his former Texas governor son - Hell bent on destroying the American way of life and bringing fascism to the world once again.

They...must...be...stopped!!! :rolleyes:

It'd be high comedy except for the fact there are clowns out there who swallow this nonsense hook line and sinker.

freak
09-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
Nothing is Bush's fault!! He's a saint!! More FOX and purple Kool-aid!!

I believe it was cherry KoolAid at Jonestown - Therefore, it would be RED.

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Katydid

I'm sending you 10 cases of Diet Coke as we speak.

BigBadBrian
09-06-2004, 08:47 PM

If you just learned to say "NO" to food, you wouldn't have to worry about that, would you, you fat fucker? :confused: :gulp:

freak
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I'm sending you 10 cases of Diet Coke as we speak.

LMAO!
High five!

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
If you just learned to say "NO" to food, you wouldn't have to worry about that, would you, you fat fucker? :confused: :gulp:

And if we could just ween YOU off breathing B3

:D

FORD
09-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Jesus, sir, you sound a lot like Microsoft now. Please stop.

How does He sound like Microsoft? :confused:

Wouldn't He sound more like the Linux geeks who are always pointing out the security flaws in Microsoft products?

However, I'm with the Lord on this one.... keep it as natural as possible whenever you can. It's not always easy, but your body will thank you in the long run.

FORD
09-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I'll bet I eat less than you do. Don't go jumping to conclusions about matters you know NOTHING about.

ELVIS
09-06-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm educated in nutrition and aerobic exercise...

I also practice them...

Ever heard those two terms ??

Eating "less" does not help...

madraoul
09-06-2004, 09:15 PM
First, the BCE infects Monkeys with AIDS and brings a plague upon the world.

Now, the BCE is poisoning innocent Americans with soda pop.

A former one term Republican president and his former Texas governor son - Hell bent on destroying the American way of life and bringing fascism to the world once again.

They...must...be...stopped!!! :rolleyes:

A one term president and his "challenged" son don't know what they're doing. Only what they don't know affects billions of lives. Do you really trust the entire world to idiots? Oh well as countries go, I guess 228 years is a pretty good run.

It'd be high comedy except for the fact there are clowns out there who swallow this nonsense hook line and sinker.

freak
09-06-2004, 09:17 PM
How does He sound like Microsoft? :confused:

The one true way thing is a dead givaway.

Wouldn't He sound more like the Linux geeks who are always pointing out the security flaws in Microsoft products?

Actually, we are the ones who have to spend all day on the phone explaining to people that clicking on every link presented them on the web and using Outllook Express on systems connected to broadband is not a good idea and would explain why none of their shit is working right.

However, I'm with the Lord on this one.... keep it as natural as possible whenever you can. It's not always easy, but your body will thank you in the long run.

On that, we can agree. Nothing makes my blood boil more than hearing an overweight person bitch about their condition while guzzling Diet Coke and eating a pound of sugar-free cookies.

freak
09-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
A one term president and his "challenged" son don't know what they're doing. Only what they don't know affects billions of lives. Do you really trust the entire world to idiots? Oh well as countries go, I guess 228 years is a pretty good run.

This country will be here long after you and I are gone.

BTW, what exactly are they doing that is effecting those billions of people, anyway?

Consider my curiosity piqued.