PDA

View Full Version : Easiest VH Song To Play?

Crmlcrm216
08-09-2004, 12:49 AM
As posted in the "what was your first guitar" thread, I was learning "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" and, at this point, I pretty much got it down. I want to learn some other VH songs (the classic stuff, of course) but I don't know where to start. I'm very much a beginner so what are the easiest songs to play?

Cathedral
08-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Panama was pretty easy to learn. the solo isn't that tough either.

Pretty Woman
Dead or Alive

Hell, it's tough to determine what would be easy for another player.
I suggest picking your favorite tunes and hunt down the tablature.
You'll not only learn the songs, but learn some chords in the process.

GAR
08-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Pretty Woman..

SNIPER
08-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Dance the night away, So this is love, RWTD. are all very easy also. Just a few things to learn then it repeats. I guess the solo in So This is Love is kinda tuff, Got that ont tight when I was 18 y/o.

turboblues
08-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Hmm.. Dance the night away isn't that easy if you play it properly: we're talkin' about tapped harmonics for a beginner? I'd say RWTD!! Or SGMADoctor!

DLRdelight!
08-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Depends how much of a begginner you are and how much you already know. Aint Talkin Bout Love was my first also. I think an easy one is Runnin With the Devil but get the right tabs> I dont like using the tablature books because they are usually wrong, as in wrong not played the same way as the artist. Luckily my guitar teacher loves VH and its all we learn!! So bad ass!

Cathedral
08-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Teachers, lol...
My first time attempting lessons was after i had been in a couple bands and knew more than he did, lol.

You know you need a new teacher when he says to you, "How'd you do that?"

I found one that humbled my ass right up, real quick though. problem was he hated Van Halen and was a huge Yngweenie fan.
I hate Yngweenie with a passion.
I never saw the need for a thousand notes in one bar of music, not my style.
I'm more of a Blue's based player, with a dash of Bluegrass on the side.

spmusicplyr
08-10-2004, 04:51 AM
hey buddy, im the one is really easy...haha

Don Corleone
08-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Runnin with the Devil is a real easy one.

Figs
08-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Everybody Wants Some is not too bad.

Don Corleone
08-10-2004, 04:09 PM
If you can handle Ain't takin about Love, then you should be able to cope with Atomic Punk as well.

Terry
08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Their cover of You Really Got Me. Outside of the descending tapping in the middle of the solo, which isn't that hard, classic Van Halen didn't get any simpler. Same goes for their cover of Where Have All The Good Times Gone?, which is probably the easiest classic VH solo you'll ever find.

Picked up three classic Halen tab books about a year ago. Each book had two albums on it. From the Authentic GUITAR-TAB Edition series. The transcribers did an excellent job all-around.

When I was beginning to play years ago, tab wasn't as prevalent as it is now, so we had to figure out that stuff by ear, which was a bitch.

sambo
08-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, RWTD were the first 2 off the block. Then Pretty Woman was probably easier again...

Panamark
08-11-2004, 06:16 AM
I was curious before I opened this thread to see how many said, Aint talkin about love :)

Totally agree with Terry about Ya really got me and Where have all the good times gone.. Pretty woman and Unchained are not too hard.
Little Dreamer is quite easy.. also Feel your love tonight..

Terry
08-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I was curious before I opened this thread to see how many said, Aint talkin about love :)

Totally agree with Terry about Ya really got me and Where have all the good times gone.. Pretty woman and Unchained are not too hard.
Little Dreamer is quite easy.. also Feel your love tonight..

That's the one thing even a lot of Eddie-maniacs miss the point on.
They all talk about how he revolutionized the guitar, but Ed's greatest strength was as a member of the band.

Seshmeister
08-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Runnin with the Devil is a real easy one.

Especially on bass...:)

tjvhou812
08-13-2004, 12:55 AM
yrgm is a very simple song

Panamark
08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Especially on bass...:)

And yet possibly Mikey's finest moment :)

JCOOK
08-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Happy trails you can learn this one in 5 minutes

ClubDave
08-14-2004, 11:25 PM
aside from the solo(which isnt hard if you have some experience) you're no good isnt that hard at all and eddies fingertapping in it is easy to learn so that yo ucan impress all your friends by playing licks that look hard but secretly they are quite simple........us vh fans are real tricksters, hahaha

Terry
08-31-2004, 11:08 PM
None of them are really that tough with practice.

I tend to play the all the stuff besides the solos note for note, although I don't go crazy trying to replicate every little throwaway lick, squeal or whammy bar dive.

Far as the solos, I'll usually get the first couple of bars at the beginning and the end down as Ed played them, then do whatever I want with the middle sections.