PDA

View Full Version : MD Resident Keyes to Run for Illinios Senate

knuckleboner
08-09-2004, 09:45 AM
just ridiculous. in all of illinois, the republicians couldn't find one person to run for senate?

i suppose individual republicans can still complain about hillary clinton carpetbagging, so long as they complain about keyes.

but as a whole, the republican party lost that right...

story (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/08/senate.illinois.keyes/index.html)

FORD
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Rumor is they were trying to recruit Nugent before that. And he's a Michigan resident.

Guess they're scared shitless of Asscrotch's favorite Democrat, Barack Obama :cool:

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 10:28 AM
I'll still bitch about Hillary.

But, I'm surprised to hear you guys bitching. Hillary used this tactic very successfully, and I don't remember too much outrage from the left...

Having said that, I'm actually glad the Republicans are starting to fight fire with fire. It's about damn time. Who knows, if Keyes doesn't poll good, we may switch him out past the deadline.

Sgt Schultz
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
I'll still bitch about Hillary.

But, I'm surprised to hear you guys bitching. Hillary used this tactic very successfully, and I don't remember too much outrage from the left...

Having said that, I'm actually glad the Republicans are starting to fight fire with fire. It's about damn time. Who knows, if Keyes doesn't poll good, we may switch him out past the deadline.

I agree, if the Dems are going toplay dirty then the Republicans should too.

You are exactly right about the deadline. If it looks like Keyes won't do well but the time has expired (according to the law) to apply we'll just put someone else in there anyway and to hell with the law (ala New Jersey).

knuckleboner
08-09-2004, 10:49 AM
2 wrongs making a right? (well, keyes IS pretty damn far to the right...;))

and yeah, i thought it was wrong for hillary. new york law allows it, and if the people of new york (or illinois) wish to elect whoever they want, that's their choice, not mine.

but i wouldn't want my state to allow it, regardless of if it were hillary or alan keyes.

philosophically, i don't think people should look all over the country to find the 1 way to congress that they can get in.

FORD
08-09-2004, 10:58 AM
My only problem with it is that it makes Keyes himself a hypocrite. Both parties have done it before, but Keyes specifically said that he would never do such a thing.

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 12:03 PM
And hypocrisy doesn't exist on the left?

I seem to remember your hero, Howard Dean, endorsing "The New JFK", and saying that he "stands for change" blah, blah, blah...

FORD
08-09-2004, 02:07 PM

I seem to remember your hero, Howard Dean, endorsing "The New JFK", and saying that he "stands for change" blah, blah, blah...

So did Kucinich. And Sharpton. And Gen. Clark. And everyone else who opposed him in the primaries.

And McCain endorsed Junior. That's what happens in political parties. Doesn't mean any of the above doesn't still believe they could do a better job. It just means they're attempting to unite their parties.

What Dean said actually was that he supported Kerry, but he never said or implied that his supporters did. And from my view of Deaniacs, I would say it's a 1 - 10 scale with 10 being a complete acceptance of Kerry & Edwards and 1 being a total rejection. I'm about at a 4-1/2 myself. Voting only to prevent the complete theft of the judicial branch and total destruction of the environment.

Anyway, how does any of that equal running for political office in a state you have never lived in, especially after saying you thought it was blatantly unconstitutional to do so?

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Because you yourself (and the rest of the "Deaniacs") just admitted that you're actually voting against Bush and not for Kerry.

Who you should be voting for is Nader, if you were true to your ideology...

FORD
08-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Because you yourself (and the rest of the "Deaniacs") just admitted that you're actually voting against Bush and not for Kerry.

Who you should be voting for is Nader, if you were true to your ideology...

If I thought the country could actually survive another 4 years of the BCE, I would consider it.

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Maybe you're a Kerry fan after all... You know, with that bit of waffling, you just might make a good campaign hack!

LoungeMachine
08-09-2004, 09:42 PM

Fer crissakes.

EVERY god damn time you right wing- holier than thou-self righteous Rebulicants fuck up, your first response is

"oh yeah, well what about you?"

"you did it too"

What about Ford's excellent point?

Keyes SPECIFICALLY stated in public how WRONG carpetbagging was, and how HE'D NEVER do it, or support it.

HYPOCRITES.

Bottom Line?, you couldn't find ONE LEGIT CANDIDATE in the entire freaking STATE!!!!

AND your candidate was caught wanting to watch his wife bang other guys in public. Oh the Shame!

HYPOCRITES

So much for your party bringing "honor" back to DC

God I can't WAIT for November.

PS, Hey John, good thing our candidate's not dead, or you'd lose for sure!

RE-DEFEAT THE AXIS OF EVIL

a coup will do

LoungeMachine
08-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Maybe you're a Kerry fan after all... You know, with that bit of waffling, you just might make a good campaign hack!

Waffling?

You mean like campaignig in 2000 for State's rights to decide on same sex marriages, and leaving the FEDS out of it like the Shrub?

You mean like fighting tooth and nail the formation of the 9/11 commission, only to waffle when hammered by your own part like Jr?

You mean stating that under no circumstance would you, or you Nat'l Security Advisor would testify, only to change your mind?

THAT kind of waffling?

Shit, the Shrub should open his own Denny's

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Uh, fuckwad Phil...

I purposely never said Keyes was right to do what he's doing.

I'm simply questioning the selective outrage shown here.

In fact, just like Ford said, I'm actually intrigued by Obama.

So, do a little reading from now on before you open your cocksucker, mkay?

LoungeMachine
08-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Uh, fuckwad Phil...

I purposely never said Keyes was right to do what he's doing.

I'm simply questioning the selective outrage shown here.

In fact, just like Ford said, I'm actually intrigued by Obama.

So, do a little reading from now on before you open your cocksucker, mkay?

Typical.

I read your posts.

Don't back peddle now.

and who's Phil?, or is that just your pet name for me now?

You may call me fuckwad though. I've been called worse from the right.

mkay?

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Nope, no backpeddaling here.

You made the charge, now back it up. Go ahead, I dare ya.

Which posts indicate I approve of what Keyes is doing? Which posts indicate I want Barak Obama to lose? Which posts indicate that I'm not disgusted by Hillary Clinton?

Come on my little bitch, bring it on.

LoungeMachine
08-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Take your meds johnnie

I dare YOU to quote where I said any of what YOU claim

YOU posted the "waffling" crack. Which you must admit the Shrub is quite the waffler

YOU posted the "if it was okay for hillary..."

I'm your bitch? From what I've read you'd like that, huh?

Will I be your bitch in November? Magic 8 ball says not likely

I've read alot of your posts john. I hate your namesake with a passion, but have kept an open mind about you. I took you to task for the waffling / hypocrite posts, and now you want me to be a cocksucking bitch.

Sorry to disappoint you. I'm straight, I'm a Dem., and I think you're another neo con parrot. But hey, if Dubya the Incoherent is your man, more power to you. See you at the polls Johnnie

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Neo Con, huh?

Where did you learn such a big word? What does it mean?

Come on, you used it, so back it up. What's it mean?

Oh, and btw, I give Dubya a 7 point lead in November. KB and I have a little bet on the subject. On this, I've been clear as a bell. I don't know where you get your info, but let me ask you this...

Who'd actually energized by "The new JFK"?

Oh, and feel free to see the thread about Kerry saying he'd authorize war to remove Saddam even without evidence of WMDs..

Some anti-war platform, heh? Sounds like desperation from a candidate that knows what's coming no? You know, he voted for the appropriations before he voted against them? He supported war before he opposed it... And now, to the vast dissappointment of all of the "Dean-a-maniacs", Kerry's realize the public actually support the war in Iraq and is shifting his position (once again) to align himself with the war crowd.

And you think the Conservatives are desparate???

LoungeMachine
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Neo Con, huh?

Where did you learn such a big word? What does it mean?

Come on, you used it, so back it up. What's it mean?

Oh, and btw, I give Dubya a 7 point lead in November. KB and I have a little bet on the subject. On this, I've been clear as a bell. I don't know where you get your info

And you think the Conservatives are desparate???

Always assumed it was referring to neo- conservatives, the NEW right wing part of your party that scares the living shit out of me. They ignore the bill of rights, and want to AMEND the fucking constitution on gay marriage. They oppose stem cell research, and they had their eyes on Iraq/Saddam well BEFORE the election.

Where do I get my info? What the FUCK does that mean? Who hires YOU as a pollster? You have as much chance calling the election correctly as anyone.

Bottom line, you couldn't debate me for 4 posts before you pulled out the cocksucker / you're my bitch tag. Pathetic.

No, I never said you were desperate. PLEASE QUOTE THE POST WHERE I DIDE. YOU MADE THE STATEMENT, NOW BACK IT UP.

Fuck, I take back 90% of the credit I gave you before. I've now waffled myself. I used to think you and Ford sparred pretty well, but now I think you're just a tool.

Your namesake is a twisted, sick fuck.

Good choice

See you in November johnnie

John Ashcroft
08-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Heh heh heh, my "namesake" has it's desired effect...

Now, I knew you weren't up to it. You don't even know what a "Neo-Con" is. Yet you use the term with abondon, attaching your personal meaning to the phrase, garnished (undoubtably) by the impression you received by the press.

And you are a bitch, face it. Simply because of this...

Bitches argue on emotion, not fact or reason. You want to step up, and that's fine. But you have to back your emotional outbursts up with some sort of supporting evidence. Otherwise, you're simply being a bitch.

Now, for future reference, look at some of the "Neo-Cons" that post here on a regular basis. Pay attention to what they post. Pay attention to how they argue their points. Look at their sources for information. Now, I've admitted before that Newsmax is an Op-Ed site, and should be taken that way. But there are sooooooo many posts by all "Neo-Cons" on this board from Rueters, the AP, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc... that you could hardly consider the stories editorial. (Although you could take Ford and Pinky's approach, and label the entire press corp as part of the WRAM). Either way, it's simply a matter of logic vs. emotion. And support vs. unsupported "feelings"...

And you still haven't expanded on just why it is you're so pissed off at our President...