PDA

View Full Version : A Forgotten Gem

ULTRAMAN VH
08-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Looking through my old record collection I came across an album by the japanese hard rock band Loudness.' Thunder In The East '
If you want to give the 1st 6 VH release's a break, I would suggest giving this a listen. The guitar wizardry from Akira Takisaki is AWESOME. This band came on to American shores in 1985. I saw them open for Motley Crue and Mick Mars should have just stayed in his dressing room. They never really took off in the U.S. but if you want to hear some killer riff's in the classic VH style, I suggest finding this cd or downloading some of their tunes. It's really great stuff. And the lyrics are in english, not japanese.

Mezro
08-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Throw away the Loudness album and get EZO instead.

Mezro...a much better Japanese band...but Akira is an amazing player...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Fuckin' A....

Saw them two nights straight at the Budokan in Tokyo in '85....

http://www.takasaki.net/

WACF
08-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Heard "Crazy Nights" the other night on Net Radio...forgot all about that one.

Cool tune....

Mezro
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Heard "Crazy Nights" the other night on Net Radio...forgot all about that one.

Cool tune....

"Wok un woll craeeseh gnats, uh areh theee hiro tognat"

Mezro...that guy had oatmeal mouth vocals...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah, but you should have seen these guys in Tokyo....

They put on a helluva show, and that's having 99% of the show in Japanese !!

I did speak the lingo fairly well back then, but that was mostly conversation dealing with girls or beer.... :D

I guess you could compare it to VH in L.A., the crowds were fanatical....

Panamark
08-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Love that album !! Great Riffage indeed !!

Ozzy Fudd
08-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Very true indeed these guys friggin rocked.
Back in the headbangers ball on MTV i seen the rock n roll crazy nights
video went ape shit and bought the cassette on the following friday

Reverberator
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Fuck me . Loudness , what an album " lightning strikes was " . I have it on vinyl , scratched to fuck somewhere in the garage . I must try to locate a cd or a download .

bueno bob
08-20-2004, 10:01 PM
All I ever heard of them was "Soldier of Fortune", had Mike Vescera on vocals...fucking HATED it almost from the moment it started, but the guitarist was a better-than-average Malmsteen clone. I figured all their stuff probably sounded like this, so after I finished puking, I threw the tape away and vowed never to listen to them again.

Apparently, I might have missed something...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah Bob, you got the "Hagar-ized" version of Loudness....

Try to grab "Thunder in the East" or "Lightning Strikes", you won't be disappointed.....

DavidLeeNatra
08-21-2004, 12:35 PM
banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

Coyote
08-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Looking through my old record collection I came across an album by the japanese hard rock band Loudness.' Thunder In The East '
If you want to give the 1st 6 VH release's a break, I would suggest giving this a listen. The guitar wizardry from Akira Takisaki is AWESOME. This band came on to American shores in 1985. I saw them open for Motley Crue and Mick Mars should have just stayed in his dressing room. They never really took off in the U.S. but if you want to hear some killer riff's in the classic VH style, I suggest finding this cd or downloading some of their tunes. It's really great stuff. And the lyrics are in english, not japanese.

Yeah, I got that LP... :)

Que mucho tono!