X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

OU812 vs Skyskraper

I just bought a used copy of Skyscraper and listened to it for the first time. As far as second albums go it kills ou812!! When Roth and Halen split I went on the Halen side of things. Now I am starting to pick up all Daves solo shit, It is all like new albums for me since I have not herd them before. I credit that to this site to open my mind back to Roth. Fuck Sammy!! Is there any Roth Vids out there to down load?
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

There should be some stuff in here.

Yeah, Dave's stuff is great. Mind you, I don't like all of it. I think SKYSCRAPER is very under-rated. There are some great and adventurous moments on that record. Did you get EAT 'EM AND SMILE or DLR BAND yet? Both are real winners!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Diaper, there is a separate forum for this.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

What would that be?

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I got the DLR band cd. Thats prob my fav one at the moment. Eat em and smile , not yet. Prob pick that one up today. I got the spanish one of the net.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Don't know anything about OU812, just that crap I've heard on the radio. But I love Skyscraper!

Heres a plug for Enterprise Car Rental - I left my Skyscraper CD in one of their cars and I was bummin' out. I called them and they sent it back to me, next day, no charge.

BTW, you made the right choice Sniper!
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• vhfan010
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

I honestly didn't like OU812 very much, not cause of sammy alone, but it just sucked in general. Now, skyscraper is soemthing really special. One of my favorite DLR solo albums to date.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Any of spammy's work is trash, so Sky Scraper!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Bottom Line...nah that jus' cooks...

Comment

• Casemeister
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

OU812 basically sucks. Easily the worst Van Hagar album, IMO. Crappy sound, crappy filler... just a below average album.

Skyscraper is awesome. Yeah, it has synths and stuff, but it still sounds great. Quite a few underrated songs on that album!
                    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Skyscraper is a simple case of some tunes that are just classic...mixed in with some that aren't...

it has a bit of "Fair Warning" to it...IMO...

OU812 shouldn't even be discussed here...

wow...this was an old thread...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've always said that "Skyscraper" is my least favorite of anything David Lee Roth ever recorded. Even so, it beats the living shit out of OUneedtoremixthishorridpieceofshit2(and leave the cheese ballads out).
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

That's my point...

it's the Fair Warning of the Roth collection...

but it's good songs are damn good...

no pun intended...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Polk High
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

i didn't really like either skyscraper or ou812, but skyscraper was much better. Looking back music in general sucked in 1988, it was in between Guns n roses albums vh sucked, REM went pop U2 was too popular and that about sums up the year. now 91 was a different story roth comes back w/ his best solo album far surpassing any hagar album out there
                            We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I'd pay a lot to listen to the "raw" version of skyscraper sheehan talked about...

don't know about the other album...never bothered to listen to it...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...