PDA

View Full Version : Your Filthy Little Mouth

vhfan010
08-11-2004, 01:28 PM
I have no idea why YFLM, never sold really well, i honestly thought most of the songs on that album were half way decent, anyone else agree?

knowitall
08-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Are you serious?? Welcom to the site, you're at home here......

Thetruthbaby
08-11-2004, 02:36 PM
DLR made a couple of mistakes I think in terms of business regarding this album. First off he waited 3 years to release it after ALAEnough. Secondly grunge had taken over by 94' and this album was pretty experimental which probably wasn't a good idea in terms of marketing. I personally like the album and I admire Dave because he doesn't seem to care what is trendy, he just does what he wants musically. From an industry standpoint though it was a tough sell considering the musical climate at the time. This coupled with the FACT that MTV basically turned their back on rock and roll bands and artists spelled trouble for the sales. It's a good album though.

Big Train
08-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Never mind Knowit all, he is Canadien.

I find it to be one of his more interesting albums, especially in a lyrical sense. The musicianship was passable and Nile Rodgers producing make everything slick and flat. The songs themselves had good concepts and several songs had excellent lyrics (hence the screenname). His voice was kinda shaky at times (to put it mildly), but the album did die on the vine mostly because of all the traditional venues had moved on from "80's acts". WB knew this which is why it came out on Reprise, to be buried.

diamondsgirl
08-11-2004, 06:48 PM
I love this album and play the shit out of it. I love that it is a mixed bag and think it's cool that DLR did what the fuck he wanted to. It was Dave trying everything he always wanted to try.

IMO, his voice is is hot as hell on Sunburn. And I love the tune "Your Filthy Little Mouth". I think the lyrics are clever as hell.

horty07
08-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Its a very good album that alot of people couldn't accept because it was not typical Dave.

DeadOrAlive
08-12-2004, 07:10 PM
It's a great album. PERIOD.

tobinentinc
08-13-2004, 12:49 AM
I bought it for 3 bucks at FYe, and really have only listened to it once. So it's not my favorite of his.

DeadOrAlive
08-13-2004, 06:18 PM
3 BUCKS!!! WOW! I gotta go to FYe!

TwoFoolsAMinute
08-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by horty07
Its a very good album that alot of people couldn't accept because it was not typical Dave.

You know, it was typical Dave, which is atypical. Dave just does what dave likes. It wasn't typical Van Halen, but this album has Dave written all over it. I hear so many people bitch about some bands that their songs all sound alike. Dave is not one bit guilty of that, and you see what happens. People have trouble appreciating talent. There's some bad ass shit on that album. Who says Roth can only play hard rock. Not me. Dave could release a hundred more YFLM's I'd buy em.

Now Diamond Dave...that's a different story...for another time...

pete
08-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
You know, it was typical Dave, which is atypical. Dave just does what dave likes. It wasn't typical Van Halen, but this album has Dave written all over it. I

It was Dave minus VH.

He brought this shit to VH.

"Push Comes to Shove" and many others.

DeadOrAlive
08-13-2004, 10:45 PM
That's when push comes to shove...