PDA

View Full Version : Running diary of State Of The Union address...

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:03 PM
9:08 (click over from the Bruins game...1-0 B's by the way)

9:08:24 Connie Rice...looks tense

9:11 Intro. Georgie and much applause (standing ovation)

9:12 Now batting leadoff...the US soldiers! (standing ovation)

9:13 Tax relief...(standing ovation)

9:13:45 Shot of Ted Kennedy's huge head (was he shaking his head "no", or was that early Parkinsons coming on?)

9:14 "The state of our union is confident and strong..." (standing ovation)

9:15 First 9/11 mention

9:16 "The danger will be defeated..." (standing ovation)

9:17 Interesting applause from the Dem side when Bush mentions that some parts of the Patriot Act will expire next year...some speech writer is SO FIRED!

9:18 "Bring terrorists to justice" (standing ovation)

9:19 (Daves PA rental's eyes starting to glaze over.)

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:09 PM
9:20 "The people of Iraq are free..." (standing ovation)

9:21 Still nothing domestic...

9:21:40 "The former leader of Iraq now sits in a prison cell..." (standing ovation) Amen.

9:22 Bush looks confident and sounds clear...no mispronunciations yet...

9:23 Can someone tell him not to scrunch up his forehead like that?

9:24 Who's that? The new King of Iraq? Pa-chachi is his name?...(standing ovation)

9:24:24 LIBYA!!!! Did he just say "nuke-you-ler" or nuclear?

9:25 "no on can now doubt the word of America..." (Daves PA rental nods his head in agreement...)

9:26 He said "nuke-you-ler" again!

9:26:17 Heh, heh...he said "rostrum"...

9:27 (Daves PA rental goes to get a Jack and Coke...)

FORD
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
You forgot to mention that most of those standing ovations were only on the far right side of the aisle ;)

God, I can't believe I sat through an hour and 15 minutes of lies and bullshit :rolleyes:

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
9:28 PM...wow! 4 minutes between standing ovations. (standing ovation) This one is long to make up for the time...

9:29 another 9/11 mention

9:29:14 "We opened up a can of whoop-ass on y'all" (world terrorists) (standing ovation)

9:30 Arrrrrrrrgh!!! Ted Kennedy's mutant head! (Holey Parkinsons disease, Batman! Look at that head shake!)

9:31 Standing O from Hillary (I would bang her sideways...)

9:32 Um, was that outloud?

9:32:06 Bush rolls up his sleeves like a wild man and starts pounding his fist in the air, yelling the names of random states...oh wait, that was Howard Dean last night...

9:33 another standing 0...missed it

9:34 another standing 0...missed it (something about the middle east)

9:34:22 (Daves PA rental's cat knocks over the Jack and Coke...scampers guiltily away to the basement...)

9:35 What did I miss? (mopping up spilled Jack and Coke...)

9:36 Connie Rice has a "furrowed brow"

9:36:51 Wha? Bush mentions the economy! (standing ovation)

9:36:55 (Daves PA rental goes to get another drink...)

twonabomber
01-20-2004, 10:25 PM
guy's a nut.

prisoner re-entry program? what the fuck, let 'em learn that shit in prison, they don't have much to do all day as it is.

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:28 PM
9:39 (Daves PA rental has an uneasy feeling that they are about to show Ted Kennedy's head on the TV again...)

9:39:47 "No child left behind..." doesnt work. I am a public school teacher. I know. But that might be a topic for another thread...

9:41 Rod Paige looks like he's just about to yell "BINGO!"

9:43 OK, ive hung in there for 43 minutes...getting bored...are the Bruins still on?

9:43 "Tax cuts should be perminant"...quick shot to uncomfortable-looking Democratic Senator...

9:45 Spencer Abraham's head looks like a tan Ted Kennedy's...

9:46 (fading fast...) social security...tax dollars...(eyes getting heavy...)

9:46:34 (feeling sleepy now. contimplate self-mutilization just for a change of pace...)

9:48 "If you want to pick lettuce, you should be able to pick lettuce...and we should get income tax from you wet-back son's of bitches...(ok, he really didnt say that...)

9:52 (click!)

9:52:20 BRUINS WIN!!! Beat the Winnipeg Rangers 4-1

9:52:45 (click back to Bushie...) just in time for...ANOTHER standing ovation! Wow, what are the odds of that?

9:53 (Im almost falling out...)

9:54 --im out.

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You forgot to mention that most of those standing ovations were only on the far right side of the aisle ;)

FORD, was that your first State of the Union speech? Everyone knows that when a Republican is the president, all the Republicans stand and clap. And when a Democrat is the president, all the Democrats stand and clap...

(dude, I feel like picking on you tonight...)

lucky wilbury
01-20-2004, 10:42 PM
that b's game was a good one. who would have thought that without joe they would smackdown the rangers again. and what a cheap shot on rolston at the end.

rustoffa
01-20-2004, 10:58 PM
what the fuck was the steroids speel about?good grief,that was horrible.....maybe he's eluding to Dean's "roid-rage" like outbursts....probably a stretch.:D

Cathedral
01-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Bush wants coaches to put a stop to steroid use so our kids have a better rolemodel..

I'm still trying to figure out how that whole thing fit into the speech.

Oh well, it was at least a good point to drag out of nowhere, lol.

FORD
01-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Bush wants coaches to put a stop to steroid use so our kids have a better rolemodel..

I'm still trying to figure out how that whole thing fit into the speech.

Oh well, it was at least a good point to drag out of nowhere, lol.

Maybe it's because he knows first hand what decades of drug abuse can do to a body?

Pink Spider
01-21-2004, 12:41 AM
I watched the first 20 minutes of lie after lie after lie after lie...then turned it off. Neo-con rhetoric is both pathetic AND boring. :sleepy: At least the usual "useful idiots" probably liked it.

FORD
01-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
FORD, was that your first State of the Union speech? Everyone knows that when a Republican is the president, all the Republicans stand and clap. And when a Democrat is the president, all the Democrats stand and clap...

No shit, but this bunch takes it to obnoxious levels. These Republicans in Congress know this guy's a fucking buffoon. But they love having all this power, so they stand and applaud everything the silly bastard says just to make it a good show. But they're overacting. Sometimes I swear the networks were running an overdubbed soundtrack with all the noise.

I half expected to hear Santorum yell out "Junior fuckin rocks dude!!" :rockit2: when he announced his support for the insane proposed homophobia ammendment.

Cathedral
01-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by FORD

I half expected to hear Santorum yell out "Junior fuckin rocks dude!!" :rockit2: when he announced his support for the insane proposed homophobia ammendment.

I'm sorry dude, but my values are non-negotiable. give everyone the same equal rights but, we don't have to destroy the sacred union of marriage in the process.
Why is it ok to disregard the values this country was founded on?
Why do our children have to be subjected to homosexuals in public?
or better yet, Why do our court systems allow children to be adopted by gay couples?

The list goes on and i'm just not liberal like that.

The world is going mad and nobody knows right from wrong anymore. I just think it's wrong and our kids shouldn't have to live in such a vulgar society. I know my childhood wasn't like that.
No matter what we teach our children the draw and influence of society is a threat to their mental well being.

BigBadBrian
01-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
I watched the first 20 minutes of lie after lie after lie after lie...then turned it off.

Those 'big words' scared you off, huh? ;)

John Ashcroft
01-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Which lies? You libs are fruitty!

Oh, and that murdering son of a bitch, drunk mother fucker Ted Kennedy has absolutely no class. Great guy to represent your party as a senior member of the Senate, guys...

Anyway, there's certainly some truth to the statement that Republican SOTU speeches get greater applause from the right side of the aisle, and Democrat speeches from the left. It's common sense. However, I've watch quite a few SOTU speeches from when Clinton was President, and the Republicans acted with dignity, respect, and class. A marked difference from the behavior from the left last night. Yep, a truly classless bunch they are. So filled with bitterness and rage that they are blind to the fact that they look undignified, petty, and small.

I mean, the Pres. has given Dems just about every domestic concession they've ever supposedly "fought" for! And he threw a few on top last night to boot! And the little people are still not happy. I heard the pundits talking immediately following the speech about "no sweeping domestic agenda", and I was like "Fuckin' A right!" I don't want a "sweeping domestic agenda" from the government! I want them out of the fucking way! In fact, I'd be happy as a pig in shit if Dubya went up there and stated "We're cancelling all domestic vote buying schemes, and concentrating on National Defense... Just like the Constitution states."

Talk about a "bold domestic agenda"! I'd vote to make him king if that would happen!

Oh, and did anyone catch the clear warning to the liberal activist judges on the left coast?

ELVIS
01-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I just think it's wrong and our kids shouldn't have to live in such a vulgar society. I know my childhood wasn't like that.
No matter what we teach our children the draw and influence of society is a threat to their mental well being.

Liberals don't give a crap about a childs development or well being...

FORD
01-21-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry dude, but my values are non-negotiable. give everyone the same equal rights but, we don't have to destroy the sacred union of marriage in the process.
Why is it ok to disregard the values this country was founded on?
Why do our children have to be subjected to homosexuals in public?
or better yet, Why do our court systems allow children to be adopted by gay couples?

The list goes on and i'm just not liberal like that.

The world is going mad and nobody knows right from wrong anymore. I just think it's wrong and our kids shouldn't have to live in such a vulgar society. I know my childhood wasn't like that.

If you want to have a personal objection to homosexuality, that's up to you. But prejudice should not be written into the Constitution. And I can't believe Cheney applauded that shit either. He must really hate his kid. :(

John Ashcroft
01-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Didn't Clinton sign the "Protection of Marriage" act? (or whatever the fuck it was called...)

FORD
01-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Didn't Clinton sign the "Protection of Marriage" act? (or whatever the fuck it was called...)

The Indefensible Marriage Act? Yeah he signed the piece of shit. Clinton has been called "the best Republican President we ever had" and there were a few times he really lived up to it.

BrownSound1
01-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I couldn't tell if Ted Kennedy was shaking his head or if he was going through withdrawals.

Tell me a good reason why homosexual marriages should be legal. I can just see me explaining to my son or daughter that our country allows gay marriages when the Bible and the laws of nature dictate that it is not right or natural. If you allow that you might as well allow people to marry their freakin' dogs.

knuckleboner
01-21-2004, 11:38 AM
99:39:47 "No child left behind..." doesnt work. I am a public school teacher. I know. But that might be a topic for another thread...

i work in local government. and from our perspective, even if the act worked, it hasn't been anywhere close to being funded. it results in an unfunded mandate which gives us 2 unenvious choices: 1) raise everybody's taxes to pay for it. 2) cut other needed services to pay for it.

and mind you, our school system is already one of the best in the nation.

knuckleboner
01-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
Tell me a good reason why homosexual marriages should be legal. I can just see me explaining to my son or daughter that our country allows gay marriages when the Bible and the laws of nature dictate that it is not right or natural. If you allow that you might as well allow people to marry their freakin' dogs.

tell me a good reason why we should allow divorced people to marry? isn't that against the Bible? tell me why we should allow a 30 year old man to legally marry a 65 year old woman? isn't that against the laws of nature?

i don't see anybody running to have a constitutional amendmend to ban quicky marriages in las vegas. personally, i think the britney spears debacle was a lot more damanging to the institution of CIVIL marriage then letting two committed gay guys get married.

CIVIL marriage in america is just a bunch of legal rights and responsibilities that are codified into one event. i'm all for allowing religions to decide whether or not they recognize any marriage (gay or otherwise).

if two gay people can currently go to a lawyer and have him draw up a bunch of documents that wind up bestowing the same legal rights of a CIVIL marriage, why not just let them have a justice of the peace do the same thing?

BrownSound1
01-21-2004, 11:45 AM
How about we cut some of the politician's salaries in Washington or even on the state level. I work closely with government as well, and there are an awful lot of people who work at these varies places that don't do a damn thing all day.

knuckleboner
01-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
How about we cut some of the politician's salaries in Washington or even on the state level. I work closely with government as well, and there are an awful lot of people who work at these varies places that don't do a damn thing all day.

so be it. i'm not arguing where the money should come from. i just don't like it that the president touted a program which puts practically the entire burden of implementing on the local level.

if bush wants to cut bureaucracies' salaries to provide the needed funding for No Child Left Behind, fine. i won't criticize him about the lack of funding for that program. but he created it. and i expect him to fund it. because the alternative is for us to raise people's property taxes locally. since, unlike the federal government, we can neither operate a deficit budget, nor pass along the buck to a lower level.

twonabomber
01-21-2004, 12:56 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/bob/01/bushturkey.jpg

High Life Man
01-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Could Hillary's teeth get any more yellow?

Disgusting.

Think she smokes (not pole either)?

Pink Spider
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Those 'big words' scared you off, huh? ;)

At least I can pronounce those big words, unlike Shrub.

While all of you have your heads up Bush's ass, maybe one of you will get lucky and find Osama. ;)

BigBadBrian
01-21-2004, 04:03 PM
While all of you have your heads up Bush's ass, maybe one of you will get lucky and find Osama. ;)

Maybe your girlfriend will give us a sighting report after her head pops out of your hairy gash. :D

Pink Spider
01-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Good comeback. :rolleyes:

Your reverse homophobe psychology won't work on me.

Besides, your wife's Wednesday activities are none of your business. :p :cool:

BigBadBrian
01-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Good comeback. :rolleyes:

Your reverse homophobe psychology won't work on me.

I knew you were a dyke. :eatit:

Pink Spider
01-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, that would be consistent with your fantasies and your wife being so butch, but no. :)

Dave's PA Rental
01-21-2004, 09:44 PM

9:30 Arrrrrrrrgh!!! Ted Kennedy's mutant head! (Holey Parkinsons disease, Batman! Look at that head shake!)

9:31 Standing O from Hillary (I would bang her sideways...)

9:32 Um, was that outloud?

9:32:06 Bush rolls up his sleeves like a wild man and starts pounding his fist in the air, yelling the names of random states...oh wait, that was Howard Dean last night...

god damn, I crack myself up...guess im the only one...;)

Ally_Kat
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM

I think he just wanted us to know that he knew his states. lol And wtf was up with that scream at the end of it. That didn't sound human!

And let me tell you, all the radio stations were playing it today making fun of him. The professors in the lounge today were NOT happy campers saying that by making fun of the weird inhuman scream that it was hindering Dean and making him look bad. :rolleyes:

rustoffa
01-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I think he just wanted us to know that he knew his states. lol And wtf was up with that scream at the end of it. That didn't sound human!

And let me tell you, all the radio stations were playing it today making fun of him. The professors in the lounge today were NOT happy campers saying that by making fun of the weird inhuman scream that it was hindering Dean and making him look bad. :rolleyes:
"The professors in the lounge today were NOT happy campers saying that by making fun of the weird inhuman scream"
fuck,I got that far and spit beer all over.....(sides hurting):rofl: