PDA

View Full Version : Boldin out for 8 weeks!

WARF
08-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Knee injury could keep Boldin out at least eight weeks

By MEL REISNER, AP Sports Writer
August 11, 2004
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin, last season's offensive rookie of the year, underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday and could be sidelined at least eight weeks.

Coach Dennis Green initially said an MRI found ``a slight tear'' in the cartilage and thought Boldin would be able to return within two weeks. But during the procedure, doctors found and repaired a more significant tear, Green said.

``We are looking at what is typically an eight- to 12-week injury,'' Green said about the length of Boldin's rehabilitation.

That means Boldin, Arizona's only Pro Bowl player last year after setting an NFL rookie record with 101 catches, may not be back until at least early October -- a severe blow to Green's plan to juice up the offense. Two of the three young receivers who figured to start in his preferred three-wideout set are injured.

One of them, Bryant Johnson, had a boot removed which he wore for more than a month to protect the stress fracture in his right foot. Johnson, last year's first-round draft pick, planned to begin full-speed running within two weeks and return to action soon.

Larry Fitzgerald, drafted No. 3 overall this year, has been practicing the routes of all three receiving positions, and quarterback Josh McCown said backups have been impressive in camp.

``Bryan Gilmore can step in there, Karl Williams can step in there, Nate Poole,'' McCown said. ``We've got guys that can step up and play. Jason McAddley has started in the NFL before, so we've got guys that have played. It's not like in the past where we've been so young in depth.''

Boldin missed his junior year at Florida State because of reconstructive surgery on a tendon in his left knee.

This time, his knee was sore Monday and he sat out the always intense morning practice. On Tuesday, he was warming up for practice when his knee locked up and he was carted from the field.

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 10:38 PM
If they are smart...they'll keep him out three months...

TLR
08-11-2004, 10:41 PM
It's BASEBALL season!

This stuff can wait 'till the snow is flying!

WARF
double post...

WARF
Boldin was supposed to get a contract extention I believe... and this is gonna help them in the salary cap... I still think the cards are a 4-12 team with or without Boldin. They should sit him out the full 12 weeks. Larry Fitzgerald's fantasy stock just jumped up big time... and he looks good in training camp!

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
I'll be honest...it will help his stock for some...but not for me...

he's gonna get doubled like a motherfucker...

I'd have picked him higher had he been the #2 guy...

WARF
08-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I'll be honest...it will help his stock for some...but not for me...

he's gonna get doubled like a motherfucker...

I'd have picked him higher had he been the #2 guy...

The question is... how long will Bryant stay at #1... he hasn't done a fucking thing yet!

Atleast they aren't San Diego with Kevin Dyson as the #1 receiver... I feel bad for River!!

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Dude...Rivers won't sign...they fucked him over...

lmfao...did you see that shit...

20 million dollars if he goes to the Super Bowl THE FIRST FIVE FUCKING YEARS OF HIS DEAL...

LMFAO...Manning looks like a genious now...

WARF
08-11-2004, 10:51 PM
I would have given him 10 million.... just for going .500 !!!

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 11:10 PM
The Chargers are fucking buffoons...just buffoons...

I take back everything I said about the Mannings...

except...

Peyton's a jizzbag...

Archie's a dickhead...

And Eli's a prick...

other than that...

WARF
08-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah and Danny Manning is a piece of shit to!!

oops... wrong sport...

POJO_Risin
08-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah...but I bet they're related...in a slave sorta way...

redblkwht
08-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Another good reason to keep the draft at a later date..
I had him high on my list.

POJO_Risin
08-12-2004, 12:06 AM
The draft IS at a later date...the 29th...

redblkwht
08-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The draft IS at a later date...the 29th...
LOL LOL LOL very nice.. cant wait for football.

redblkwht
08-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Even though it looks like the bears are gonna suck hind again, with all
the injurys already-:(

ALinChainz
08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Cardinals: Fitzgerald sprains ankle

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Sunday, August 15, 2004

News

It was a painful homecoming for Cardinals' rookie wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. The Minnesota native left Saturday's preseason opener against the Vikings in the second quarter with a sprained left ankle. ESPN Radio reports the x-rays were negative, but Fitzgerald was wearing a walking boot after the game.

Views

Marcel Shipp is out, Anquan Boldin is out, and now Emmitt Smith and Fitgerald are nicked up. Maybe Dennis Green should just appeal to the league to let his team sit out the rest of the preseason so that they have enough healthy bodies for week one. No word is available yet on how long Fitz will be out, but assume he won't be practicing this week.