PDA

View Full Version : "Sharing the Groove was compromised by an individual"

Dave's PA Rental
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
wow. this is turning into quite the drama over at sharingthegroove.org...

hope they come back soon...

Lou
08-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I'd like to know what that means myself.

However I'm not sure the mp3 lovers here really care.

Rebel
08-12-2004, 09:08 PM
I saw that, wonder who would want to screw up a site like that? Probably somebody trying to sell shit on ebay.

ODShowtime
08-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Do we have more news on this?

Satan
08-13-2004, 11:37 AM
I seem to remember hearing talk of some fucking idiot loading commercial software torrents onto their tracker, which is a really goddamn lame thing to do, in my Most Unholy opinion, but not unusual among the warez "community", where "borrowing" server space has been a long established practice.

So it's possible that the presence of bootleg software might have alerted the corporate police, who in turn might have alerted the fascist RIAA, despite the fact that, in this Devil's view, freely traded, non commercial music is NONE OF THE RIAA'S GODDAMNED FUCKING BUSINESS and that may be the source of the difficulties.

Bottom line - some little shitballs have a world of hurt coming to them when they arrive in Hell ;)

DISCLAIMER: the preceding theory is the exclusive thoughts of Satan the Devil who represents only his Most Unholy self and Hell, Inc. and does not claim to be a spokesdevil for www.sharingthegroove.org. I do not claim to know the actual reasons for the site's difficulties.

WACF
08-13-2004, 12:25 PM
That's shitty....STG is a fucking cool site.
It don't hurt anyone and has some deadly stuff on it....

TwoFoolsAMinute
08-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I'd like to know what that means myself.

However I'm not sure the mp3 lovers here really care.

I do care. I really do!