PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey governor to step down

Steve Savicki
08-13-2004, 12:56 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20040813/ap_on_re_us/nj_governor_5

Can we please stop blaming gays for everything?

EDITED: And to think I read the list here and just missed Hil's post.
Oh well, another thread to show America wastes too much time thinking of trivial things.

JCOOK
08-13-2004, 01:08 PM
This causes me a real dilemma Im, rebublican do i hate him because hes' a democrat or faaaaagggggg!!!

EmpyreLounge44
08-13-2004, 01:52 PM
who cares if he is gay...this country is rediculous somtimes

Satan
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
who cares if he is gay...this country is rediculous somtimes

Amen to that.

Even Rush Limbaugh, possibly the most infamous right wing hatespreader in recent history, was sympathetic to the governor today. He chalked it up to something he learned over the course of his drug addiction, though it might be more personal, given stories of his "Jeff Christie" days.

As an observer of the totality of human history, I can say with no fear of contradiction that the majority of the damage has been done by heterosexuals.

BigBadBrian
08-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

No. :gulp:

JCOOK
08-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Sorry guys that was just my way of pointing out absurdity by being absurd.

John Ashcroft
08-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Isn't this a dupe?

Ah, yes... It's been discussed here (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8963)

BITEYOASS
08-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Excuse me, but how does being gay effect your job as governor. He was probably stating this due to the fact that he wanted he is a lousy governor.

BITEYOASS
08-13-2004, 03:28 PM
correction: in order to hide the fact that he is a lousy governor

Ally_Kat
08-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

EDITED: And to think I read the list here and just missed Hil's post.
Oh well, another thread to show America wastes too much time thinking of trivial things.

No one forced him to step down, Steve, except for his former lover. He's threatening with a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Warham
08-13-2004, 04:35 PM
He's not stepping down because he's gay.

He's a very corrupt politician. That's why he's stepping down.

Satan
08-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Warham
He's not stepping down because he's gay.

He's a very corrupt politician. That's why he's stepping down.

My suspicion is that it's a combination of the two.

I think his Mossad spy/boyfriend was trying to blackmail him, using his sexual orientation as leverage. McGreevey decided that both resigning and coming out would be better than going through with whatever they wanted him to do. Which means it must have been pretty damn bad :(

JCOOK
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Interesting----- Alleged gay boyfriend says heis not gay---- Gov. made unwanted advances---the plot thickens

CyberDust6
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM
He isn’t stepping down because he is gay. If that were the only issue, then he would not need to step down. He is stepping down because he tried to appoint his former gay lover head of Home Land security for the state of New Jersey, even though the guy had no credentials for the job, and the guy was born in Israel. Then after not being confirmed to the position, the governor tried to keep his gay lover on the payroll for a $110,000 a year job at the tax payers expense, and the guy was not even doing any work for the government. Plus many of the chief advisors around the governor are involved with campaign finance scandals. He just used the gay affair to try to get sympathy from the public, and to take attention away from the scandals in his administration, which is the real reason he is resigning.

Wayne L.
08-21-2004, 08:30 AM
NJ Gov. McGreevey brought this all on himself because of his own stupidity & using the gay American line in his resignation speech to get sympathy from the voters which is similiar to Ted Kennedy with Chappaquidick back in 69 is ludicrious proving he's a low life scumbag like most politicians whether they be Democrats or Republicans.