PDA

View Full Version : Stones Drummer Watts Treated for Cancer

PHOENIX
08-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Stones Drummer Watts Treated for Cancer

LONDON - Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts (news) is being treated for throat cancer, a spokesman for the band said Saturday.

Watts, 63, was diagnosed in June and has completed four weeks of a six-week course of radiotherapy at London's Royal Marsden Hospital.

"He is expecting to make a full recovery and start work with the rest of the band later in the year," the spokesman said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

He said Watt's treatment had not interfered with any tour or recording plans for the Stones, who have been "relaxing between work commitments" following a world tour last year.

Known as the most laid-back member of the band he joined more than 40 years ago, Watts has also performed with a variety of jazz ensembles.

twonabomber
08-14-2004, 08:01 PM
i wonder if metal guitar picks caused this, too.

DeadOrAlive
08-14-2004, 08:38 PM
hmm...

FORD
08-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i wonder if metal guitar picks caused this, too.

Is that what Eddie claims caused his cancer?

Maybe Charlie was using asbestos tipped drumsticks? :rolleyes:

Get well soon Charlie! Looking forward to seeing the Stones in 2005 :)

twonabomber
08-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Is that what Eddie claims caused his cancer?

yeah. someone's review of the 5-star VH package said that Ed mentioned that sucking on metal picks gave him cancer.

Satan
08-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Oddly enough, I just heard something on the radio about Charlie quitting smoking in the 70's. Guess it must be the second hand smoke from Keith?

PHOENIX
08-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Oddly enough, I just heard something on the radio about Charlie quitting smoking in the 70's. Guess it must be the second hand smoke from Keith?

That was fucking funny.:D

twonabomber
08-17-2004, 01:13 AM
i saw the same article. supposedly Ron Wood's doctors have suggested he quit smoking before he gets emphysema.

Panamark
08-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Charlie watts would have to be the most mellow drummer I have ever seen. Good luck to him and a speedy recovery !

Wayne L.
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Charlie Watts is one of the greatest rock drummers of all time with few equals playing with the Stones but I think his throat cancer is much worse than the Stones publicist is telling the media & the fans personally speaking.

DavidLeeNatra
08-20-2004, 11:22 AM
laying the ground for a legendary band like the stones for more than 40 years is something you can't rank high enough...no watts no stones... god bless