PDA

View Full Version : Roth fans in Florida?

Fabulous Shadow
08-15-2004, 12:09 AM
How are our friends in Florida holding up against Hurrican Charley??

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040814/040814_charleydemo_hmed_6p.h2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5653487/

lionsfan
08-15-2004, 01:03 AM
Didn't really see that much weather, being that I live in the southeastern part of Florida. Rain, clouds...a few strong gusts here and there, but nothing compared to the weather that Punta Gorda recieved.

Golden AWe
08-15-2004, 08:23 AM
yeah, I'm here...

actually I can see the hurricane approaching right nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

vhfan010
08-15-2004, 01:03 PM
im from the myrtle beach area in sc and i got it pretty bad too, but not like the horror in fl

jacksmar
08-18-2004, 08:56 AM
It worse than anyone could have imagined. Those of us that were “spared” were at the expense of many others. Imagine having a job one day and a home and the next day both are gone. That’s kind of the extreme example but there are a few that fit this example.

The state health dept. told everyone to throw out their food in their fridge yesterday because of time that has lapsed without power. The gov is a little miffed and upset about getting the communication infrastructure back in place.

16: Confirmed deaths.
* 21: Shelters open in De Soto, Hardee, Highlands, Lee, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Sarasota, Seminole and Volusia counties.
* 2,315: Number of people in those shelters Sunday.
* 2: Hospitals closed Sunday.
* 4: Disaster medical assistance teams, each with 35 to 50 medical professionals, deployed to provide primary and urgent care.
* 985,000: People without power Sunday.
* 52: Mobile canteens serving the stricken area Sunday.
* 52,000: Instant meals served by those canteens Sunday.
* 880,000: Pounds of ice delivered
* 60: Semitrailers containing cots, blankets, meals, portable toilets, wash kits and other necessities sent to the stricken area.
* 25: Counties declared disaster areas by federal officials.
* 10,000: Number of people for whom the Federal Emergency Management Agency has requested catastrophic housing.
* 13-15 FEET: Size of storm surge when Charley came ashore.
* 659: Law enforcement officers deployed to the area.
* 4,187: National Guard troops deployed.

But here’s the worst part I guess Fab:

400: Approximate number of complaints that came in to the state's toll-free price-gouging hotline as of Sunday.

Charlotte Harbor Fire Department Firefighters arrived early Saturday to find that their computers had been swiped in the night.

106: Days left until the end of hurricane season.

The good news is that everyone is getting money to FEMA and other agencies and the volunteers keep pouring in.

You can’t imagine.

:(

Susie Q
08-18-2004, 09:57 AM
That's completely awful. :( There are no words I am sure that can comfort. Perhaps people will ban together and show a bit of humanity.

Hope you and the rest of the floridians can rebuild and become stronger than you were before.

Fabulous Shadow
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
...The Lord will either calm your storm... or allow it to rage while
He calms you.

SoCalChelle
08-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would live where there is such a thing as "tornado season." Especially in a mobile home. How can they continue to be surprised when their house blows away year after year?

Keeyth
08-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
I still don't understand why anyone would live where there is such a thing as "tornado season." Especially in a mobile home. How can they continue to be surprised when their house blows away year after year?

Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with the Earthquakes anyday over that shit...

guwapo_rocker
08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle

And you when yours gets shaken to rubble?

jacksmar
08-19-2004, 04:48 PM
And to top it all off…… KISS cancelled the Tampa show. Nothing to do with the hurricane.

New av Fab? It’s nice butt…..
:boobs: