PDA

View Full Version : Live Without a Net on DVD

Samsonite
08-16-2004, 04:49 PM
They are trying to get all the cash they can get...

JCOOK
08-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Should have been called live without a barfbag

Warham
08-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Crickets chirping: the sound you hear at the video store when Live Without a Net is released on DVD.

vhfan010
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Blockbuster Closed due to infestation

DLR_EngineRoom
08-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Should have been called live without a barfbag

LOL!

or how 'bout

Spam Without A Warning

LIVE Without David Lee Roth

ULTRAMAN VH
08-16-2004, 08:36 PM
I saw this tour in DC. My buddy and I left early. It was an absolutely boring show. I can't believe someone would spend there hard earned money on this crap. When DLR left the band he took the theater aspect of the band with him, which left 3 musicians with 0 charisma and a new lethargic frontman.

Seshmeister
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
I remember there was a crowd of us around at one of our pals houses when it came out and he put it on.

5 minutes in everyone was just looking at each other aghast at what Van Halen had become.

Quick fast forward to Eddies solo spot and then we put on the Evil Dead...:)

Nothing has changed except seeing what a fucking muppet Hagar is and the pussification of the band is no longer a shock, just depressing.

Cheers!

:gulp:

chefcraig
08-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Samsonite
They are trying to get all the cash they can get...

And through the least effort...this release will basically be a transfer of the VHS to DVD.

From what I've read, NO bonus material will be included.

...craig:rolleyes:

Matt White
08-17-2004, 01:44 AM
I saw this SORRY excuse for a tour. Remember when they all came out in sweat pants & t-shirts. "You three FAGS!!!!"
Utterly embaressing.

:donkey:
Nice wife beater EVH you FUCKING HACK!!!!

chefcraig
08-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I saw this SORRY excuse for a tour. Remember when they all came out in sweat pants & t-shirts....Utterly embaressing.

Actually, they were not wearing sweat pants...more than likely on that tour they wore what are now known as "parachute" pants.

These were later replaced by "Zubazz" pants (think draw string and weird colors).

I ought to know...I lived through that embarassing era. goimg to clubs and bars.

tjvhou812
08-17-2004, 01:58 AM
damn. you sound like a bunch of jealous bitches

DLRdelight!
08-17-2004, 03:03 AM
That is such bull. Yet they dunt believe in lookin back an go and re-release this on dvd. What about a Roth fuckin Dvd

thefive
08-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Just saw the vh1 show of Sammy and Dave after vh. Sammy, Eddie, Al and Mike ruined VAn Halen. They fucked up that band. Just think if they never broke up in 1985. Just think how many albums we would have as fans.

So I dont care about this live without a net dvd.

Bill Lumbergh
08-17-2004, 03:30 AM
I just watched it too dude, ended about a half hour ago. I've seen it a few times before..........but I noticed that AGAIN they make it seem like Sammy outsold Dave. Oh and Sammy DOES have the personality of a doorknob!

Bill Lumbergh
08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Not to mention Dave and Sammy's solo stats are comparable, despite the fact that Sam has released MANY more solo albums than "The Boss".

thefive
08-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I just watched it too dude, ended about a half hour ago. I've seen it a few times before..........but I noticed that AGAIN they make it seem like Sammy outsold Dave. Oh and Sammy DOES have the personality of a doorknob!

Those numbers were not accurate. They are off a bit. I dont know if vh1 got the numbers right.

Cathedral
08-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Oh, I remember this show...But it was titled "Dead Without A Roth".

I'd rather buy an enema...

Bill Lumbergh
08-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Those numbers were not accurate. They are off a bit. I dont know if vh1 got the numbers right.

Van Halen outsold Van Hagar by more than 2-1........and like I said Dave and Sammy's solo numbers arent far off from each other.

Warham
08-17-2004, 07:32 AM

ZahZoo
08-17-2004, 09:14 AM
I see the pithy ex-wives bitch club has come to life...

Matt White
08-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
damn. you sound like a bunch of jealous bitches

Nice to see that RI posters are as BORING and unintelligent as usual. Don't set any trends!

distortion9
08-17-2004, 10:55 AM
I hear their next move is to open some type of club in Mexico.

What did these fucktards take a trip in the wayback machine? For a band that "doesn't like to live in the past" and "doesn't want to be a nostalgia act", they certainly don't seem to have a problem RE-releasing shit that's already out there to be had.

LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF AT THAT JOKE OF A BAND AND ALL THEIR JOKE FANS!

You're a pathetic motherfucker if you bought that "best of" or buy this "dvd".

Mezro
08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Live Without a Hairnet

Mezro...feces in motion without the lotion...

rob100
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Ed's cigarette seems to move from from mouth to headstock to mouth again on a regular basis during the solo, without anyone touching it. That's about the only magic this show has. Hagar is so irritating.

Obviously, there was a net. :)

bueno bob
08-17-2004, 05:38 PM
I believe these DVDs will be glued to the store shelves. I saw it when it came out originally on VHS (my buddy bought it, don't blame me) and it was about as short and lame and sucky as it could be. Very weak...why is there any interest in this?

hotdog@ a shake
08-28-2004, 12:27 AM
oh puh leeze...

It's 5150 ti-i-i-me!!! what a fuckin' douchebag...

yeh ok, it's 5150 time, then here comes the criminally insane w/ "Love Walks In" and "Dreams"...bla bla ...LOL

this pathetic "LIve without a net" DVD coming out is really a fuckin' slap in the face to all the true, original fans of classic VAN HALEN!!!

this also reflects the lack of respect and integrity the current line up has for the Classic VH".

If they even had an once of class and respect, they would do it right and release a DVD w/ DAVID LEE ROTH, but I guess their waiting to do so, ow that this whole "re-union" proved to be a miserable FLOP!!!

and rightly so...

hotdog@ a shake
08-28-2004, 12:29 AM
oh puh leeze...

It's 5150 ti-i-i-me!!! what a fuckin' douchebag...

yeh ok, it's 5150 time, then here comes the criminally insane w/ "Love Walks In" and "Dreams"...bla bla ...LOL

this pathetic "LIve without a net" DVD coming out is really a fuckin' slap in the face to all the true, original fans of classic VAN HALEN!!!

this also reflects the lack of respect and integrity the current line up holds for the original line up.

If they even had an ounce of class and respect, they would do it right and release a DVD w/ DAVID LEE ROTH, but I guess their waiting to do so, now that this whole "re-union" proved to be a miserable FLOP!!!

and rightly so...

badhorsie
08-28-2004, 12:35 AM
*IF* and a big fucking *IF* Van Halen ever released classic material or a DVD of a live performance that would classify as a money grab as well right?

AJW
08-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Warham

Classic.:D

tobinentinc
08-28-2004, 12:52 AM
This is supposed to be the better of the 2 Van Hagar videos released. If they truly wanted to make money, why don't they release a Dave DVD??

Panamark
08-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Somebody should have thrown them a net.

Coyote
08-28-2004, 05:38 AM
There are better things to buy/rent than that joke of a live video...

spmusicplyr
08-28-2004, 05:49 AM
ooooooooo nice titties

Panamark
08-28-2004, 06:31 AM
what are you lookin at spmusicplyr ?

Wayne L.
08-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Live Without A Net is a great concert video from VH which DEFINES them during the Hagar era.

Coyote
08-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah, it defines them alright... as one of the most boring band of the late-80's.

=Marshall=
08-28-2004, 09:18 AM
You said it Coyote.

Now give us some 'Dave dee vee DEE'!!

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/GUY_INCOGNEATO/images/lg-137928.jpg

secrets
08-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Before introducing Van Halen's latest song Why Can't This be Love? on Top of The Pops way back in 1986 the DJ said it sounded a lot like ABBA, no kidding!

Anyone else from the UK remember that?

Lou
08-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I wish someone could post a sound byte of THAT quote!

secrets
08-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I wish someone could post a sound byte of THAT quote!

Yes it would be hilarious! It was Janice Long being very sarcastic and she said something like " ...and here's Van Halen with their latest song, which sounds more like ABBA!"

:D

Matt White
09-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Live Without A Net is a great concert video from VH which DEFINES them during the Hagar era.

WAYNE, that is SO untrue. LWAN is a Van Hagar video. It SUCKS and does actualy DEFINE them as they where/are. BORING STUFF. Beware Kiddies, this stuff will rot your brain and steal I.Q. points from 'ya just from watchin'! I'd RATHER have red hot STICKS driven into my eyes than watch that WRETCHED PILE OF MONKEY SPUNK again!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!:monekyr: :fucku: :mad2: :fucku:

EbDawson
09-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
If they truly wanted to make money, why don't they release a Dave DVD??

Let's see:

Ed and Al have their egos to worry about.

Ed's about "Looking forward, not back."

Ed got wasted one night and threw up all over the classic master tapes.

Anything else I'm overlooking?

FORD
09-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie
*IF* and a big fucking *IF* Van Halen ever released classic material or a DVD of a live performance that would classify as a money grab as well right?

Not really, since such material has never been officially released in any form.

That's different from what Eddie's done by releasing BOV1 in 1996, remastering the entire Van HALEN catalog in 2001, making another greatest hits album this year, and now re-releasing the Van Hagar DVD.

Some live Van HALEN would be a welcome change.

FORD
09-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Let's see:

Ed and Al have their egos to worry about.

Ed's about "Looking forward, not back."

Ed got wasted one night and threw up all over the classic master tapes.

Anything else I'm overlooking?

Yeah.... when the Live Van HALEN DVD outsold anything released since 1986, Eddie would finally have to admit who was as much, if not more responsible for the success of Van HALEN as himself.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by c.craig
And through the least effort...this release will basically be a transfer of the VHS to DVD.

From what I've read, NO bonus material will be included.

This is the thing that really caught my eye when I first read that they were putting this snoozefest on DVD....

Not the band's foolish notion that, all of a sudden, a massive influx of Van Hagarism would make this thing a money-maker.... That's funny enough as it is....

Dust collector, indeed....

But the fact that they're not including ANYTHING new, just slapping the thing on DVD and shipping it out....

I mean, look at this shit !!!

1. They finally put all of the rumors to rest and announce that the Velveeta One is back in the band.... However, there is no press conference, just a statement.... TO THIS DAY, there has not been one press conference.... Can you say paranoid ???

2. They announce the release of BOBW, and not only do they include the 3 silliest new songs in the history of rock and roll in there, but they also include 3 live songs from the DLR era, but instead have the version where Sambo is singing them !!!!

3. And now, they announce LWAN will be released on DVD, with no bonus material included !!! I'm not as crazy as to think they'd ever consider putting any DLR stuff in there, but at least for the dellusional Van Hagar fan, at least put SOMETHING in there !!!

Whoever in the fuck is making these decisions (and yes, I'm pretty sure who that is) either has no one giving him sound advice, or is dellusional himself....

Or both.... ;)

Matt White
09-05-2004, 06:16 PM
It is apparent now, that the question "Who is in CHARGE up on HOWDY DOWDY MOUNTAIN", is indeed a rhetorical one. We all no NO ONE is 'in charge" up there. Thier hap-hazard approach to their career suggest either total incompitence or just plain STUPIDITY. Either way, FUCK THOSE GUYS!!!! LWAN BLOWS CHUNKS!!!

:donkey:

EbDawson
09-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by FORD
. when the Live Van HALEN DVD outsold anything released since 1986, Eddie would finally have to admit who was as much, if not more responsible for the success of Van HALEN as himself.

Yeah, Ed's probably not too good at math, we all know Sammy isn't, but even he should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

EbDawson
09-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Not really, since such material has never been officially released in any form.

That's different from what Eddie's done by releasing BOV1 in 1996, remastering the entire Van HALEN catalog in 2001, making another greatest hits album this year, and now re-releasing the Van Hagar DVD.

Some live Van HALEN would be a welcome change.

Agree with you except to say that the remastering of the Classic VH was a great service to all the real VH fans. If it was also any sort of a money grab for Ed so be it.

BTW, whose decision was it to remaster the Dave CDs, Ed's or WB's? I don't really know.

FORD
09-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Agree with you except to say that the remastering of the Classic VH was a great service to all the real VH fans. If it was also any sort of a money grab for Ed so be it.

BTW, whose decision was it to remaster the Dave CDs, Ed's or WB's? I don't really know.

Rumor at the time was that it was a way to make some quick cash to pay off that fucking piece of shit Ray Danniels, who had conned his way into royalties from the entire Van Halen/Van Hagar catalog. Supposedly the legal mess with Danniels was preventing the Van HALEN reunion - or at least that's what a lot of us thought at the time. :(

Terry
09-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie

Difference between that hypothetical and the re-release of Live Without A Net is I aint gonna be buying Live Without A Net.