PDA

View Full Version : Will Republican Convention Be A Chicage '68 Madhouse?

Viking
08-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Tom Hayden, one of the central organizers of sometimes violent, civil disobedience protests at the Democratic National Convention in 1968, is pledging to disrupt this month's Republican convention with demonstrations "1,000 times bigger than Chicago," according to a report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, WND's premium, weekly, online intelligence newsletter.

Hayden, the co-founder of Students for Democratic Society, a left-wing group that splintered in the late '60s and early '70s, with one faction resorting to terrorism, is predicting between 100,000 and 1 million protesters will be in New York for the convention beginning Aug. 30.

Hayden said there were at most 6,000 on hand in Chicago in 1968.

This time, he predicted, it will be "bigger by a thousand fold," he told a foreign journalist.

He said many demonstrators were scared off by tough-talking Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. The bigger protest in New York, he said, "influences the character of everything, including the strategy of the Department of Homeland Security."

No permits have yet been issued for any planned demonstrations.

"I think people are entitled to march without a permit," said Hayden, at one time the husband of Jane Fonda and the man who orchestrated her infamous visits to North Vietnam. "When you have a few hundred thousand people on the street you have permission. Nevertheless, the good people seeking permits have to continue doing that because it might happen and they need to lay the legal foundation for a later lawsuit."

Hayden has issued what some interpret as veiled threats if New York does not accommodate the demonstrators.

"The politicians of New York have everything that is necessary to make proper decisions and they will have to live with what happens afterwards," he said. "The worst scenario is the politicians covering their eyes and turning it over to the FBI."

While at the Democratic convention in Boston this summer, Hayden was overheard by two other sources saying he would use Vietnam War-era anti-war tactics to protest Iraq and Afghanistan during the GOP convention.

A Maryland man, meanwhile, is attempting to organize counter-demonstrators to shadow Hayden's protests.

"Tom Hayden's activities (in the 1960s and 1970s) went further then demonstrations to subversive activities corrupting people on active duty, visiting Vietnam," said Roger Hall. "His activities were used to confront POWs with his claims of being war criminals. Some POWs were beaten. His wife Jane Fonda went to Vietnam on his direction, where American servicemen were falsely charged as criminals. He gave aid and comfort to the enemy. Stop evil where ever you can, this guy is evil."

Recently, Hayden served several terms in the California Legislature representing the beach town of Santa Monica.

As WND reported previously, some of the groups organizing protests at this summer's Republican convention – including an anarchist outfit planning disruptions – get funding from a foundation chaired by Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of the Democratic Party presidential nominee.

Heinz Kerry, worth as much as $1 billion according to some estimates, has directed donations in the millions to the Tides Foundation, a 28-year-old grant-making institution that funds some of the principal groups organizing demonstrations and disruptions of the GOP convention.

The umbrella coalition organizing the protests is called United for Peace and Justice – strongly critical of the war in Iraq. The coalition was sponsored by Ramsey Clark's International Action Center, which was funded by the Tides Center's Iraq Peace Fund and Peace Studies Fund. Clark's group also sponsored International ANSWER. Both groups are run by long-time communist revolutionaries.

Teresa Heinz Kerry's favorite charity has also funded The Ruckus Society, an anarchist group known for disrupting the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle in 1999 and planning similar disruptions for the New York convention. The group has been training protesters for the GOP convention in the art of sit-ins and blockades.

Mrs. Kerry, working through the Howard Heinz Endowment, oversaw the donation of more than $4 million to the Tides Foundation between 1995 and 2001.

Other groups in the United for Peace and Justice Coalition funded by Tides include the American Friends Service Committee, MADRE, the Institute for Policy Studies, the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Lawyers Guild.

Leslie Cagan, United for Peace and Justice national coordinator, a long-time communist revolutionary, also runs International ANSWER, dominated by the Communist Workers World Party. The Communist Party USA is also one of the affiliated groups under the United for Peace and Justice coalition.

There were reports last week that some of the groups headed for New York have more in mind than waving placards, marching and listening to speakers denounce President Bush.

According to the New York Daily News, fringe elements are hoping to spark major disruptions "with a series of sneaky tricks – including fooling bomb-sniffing dogs on trains bound for Penn Station."

"Internet-using anarchists are telling would-be troublemakers to decoy specially trained Labrador retrievers with gunpowder or ammonium nitrate-laced tablets in a bid to halt trains or even spur the evacuation of Madison Square Garden," the paper reported.

The Republican convention will be held at Madison Square Garden Aug. 30 through Sept. 2.

New York City police have expressed concern about the way some of these groups have used the Internet to disseminate plans for disruption. Among those messages cited:

"Go to a rifle, pistol or skeet shooting range, spend an hour shooting to saturate clothing with smell of gunpowder, go directly to a New Jersey Transit, LIRR or subway train headed for Penn Station.

"Try to have at least two people on a train in different locations, sit or stand near the doors as the train approaches the station, try to get near police and dogs, loiter as long as possible around the dog, try to pet it if possible.

"If the dog alerts on your scent, do not leave or resist; the situation will cause a major disruption of the train schedule. ... If there is more than one person on the train that causes a dog to alert, you can bet that the train will not be going anywhere for a long time ... neither will any trains behind it.

"It is important that the police call in all possible resources to investigate the situation. ... This will result in the maximum disruption. ... With any luck, Madison Square Garden will be evacuated.

"Rush hours are ideal, the final night of the convention, very good, too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39976

JCOOK
08-17-2004, 10:52 AM
I see some good ass kicking on the horizon

Satan
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
I see some very bad fascism on the horizon :(

ODShowtime
08-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
I see some good ass kicking on the horizon

Have to agree with you on that. Hippies getting beat is fun, by itself.

I don't approve of confusing bomb sniffing dogs. Now drug dogs, you can toss a stick off the empire state building and yell "fetch" for all I care, but those bomb dogs are supposed to be protecting innocent lives.

And this tactic could be used by real terrorist if there are any.

JCOOK
08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Tom Hayden and his ilk are terrorists

ODShowtime
08-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Satan, you are getting a little out of character here. Don't you support facism?

I thought you would dig people getting their asses beat for trying to speak out against Bush.

WolfStar999
08-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Extremists fuckin suck. These guys aren't doing us legitimate activists any favors. Apparently, they never heard the old adage that "the right to swing my fist ends where your nose begins".

LoungeMachine
08-17-2004, 11:19 AM

Ridge, Ashcroft, Cheney, and their ilk are terrorists

They feed on fear

knuckleboner
08-17-2004, 11:20 AM
amen to that. they make it much tougher for legimamite criticism because many of the independents will get (understandably so) turned off by the whacko-extremists.

Satan
08-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Satan, you are getting a little out of character here. Don't you support facism?

I thought you would dig people getting their asses beat for trying to speak out against Bush.

Evil should never be combined with stupidity. Neither should power. This is my problem with Bush Jr. He's much too dumb for the job.

DLR'sCock
08-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Don't be surprised by "plants" that are popping up on the internet and that will be at the Bush Admin. Protests at the RNC to devalue the legitimate protests and criticism...

The thing is, there was only a handful of protestors at the DNC, maybe thousand....the absolute most...yet I noticed quite a bit of coverage on it, and nobody in that fucking cage....there will be a few hundred thousand protestors at RNC Neo-Fascist Convention in NYC, and well that makes the repukes look bad....they don't want this to happen at all....

DLR'sCock
08-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
amen to that. they make it much tougher for legimamite criticism because many of the independents will get (understandably so) turned off by the whacko-extremists.

Yes, there will be real protestors that fuck it up, but at the same time there will be organized or "self-inspired" plants that will want to fuck things up and delegitimize the cause...

I know I will be in NYC....so it will be interesting...

JCOOK
08-17-2004, 02:08 PM
I just wanna see some good commie leftwing liberal pinko hippie ass kickin-- but thats 'just me

WolfStar999
08-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I just wanna see some good commie leftwing liberal pinko hippie ass kickin-- but thats 'just me

Betcha you'd change your tune if the beat-downs were administered to conservative protesters. But you know what? Fuck violence- against conservatives and liberals alike. That ain't the way to get things done in this country...now pranks and caffiene-fuelled mischief & mayhem, THAT is something I can get behind!

For no reason, here's some SPAM!
:hagar3:

"Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam..."

JCOOK
08-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Anybody that uses violence in their protests should get the shit kicked out them-Dem or Reb.

BigBadBrian
08-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock

I know I will be in NYC....so it will be interesting...

Hopefully, you get your skull caved in by a riot officer's baton..... :gulp:

FORD
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Big Train
08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Legitimate protest is fine, but violence and things that fuck with actual security is completely uncool, especially in this day and age. The people in NYC are nervous enough as is, to have some anarchists (or if you feel more comfortable, “Plants”) come in and do their deeds for the “cause” will cause more polarizing and possibly more sympathy for the Republicans (and this coming from a conservative). The sort of things that happened at the WTO in Seattle, I don’t think would fly in NYC and I hope that it doesn’t come down to that.

FORD
08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Legitimate protest is fine, but violence and things that fuck with actual security is completely uncool, especially in this day and age. The people in NYC are nervous enough as is, to have some anarchists (or if you feel more comfortable, “Plants”) come in and do their deeds for the “cause” will cause more polarizing and possibly more sympathy for the Republicans (and this coming from a conservative). The sort of things that happened at the WTO in Seattle, I don’t think would fly in NYC and I hope that it doesn’t come down to that.

The damage done at WTO was done by the plants. When you see some asshole kicking in a Starbucks window, still holding the $4 coffee he just paid for in his hand, it's not hard to notice that his motives may be less than genuine. Furthermore, in 1999, before the Patriot Act and Feds taking pictures of protests, there's no way that legitimate protestors would have felt the need to hide behind ski masks. There were thousands of legit protestors there and a handful of jackbooted jackasses ruined it for everybody.

Something worse WILL happen at the NYC convention, I can almost guarantee it. These fascist BCE assholes have been looking for any excuse to brand those who oppose the regime as "terrorists" and what better opportunity than this?

Big Train
08-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Ford,

Let me ask you this. Do you think every last one of those troublemakers and those wearing ski masks were "BCE Fascist assholes"?

Why do the ELF, ALF and all those other hid behind them then?

knuckleboner
08-18-2004, 11:57 PM

Why do the ELF, ALF and all those other hid behind them then?

come on...you know the chicks don't shave anywhere, and the guys have never seen a personal hygine product that wasn't animal tested.

these militant, whacko environmentalists are hiding for OUR benefit...

Wayne L.
08-20-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't think the Republican National Convention will be similiar to the infamous 68 Democratic Convention but I'm expecting some violent protest from radical liberal groups against Bush for this, that & the other which has nothing to do with politics or the war in Iraq which will BACKFIRE in the protestors faces in November.

BigBadBrian
08-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Peaceful protest is fine. Just don't block traffic, especially for emergency vehicles. Do that and you need to be SLAMMED!!!! :spank:

LoungeMachine
08-20-2004, 12:07 PM

So is The Shrub, Asscroft, and Ridge.

They rule by FEAR

DLR'sCock
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Hopefully, you get your skull caved in by a riot officer's baton..... :gulp:

that's ok, i know you're truly a scumabg....you're just showing those true colors...

DLR'sCock
08-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I expect a couple of morons to act up and do the wrong thing, but I will not be surprised if there are plants that get out of line simply to cause trouble....

Big Train
08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Will you be able to tell the difference between the "plants" and "morons"?

BigBadBrian
08-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
that's ok, i know you're truly a scumabg....you're just showing those true colors...

Ease up, Cock....I was just fucking with you. ;) :)

Do the right thing and protest peacefully. Don't let ANYONE block any emergency vehicles, however. I'm serious as a fuckin' heart attack about that. It pisses me off to no end to hear about that. I don't give a damn who is protesting or for what.

DLR'sCock
08-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I have never done anything but protest peacefully, and I don't go to protests that often(actually I would say it's kinda rare that I do). I also wanted to say that being I work in a hospital, I more than understand the importance of safe passage for emergency vehicles.

DLR'sCock
08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Will you be able to tell the difference between the "plants" and "morons"?

Well, that would have some importance to be able to do so eh'?? Nonetheless, I am only for legitimate peaceful protest, as are more than 99.99999% of people, but as they say, it only takes one asshole to ruin a party...