PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better classic band, Led Zeppelin or Van Halen?

Full Bug
01-21-2004, 03:12 PM
We all know Zeppelin is classic, maybe cant be beat, if you were on a desert island what band would you have to hear, Zep or VH ?If you had a choice, what would you pick?
My choice has to go to LZ as much as I love classic VH, I have to go with this one.....
What do others think:?
IO will give the other option, explain why you would pick it, keep in mind its only ONE album......

Full Bug
01-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Give me VH1 and Fair Warning and I would survive.......:cool:

Full Bug
01-21-2004, 03:18 PM
I picked VH, but meant to pick LZ........

Lou
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I love Van Halen, but the answer is Led Zeppelin and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. Especially if you look at what each did for music. LZ's impact is far, far greater than VH's.

flappo
01-21-2004, 04:01 PM
..actually i think it's a tie between queen , classic vh and classic who

zep are vastly overrated on record AND live imho

flappo
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
..jimmy page live is pathetic , he's either too stoned or too nervous too get his shit together or a combo of both

..and after pz , what did they do of any worth ?

..presence has 2 grate tracks the rest suck , the live 1973 album is crap and in thru the out door is total garbage

diamond den™
01-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Led Zepplin all the way :)

lesfunk
01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Led Zeppelin
but If it were a real desert Island, it would be Van Halen.
Vh is more motivational for hunting wild peccary...

knuckleboner
01-21-2004, 04:49 PM
van halen - 1984.

the first album that really introduced the knuckleboner to rock music.

i've definitely come to like zepplin. but van halen was my first.

ZahZoo
01-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I voted Zep... to me they are more Classic rock. I view Van Halen as more Contemporay rock with Elephant balls!!!

Terry
01-21-2004, 05:02 PM
If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd choose a mix tape of both, with the following songs:

How Many More Times
On Fire
Communication Breakdown
Ice Cream Man
The Lemon Song
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
What Is (And What Should Never Be)
DOA
That's The Way
Romeo Delight
Celebration Day
Could This Be Magic?
When The Levee Breaks
Dirty Movies
Four Sticks
Sinner's Swing!
Dancing Days
The Full Bug
The Ocean
Secrets
Sick Again
Girl Gone Bad
The Wanton Song
House Of Pain
Hots On For Nowhere
Caroselambra
I'm Gonna Crawl

Terry
01-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Well, John Paul Jones walks all over Mike Anthony.
Van Halen's backing vocals were better, but with Zep you didn't even really need any.
John Bonham blows AVH away.
Plant vs. Roth? Both great frontmen for different reasons.
Page vs. Eddie? Page has the edge in terms of composition, Eddie in terms of execution.
Somebody got it right when they said Page can suck live. Have heard plenty of boots where you listen to Page and wonder how high on smack he was that night.

In the end, what Zep did by taking the time to release that DVD (am not really counting the album, 'How The West Was Won'), in terms of the work that went into it and the end result gives them the edge over Halen.

Plant had a son die while he was in that group, and they all lost Bonham at the end. Considering all that, the fact that the surviving three could even stand to be in the same room together, never mind take the time to put something out for the fans (sure, Zep will make their money off it as well, but fair enough) is miles beyond the petty bullshit that Van Halen has allowed to split the band, never mind preventing THEM from putting out a similar release.

Lou
01-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Here's another thing that must be considered--all the different styles of music LZ put out besides hard rock and roll. Their acoustic country/folk side is unmatched by any other rock and roll band. They had the blues element that VH never did quite have. Jones' organ/mellotron stuff was awesome (e.g. Thank You, The Rain Song, No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot)--again, something VH lacked.

As far as the comment about what did they have after Physical Graffiti--OK let's say everything after that did suck. So pit LZ's first 6 vs. VH's original six--LZ wins by a country mile.

Catfish
01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
CVH is my favorite but let's show some fucking respect toward the masters!

Catfish
01-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by flappo
..actually i think it's a tie between queen , classic vh and classic who

zep are vastly overrated on record AND live imho

Queen?
What the fuck is that shit???

flappo
01-21-2004, 05:41 PM
..just the 2nd most sucsessful british rock band in the uk after teh beatles

..just the most sucsessful south american chart band of all time

..just the sellers of more than 100million records , 3 of which are STILL recording now

..just the purveyors of we will rock you , the stage show thats beens old out in london's west end for 2 years solid and is moving to the usa etc asap

..just the gratest live band ever

..do you enjoy being owned , dipshit ?

..get used to it

:D

..cos me and hitcho are on a roll

HOOHAA™!

flappo
01-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Here's another thing that must be considered--all the different styles of music LZ put out besides hard rock and roll. Their acoustic country/folk side is unmatched by any other rock and roll band. They had the blues element that VH never did quite have. Jones' organ/mellotron stuff was awesome (e.g. Thank You, The Rain Song, No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot)--again, something VH lacked.

As far as the comment about what did they have after Physical Graffiti--OK let's say everything after that did suck. So pit LZ's first 6 vs. VH's original six--LZ wins by a country mile.

..i digress

VAN HALEN 1 is and always will be the gratest hard rock debut album ever

..words dont describe its grateness fully

..van halen 2 gives way to lz 2 - i agree - whole lotta love - nuff said

but lz 3 vs wacf

you serious ??

lz 3 was awful , total crap - apart from sibly and is its shyte

lz 4 vs fw

hmm

clo$e call

altho lz4 has only 3-4 truly grate tracks

versus fws all of em- can anyone HONESTLY say that fw is not a masterwork ??

vh's weakest - dd vs hoth - zep win here - mainly cos dd is so crap

altho they both are simllar in that they both diverged immensely from teh frock norm , zep with dyer maker and vh with big bad bill

finally the big guns

PZ vs 1984

to be honest

has anyone listened to side 2 & 3 of teh double lp ?

the first 3 tracks of pg are incredible - best zep ever arguably , but after that , it takes side 4 to pick things up

whilst the entire of 1984 - apart from ill wait is 100% exc

i still give vh the nod

purely cos they seemed to have fun , while zep seemed to disaappear up their own asshole

:)

Catfish
01-21-2004, 06:33 PM
You and Bitch can tongue my long, white sausage.

I couldn’t care less how many records they sold. So I guess Limp Bizkit is one of the greatest of all time, too? Or N Stink? Britney Spears packs ‘em in, too. Is she up there past ‘Zep? I know she’s on the same page as Freddy since they both take/took it three-hole.

Elements of Queen were great, but this is a fuckin’ joke, man. Just their name alone should rocket them out of ROCK’s Top 20 all-time list. You CANNOT be serious. For fuck’s sake, VAN HAGAR rocked harder than those guys!

Little Texan
01-21-2004, 07:11 PM
I like Van Halen much better than Led Zep, which I have never cared that much for. Led Zeppelin is one of the most overrated rock bands in history, behind the Beatles. I like a few Zep tunes, but that is about it. I like none of the Beatles songs. Flame away.

Wayne L.
01-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I think Led Zeppelin & Van Halen are equally great legendary rock bands with equally great legendary rock guitarists as in Jimmy Page & Eddie & Eddie Van Halen & equally great legendary frontmen in rock as in Robert Plant & David Lee Roth with few equals in thr history of rock & roll. IMHO, there aren't many rock bands out today that could record & release timeless classic rock albums like Fair Warning & Houses Of The Holy.

T4GUITAR
01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Led Zeppelin and Van Halen w/DLR are my two favorite bands ever in that order. I'd have to say that on a stranded Island I'd pick Van Halen w/DLR because it has a more summer time sound. I think Led Zeppelin 4 is the greatest album ever recorded. I think Page is the more talented musician and blows away technically his peers (Clapton, Beck, Richards) of his era. Eddie is more technically talented than Page. I've always thought Van Halen carried the torch after Led Zeppelin. They both wrote and performed awsome music.

Tom

Dr. Love
01-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I like Van Halen much better than Led Zep, which I have never cared that much for. Led Zeppelin is one of the most overrated rock bands in history, behind the Beatles. I like a few Zep tunes, but that is about it. I like none of the Beatles songs. Flame away.

I agree 100%

Lou
01-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by T4GUITAR
Led Zeppelin and Van Halen w/DLR are my two favorite bands ever in that order.

Me too :)

rustoffa
01-21-2004, 11:10 PM
I'll steer clear of the hate for a second and mention a similair comparison,or maybe just a load of shite depending...early Priest and Sabbath....Sabbath was blues-based,Priest wasn't.Zep and VH,same thing.As far as the desert island thing goes,I'd rather have the pygmys on the other side of the hill hear "I am the ruler of these netherworlds" than "It is the summer of my smiles - flee from me Keepers of the Gloom".Get that birkenstock shit the fuck off my island....

Von Halen
01-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I'd take the first 6 Van Halen albums over any Zep album, anytime, anywhere.

TMR
01-22-2004, 02:17 AM
VAN HALEN! David Lee Roth is far better then Robert Plant....Plant is cool but he doesn't compare to the Toast Master General!

Sinclair
01-22-2004, 04:11 AM
Let me take my DVD player and the LedZep Double DVD and I'll manage..

flappo
01-22-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Catfish
You and Bitch can tongue my long, white sausage.

I couldn’t care less how many records they sold. So I guess Limp Bizkit is one of the greatest of all time, too? Or N Stink? Britney Spears packs ‘em in, too. Is she up there past ‘Zep? I know she’s on the same page as Freddy since they both take/took it three-hole.

Elements of Queen were great, but this is a fuckin’ joke, man. Just their name alone should rocket them out of ROCK’s Top 20 all-time list. You CANNOT be serious. For fuck’s sake, VAN HAGAR rocked harder than those guys!

..queen can't rock?

..yeah , i guess that's why when they did the freddie mercury tribute , james hetfield did a cover of stone cold cazy and called it the gratest heavy rock song ever made - moron

..you're a douchebag , are you related to knockz ?

ELVIS
01-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Bunch of GAY ASS BLOW HARDS choose Dead Zeppelin over Van Halen ???

I'm embarrased to be posting in a thread infiltrated with so many QUEERS !!

You all should be on the hitchlist (trademark)...

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-22-2004, 04:35 AM
BTW..

I voted that full bong is Gay and likes Hip-Hop...

flappo
01-22-2004, 04:50 AM
..plant was the best member of zep and even he has to bow to dave and freddie as a frontman , he had the looks , but his voice was weak in comparison , dave had a rough raw huskiness that combined with his incredible screeches , screams and yelps created a defining moment in rock history , basically anyone can do a plant on karaoke , can anyne do a roth or freddie tho ?

doubt it

..page was mediocre at best - clapton , beck and hendrix owned him , then in the 70's blackmore , may and in the 80's edward , vai , satriani etc

..page is a grate producer , not so grate a performer

..john paul jones = dullard

..bonham - monotonous bang bang bang - his beat always follows the same pattern - he's NO keith moon , lacking moonie's imagination and subtelty

DavidLeeNatra
01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
led zep or classic =VH= on a desert island? I'd rather take "california girls" as a single and hope for some native chicks to bang than LZ...sorry, I also think they are much overrated...

and for all you queen bashers...listen to the mercury-tribute concert and hear how plant (among maaaaaaaany others) sucks when he tried to sing freddie's tunes...they did rock...

pardo
01-22-2004, 09:08 AM
I hate Queen.

The Who were infinately better IMO.

After seeing the Zep DVD, I have to say that Robert Plant can sing his fuckin ass off. I wouldn't go as far to say that he's the strongest member, but he blew me away! Zepplin was amazingly honest and natural.

But I'd pick the 6 Halen disks and a small bag of mushroom stems.

Gmoney
01-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Sorry guys, but Led Zepplin was a better classic rock band.

But then again, it's hard to compare one era to another.

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
BTW..

I voted that full bong is Gay and likes Hip-Hop...
Bite me Elvis, LOL.....:D
Some great responces to this thread, the thing is one day I would pick LZ, the next I would pick VH, a good thing I ain't standed on a island.......:D

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pardo

But I'd pick the 6 Halen disks and a small bag of mushroom stems.
VH and a mushroom buzz sounds like a plan for any day......:cool:

Junyore Grades
01-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm on a desert island and I have to chose between Van Halen and Led Zep... one choice deprives me of the other.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I walk over to the wreckage of the SS Minow and patch the holes with bone fragments from the seven stranded castaways I have previously et (seven people have enough vitamins and minerals to equal one bowl of Total) using apoxy sealant the professer had recently made.

As I sail into the harbor at Honalulu, Hawaiia, my clothes drinched in castaway blood, I explain to the athorities that it was the evil Canadian, Full Bug, who had me to make such a horrendous decision.

Full Bug is hanged at dawn the very next day.

After several years of therapy I return to a normal life, listening to any band I want to, forever and ever.

The End

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Junyore Grades
I explain to the athorities that it was the evil Canadian, Full Bug, who had me to make such a horrendous decision.
Full Bug is hanged at dawn the very next day.
The End
If your going to hang me, can I have a beer first? Sort of last request......You gotta watch us Canadians, we are a sneaky bunch.....
Funny post JG.....:D :p :D

pardo
01-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd just make a 72 minute cd mix of the intro to Everybody Wants Some and the the middle part of Whole Lotta Love. Then I'd paint myself up DLR style and go huntin.

Then I'd build a hut and masterbate.

Junyore Grades
01-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
If your going to hang me, can I have a beer first? Sort of last request......You gotta watch us Canadians, we are a sneaky bunch.....
Funny post JG.....:D :p :D

One crappy Molsen for one crappy question, then off to the gallows.

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 12:13 PM
One crappy Molsen for one crappy question, then off to the gallows.
Crappy Molsen? What do you drink tough guy, 4% Bud? Everyone knows American beer is weak, I bet I could drink you under the table.......;) :D :bottle:

Junyore Grades
01-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Crappy Molsen? What do you drink tough guy, 4% Bud? Everyone knows American beer is weak, I bet I could drink you under the table.......;) :D :bottle:

Hey man, no need to get your maple leaf all up in a wad!! !

It's not like I said Nelson After Dark or Black Bear, or even Sleemen's, I said Molsen, that crap in a botlle you all try to pass off over here as "good Canadian Brew".

I mostly stick to micro-breweries and dark beer, such as Guiness Extra Stout and Saranac Growler Black n' Tan. I just never did care for the flavour of a Molsen.

Now, here's a question for you. If you were in Rock n' Roll Prison, what would you prefer? Bread or water?

rustoffa
01-22-2004, 02:36 PM

It's not like I said Nelson After Dark or Black Bear, or even Sleemen's, I said Molsen, that crap in a botlle you all try to pass off over here as "good Canadian Brew".

I mostly stick to micro-breweries and dark beer, such as Guiness Extra Stout and Saranac Growler Black n' Tan. I just never did care for the flavour of a Molsen.

Now, here's a question for you. If you were in Rock n' Roll Prison, what would you prefer? Bread or water?
subjective view here (http://pabst.madre.net/pbrmisc/pbr.wav)

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 02:49 PM

No bread, no water, just the taste of crisp clear Canadian beer, EH?:D
I actually like Guiness , although I couldnt drink a 12 of it, maybe 2-3 will do, Im half Irish so that would explain that part of it......
The other part is German, so my love for beer has deep roots........:cool:

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 02:52 PM
that crap in a botlle you all try to pass off over here as "good Canadian Brew".

You wish you had beer as good as here, whatever......:rolleyes: :D

Junyore Grades
01-22-2004, 03:11 PM
You wish you had beer as good as here

That should be in your national anthem. Yes, sadly our "King of Beer" is no more noble than the Royal Piss Boy.

azcrdnal
01-22-2004, 09:34 PM
fuck ledzeppelin vh way better

azcrdnal
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
VANHALEN YOU STUPID FUCKS DAVID LEE ROTH................

rustoffa
01-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by azcrdnal
VANHALEN YOU STUPID FUCKS DAVID LEE ROTH................
TESTIFY!!!!! :killer:

DLR7884
01-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Led Zeppelin is by far the better band.

At least they didn't tarnish their name after Bonham died.

VH should have called it quits when Dave left.

DLR7884
Zep did more for music, plain and simple.

rustoffa
01-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884

DLR7884
how does plain and simple do more for music?don't get me wrong,Ricky Nelson was kinda good too....:D

Full Bug
01-22-2004, 11:35 PM

DLR7884
You said it bro, best post so far, quick and on the money,....

Little Texan
01-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Is this a Led Zeppelin, or a Van Halen site? Van Halen sounds MUCH better to these ears! I like maybe 2 or 3 LZ songs, but I like nearly every song on all six Van Halen albums! To each his own, I guess.

Lou
01-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Is this a Led Zeppelin, or a Van Halen site? Van Halen sounds MUCH better to these ears! I like maybe 2 or 3 LZ songs, but I like nearly every song on all six Van Halen albums! To each his own, I guess.

What do you have to choose one or the other?

TMR
01-23-2004, 01:05 AM
JESUS, I can't believe what i'm reading here? Is this a LED ZEP website or a DLR site?

DAVID LEE ROTH has out shined PLANT's CAREER a LONG TIME AGO. If you think Plant or the band is better then DLR and VAN HALEN you must be smoking the wrong shit.

Plant ended his career after how many solo efforts? Not many! Daivd has been around and hasn't given up. Do you see Plant on tour with anything new?

TMR
01-23-2004, 01:10 AM

Finally a True fan of VH!

Junyore Grades
01-23-2004, 11:13 AM
..bonham - monotonous bang bang bang - his beat always follows the same pattern - he's NO keith moon , lacking moonie's imagination and subtelty

You sir, are a cad!

*takes glove from Michael Jackson and swipes flappo's left and right cheek*

I will admit that I'm more of a fan of Van Halen, but have had many memorable moments with Led Zepplin playing in the background.

John Bonham had many varied beats. You must be trippin! Stairway to Heaven, in its self, had three different time changes. When the Levy Breaks, Four Stix, The Immigrent Song; all vastly different beats.

To never hear Moby Dick again? Part of my musical foundation would crumble.

I'm sure if you posed the same question to DLR, he'd be trying to find a way off the island too, and couldn't imagine a world without either Led Zeppelin or Van Halen.

Polk High
01-23-2004, 04:15 PM
roth and ed over plant and page. plus you could guarentee that the crowd would be better at a classic VH show. at least everyone would be walking

DLR7884
01-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Robert Plant just toured for that new hippy album he did.

I thought the question here was between VH and Zep, not the lead singers....that's a different argument.

Van Halen molded themselves after Led Zeppelin in many ways. Nobody can deny that. They were bettter than Zep in many ways as well.

The question was if I was on a desert island, which catalog of albums would I bring.

My answer was Zeppelin....waaaaaay more diversity between the songs and albums.

I still love old school VH, don't get me wrong.

DLR7884
But gotta give Zep the nod.

Dave IS VH
01-24-2004, 04:41 AM
I like Classic Van Halen with Dave better then Zeppline but when it comes to Van Halen with Sammy Zeppline is alot better but when it comes to which band is more poupler I would have to go with Zeppline they are more recornized and their music seems to live on when van halen has kind of died off a few years back

DLR7884
01-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey "Dave IS VH"--

Where in the fuck did you learn to spell and write sentences?

I could barely understand what you wrote because it's all one sentence.

Please learn to fucking spell and how to form sentences before you post here again.

DLR7884
Thanks, shit for brains! :)

P.S.
There is a spell check button.

Dave IS VH
01-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Hey "Dave IS VH"--

Where in the fuck did you learn to spell and write sentences?

I could barely understand what you wrote because it's all one sentence.

Please learn to fucking spell and how to form sentences before you post here again.

DLR7884
Thanks, shit for brains! :)

P.S.
There is a spell check button.

Hey man lay off!!!!!!

ELVIS
01-25-2004, 03:00 AM
"Hey man lay off!!!!!!" is an incomplete sentence.

Dave IS VH
01-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Sorry I didn't know this was an Fucking Spelling or grammar class.

ELVIS
01-25-2004, 03:07 AM
Okay...

Who the hell is Zeppline ??

..and Van Halen did NOT
model themselves after Zepplin...

..and who the hell gives a rats ASS
about Led FREAKING ZepplinE ??????

DavidLeeNatra
01-25-2004, 05:35 AM
the king has spoken...

flappo
01-25-2004, 06:10 AM
..personally i think vh are more like the who than zep anyway

..same carefree abandon , same crazy party attitude and the same musical genius and screaming macho frontman with a virtuoso bass player and brilliant drumer

..if ANYTHING , zep copied the who !

pete
01-25-2004, 10:09 AM
great is always great. someone doesn't come along and make something once great, not great.

And they'll both always be great.

flappo
01-25-2004, 10:12 AM
great , dont you mean grate ?

pete
01-25-2004, 10:22 AM
great , dont you mean grate ?
i stand corrected

ELVIS
01-25-2004, 11:06 AM
meow

meow

meow

MEOW MAN !!

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Led Zeppeline is grate. I think Bob Plante, James Pagee, Johnny Paul Jonese, and John Bonhame were all grate.

DLR7884
Van Halene is grate too!

flappo
01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah , but not as grate as this lot !

www.thebananasplits.com

flappo
01-25-2004, 12:40 PM
..alex ?

http://www.thebananasplits.com/maxd.jpg

Golden AWe
01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I wanna listen to "Stairway to heaven" in the end of the night with the lady and play it by the campfire...and yesss, "In my time of dying" is what I want them to play at the funeral...and yesss, "What is and what should never be" always makes me smile...

but when I feel alive I listen to Van Halen. It's the attitude.

And yeah I love the Queen...

The answer to the original question might still be Black Sabbath with their first six...

thekmann
01-26-2004, 05:11 AM
As much as I like Zep I would pick Van Halen any day. I can only take so much of Plant's voice. He starts to sound like Yoko Ono after awhile. At least Dave sounds off like he's got a pair.

pete
01-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
meow

meow

meow

MEOW MAN !!

let's leave religion and politics out of this.

Igosplut
01-26-2004, 06:43 AM
Stranded on a desert island??? Fuck music and boats.

I'd rather have an apache attack helicopter... Faster way off than a boat, and twice as usefull when I got it home.....

Mr Badguy
01-26-2004, 08:56 AM
I`ll pick Led Zeppelin if only for the diminishing stature of VH since Roth left.

If they had packed up in 1984, well...

VH had the better frontman and guitarist but Zep had a far better rythym section.

They bothe pale into insignificance next to the greatest band ever:

JUDAS PRIEST!

THE PRIEST HAVE NO PEER!

BEHOLD THE PRIEST!

flappo
01-26-2004, 09:15 AM
bollox

queen own vh anyway

Mr Badguy
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
No chance.

Priest invented everything we love about Heavy Metal.

And their frontman was gayer and more camp than Queens.

And that`s saying something.

I can`t concur with you on this, Flappo.

Dave IS VH
01-29-2004, 02:51 AM
Priest is different they are classfiy as Heavy Metal and zeppelin and VH are classfiy as Hard Rock.

flappo
01-29-2004, 07:27 AM
..this thread will self destruct in 10 minutes

http://binrock.net/cowgod/crap/boards/10minutes-countdown.gif

Full Bug
01-29-2004, 09:22 AM
..this thread will self destruct in 10 minutes

Say it ain't so Flappo, my threads almost never last more then 1 page.....:D

flappo
01-29-2004, 10:27 AM
http://binrock.net/cowgod/crap/boards/homer-kissass.jpg

S.P.G
01-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I have to agree with flappo,
Queen own vh as well as the rest of the world and would piss over any band.
Freedie was one of the greatest front men of all time. his vocal quality even on
made in heaven when he was half dead was superb! Brian and roger are the best in their trade (brian at par with eddie if not better). The only bass player better than deacon was entwhistle. Queen are the superband!

flappo
01-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by S.P.G
I have to agree with flappo,
Queen own vh as well as the rest of the world and would piss over any band.
Freedie was one of the greatest front men of all time. his vocal quality even on
made in heaven when he was half dead was superb! Brian and roger are the best in their trade (brian at par with eddie if not better). The only bass player better than deacon was entwhistle. Queen are the superband!

..my new sig

:D

Full Bug
01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
So whats your problem with me Flappo? I have been a target of Hitch lately, so you just jump on the bandwagon? I always suspected you were a coat tail riding kinda guy, Hitch makes a few jokes of me and you just ride along, eh? Lame, at least Hitch is original, you are his shadow, lame lame lame.....
Hitch and I are cool with each other, what the hell are you? Oh yeah, a shadow looking to somehow be cool one day.....:rolleyes:

ian_doherty
02-01-2004, 03:01 AM
are you kidding?

how could you even ask..

VAN HALEN with David Lee Roth was the best band of all time .

Led Zeppelin in comparison was horrible.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Led Zeppelin was not "horrible" compared to Van Halen.

There would be no Van Halen as we know it if it weren't for a band like Zep for them to look up to.

DLR7884
End of story.

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Ok we should add some other bands to the Tread also even thew Van Halen and Led zeppelin music is similar. We should maybe compare them to the following classic bands also.

Kiss which Van Halen wouldn't be anywhere without
Queen
AC/DC
The Who
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi their classic stuff from the 80's
motley Cure
etc.

Of course Van Halen with Dave would all kick their ass but all of them are great bands.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:25 AM
Dude, are you some sort of fucking retard?

I thought I told you to learn how to spell and form sentences.

Jesus Christ! My 6 year-old neice has a better grasp of the language than you do.

Sarge, you need to start a forum for people who can't read, write, or form a sentence.

It's hard to read broken english.

DLR7884
Fucking painful, too.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
Ok we should add some other bands to the Tread also even thew Van Halen and Led zeppelin music is similar. We should maybe compare them to the following classic bands also.

Kiss which Van Halen wouldn't be anywhere without
Queen
AC/DC
The Who
Def Leppard
motley Cure
etc.

Of course Van Halen with Dave would all kick their ass but all of them are great bands.

Who is etc.?

DLR7884
Do I know any of their songs?

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:28 AM
Dude, are you some sort of fucking retard?

I thought I told you to learn how to spell and form sentences.

Jesus Christ! My 6 year-old neice has a better grasp of the language than you do.

Sarge, you need to start a forum for people who can't read, write, or form a sentence.

It's hard to read broken english.

DLR7884
Fucking painful, too.

Dude I spelled checked it and every thing is spelled right besides what is it to you?

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Etc means even more bands but too many to name.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:31 AM
If I want to read what a retard writes, I'll go visit one at the Special Olympics and have him write me a letter.

You are a fucking idiot and I'm absolutely ashamed to have my posts anywhere near yours.

Don't bother responding....I'll probably get a headache trying to decipher (do you know what that means?) what you are trying to say.

DLR7884
Someone please close this thread.

MAX
02-01-2004, 03:31 AM
motley Cure

Hahahaha!!!! You ARE kidding right? Bon Jovi "Classic stuff?" To what in the fuck are you referring? I've yet to hear the term "Classic" Bon Jovi until reading your post? Also, who in the fuck is "motley Cure?" Were they new wave?

LMAO!!!!

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:32 AM

I know that, skidmark.

I was being sarcastic.

DLR7884
This is too funny to be real.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Thank you MAX.

DLR7884
I knew I wasn't the only one. :)

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:37 AM
ok Motley Crue Sorry Jesus!!!!!

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:40 AM
His name is MAX, not Jesus, dumbass.

Was that supposed to be read as one, two, or three sentences?

We can't tell because you don't know how to seperate your stupid thoughts or lame ideas with commas or periods.

DLR7884
Un-fucking-believable.

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Dude don't you have anything else to do besides judice my ideas and my posts? I think I get what I need of my chest alright. This is the last time I will respond this shit is getting old!!!!!

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Dude don't you have anything else to do besides judice my ideas and my posts? I think I get what I need of my chest alright. This is the last time I will respond this shit is getting old!!!!!

If I knew what "judice" was I would answer your question.

You dumb, me smart.

You will respond again, morons like you always do.

As far as "getting what you need of your chest" goes; I don't know how posting to this board helps you clean your boyfriends shit off your chest.

DLR7884
You like the old Boston steamer, don't ya?

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Dude you never give up do you? I put commas and periods in my posts. "clean your boyfriends shit off your chest" come on grow up. What does this stuff have to do with DLR or Classic Van Halen? Excuse me for being a DLR or Classic VH fan.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 04:04 AM
I told you that you'd reply.

I fucking own you.

Stop replying, and for God's sake, can somebody close this fucking thread?

DLR7884
I'm a DLR and classic VH fan too, except I'm not a fucking idiot like you, faggot.

MAX
02-01-2004, 04:06 AM
Thank you MAX.

Anytime! I wish that I could chat a bit longer but I have to get back to WinMX. I'm still searching for some "Classic" Jovi and some motley Cure. If they are up there with Zep or The Mighty Van Halen, I HAVE to hear it!!!! :D Fuck, I'm an old dude, I'm really surprised that I missed hearing any of their "classics" growing up. :confused:

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 04:08 AM
LMFAO.

DLR7884

MAX
02-01-2004, 04:14 AM

I know, I think you forgot to mention The Skorpyuns as well. :p Or how about Dunken, Joodus Preest, or WraTT???

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 04:22 AM
I always liked Whitsnak and some of the stuff Poysen did.

DLR7884

MAX
02-01-2004, 04:33 AM
LOL! I's a big fan of klassik Poysen! Too bad thay don't play much uv them on the raydee-O no merrr. Do you like Irun Maydun? I always thought they was Kewl!!! While we're tawlkin klassic wrock, you gotta incluse the best of the best. By that, i mean fookin' WOOR-UNT dood!!! RAWK un Wroll!!!

Sheez mie Cherri PYE!!!!

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 05:06 AM
LMAO.

I think we killed this thread.

DLR7884
And it's about time!

Mr Badguy
02-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MAX
LOL! I's a big fan of klassik Poysen! Too bad thay don't play much uv them on the raydee-O no merrr. Do you like Irun Maydun? I always thought they was Kewl!!! While we're tawlkin klassic wrock, you gotta incluse the best of the best. By that, i mean fookin' WOOR-UNT dood!!! RAWK un Wroll!!!

Sheez mie Cherri PYE!!!!

Hey, who let Paul Stanley in?

nutts
02-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Keep going !

Dave IS VH
02-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I spelled the names of a couple of bands wrong. I guess thats enough to get everyone pissed. Please can someone close this Thread.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 03:20 PM
No, you being an idiot pisses everyone off.

Learn to type so we know what idiotic thought you are trying to share.

DLR7884
You are 25 for Christ's sake.

rustoffa
02-01-2004, 05:46 PM
I spelled the names of a couple of bands wrong. I guess thats enough to get everyone pissed. Please can someone close this Thread.
I'm not pissed,but you should give it up man.I mean...take a look at yourself!
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/dangerous_goods/quills.jpg

Junyore Grades
02-02-2004, 11:05 AM
ho oked, on. fonicks",: work-ed; from` I!

Dave IS VH
02-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Can, we please let this thread die?

DLR7884
02-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Can, we please let this thread die?

It'll die when you quite posting.

Haven't we made you look like enough of an idiot?

Let it go, you aren't gonna get the last word. If you do, it would probably be spelled wrong and nobody would be able to read it.

Quit being such a bitch, and stop posting.

I told you that you would continute to reply, and I'm obviously right.....again.

DLR7884
Don't fucking post to this thread again, bitch.

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.

DLR7884
01-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Ahhh, the good old days.

DLR7884
I had fucked owned that dude.

jojo2371
01-05-2005, 06:38 PM
dlr7884 thanx for makin this the funniest thread today ! and max i was thinkin the same thing crue? bon jovi? classic rock ? wtf ? god that was too funny i almost snarfed my soda !!!!!

tjvhou812
01-05-2005, 06:59 PM
van halen shits on led zep.....

man i like led zep, but...BUT BUT.....

next to vh they suck.....period........

now go post at the page and plant site....

conyo
01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
VH legacy was ruined by Sammy and Gary. Aep became a legend after Bonham died...so should Alex.

VH played Zep songs in the early days and Ed used to hold Page in high regard, now he worships Alan Holdworth...What the fuck.

VH3 sucks...Zep 3 rocks!

Sorry Zep it is....

Alex
Damn you Sammy

DLRdelight!
01-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I would choose CVH to be with me on the island, that way we could go on crazy adventures and have a blast, CVH is just more entertaining than Led Zep ever was live

frets5150
01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
V A N H A L E N

Knucklebones
01-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Led Zeppelin has more fillers then they have good tracks. CVH has no fillers that I can even think of other then Saturday Afternoon in the Park.

CVH all the way.

azcrdnal
01-06-2005, 01:10 AM
We all know Zeppelin is classic, maybe cant be beat, if you were on a desert island what band would you have to hear, Zep or VH ?If you had a choice, what would you pick?
My choice has to go to LZ as much as I love classic VH, I have to go with this one.....
What do others think:?
IO will give the other option, explain why you would pick it, keep in mind its only ONE album...... ledzepelin blows shit fuck plant page jones and the fucking dead drummer let the juice run down my leg.

Dan
01-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Van Halen 1984.

tydhurst
01-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Zeppelin's History is better preserved, and they wrote more memorable songs. They Quit when they were ahead (and when Bonzo Died) but Van Halen are just an embarassment nowadys. Like, if Steven Tyler had died in the 80s like they all thought he was gonna, Aerosmith's legacy would be legendary, and not as powerballady s it is now!

ODShowtime
01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=353960

VH80-84
01-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Van Halen is the only choice! Van Halen not Van Hagar or Van Cherone.

Led Zeppelin sounds great on record but live... it doesn't seem like it.

Van Halen was great both on record, and live. There was and is nobody like them, even Van Hagar w/ 3 out of 4 of the same guys.

hard rock
01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
As good as led zep is they are a bit overated. Some people said that zep played different styles of music like folk and blues and you know what so has cvh. Van halen put on record a variety of styles from heavy blues like fools, take your whiskey home and even ice cream man even thought its a cover. Jazzy influences are heard in songs like bottoms up, im the one ( come mon mon mon baby bottoms up + baba da shoo be do wop) and tunes like big bad bill and happy trails even though again they are covers. Classic Vh even touched lightly on disco with push comes to shove and slight disco style in jamies cryin. no other band used keyboards with out making it sound cheesey like cvh. van halen even touched on punk with atomic punk and one foot out the door. new wave with dancing in the streets again a cover but great non the less. Eddie Van halen is better than page. some will say page best of early 70`s and thats not even the case listen to ace frehley on alive 1 and then listen to page on how the west was one no comparison.

DLR7884
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by conyo
VH legacy was ruined by Sammy and Gary. Aep became a legend after Bonham died...so should Alex.

VH played Zep songs in the early days and Ed used to hold Page in high regard, now he worships Alan Holdworth...What the fuck.

VH3 sucks...Zep 3 rocks!

Sorry Zep it is....

Alex
Damn you Sammy

DON'T COPY MY POSTING STYLE.

DLR7884
I'M NOT FLATTERED.

Vivian Campbell
01-06-2005, 11:02 AM
..plant was the best member of zep and even he has to bow to dave and freddie as a frontman , he had the looks , but his voice was weak in comparison , dave had a rough raw huskiness that combined with his incredible screeches , screams and yelps created a defining moment in rock history , basically anyone can do a plant on karaoke , can anyne do a roth or freddie tho ?

doubt it

..page was mediocre at best - clapton , beck and hendrix owned him , then in the 70's blackmore , may and in the 80's edward , vai , satriani etc

..page is a grate producer , not so grate a performer

..john paul jones = dullard

Right on Flappo! I grow tired of this constant knee jerk "Led Zep is the best rock band" crap. Zep is a talented band, but they have been over hyped by the media elites for years. Bands like Deep Purple, Queen, and Van Halen are much more deserving of high praise.

The 70s belonged to the guitar greatness of Ritchie Blackmore and Tony Iommi - not Jimmy Page.

DavidLeeNatra
01-06-2005, 12:33 PM
DON'T COPY MY POSTING STYLE.

DLR7884
I'M NOT FLATTERED.

TAKE IT AS A COMPLIMENT

DLN
LAUGHINGMYFUCKINGASSOFF

TwoFoolsAMinute
01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
My arguement is not who is a better band, LZ or VH. But back to the original question....If i'm stuck on an island (one with a stereo) for the rest of my life and had only one album to listen to forever, it better damn well have David Lee Roth on it!!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
My arguement is not who is a better band, LZ or VH. But back to the original question....If i'm stuck on an island (one with a stereo) for the rest of my life and had only one album to listen to forever, it better damn well have David Lee Roth on it!!!

amen!!!

moose
01-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Fuck that, Zep this and Zep that, enuff already, granted they were a good band , but shit you can only listen to them once in a blue moon. Gimme Roth and Eddie any day of the week 24hrs non-stop. That music kept ya goin. Zep on the other hand had it's hi's and fuck you had to be stoned beyond recognition when the "bluesy" stuff came outta your speakers. Don't get me wrong Zep is a good..naw I'll say it was a great band right up to Zep 4( I fuckin HATE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN) after that their stuff SUCKED(one or two tracks off of PG are good). Sorry gang just my feeling.

My sentiments exactly Twofools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

flappo
01-06-2005, 02:21 PM
they're both crap

queen uber alles

Nickdfresh
01-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I love both!

But having grown up where classic rock stations play Led Zeppelin songs about EVERY FUCKING EIGHT SECONDS!, I think I prefer C/Van Halen.

DavidLeeNatra
01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
they're both crap

you'll burn for that... :D

1978 Fan
02-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Simply because of the way that Jimmy Page would expand and explore so many of Zeppelin's songs in concert..... I would have to go with the Best Led Zeppelin - Live over the great CVH.

I saw Led Zeppelin 8 times, and, I saw CVH almost than many times. Van Halen on their best night, as great as that was, was not as good as Led Zeppelin on thier Best Nights.

And that's the way it was! ! !

kamaboko
02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
i think it's a toss up b/t zep and air supply. both are about as interesting musically.

Matt White
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
You must be a Hagar fan..................

Atomic Dyver
02-11-2007, 11:59 PM
With all due respect to Zep....Classic Van Halen was the sound track to my youth. But if I am trapped on a an island and can have the CVH, I better have a great system to listen to it on!!!! And a full bar..

1978 Fan
02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver
With all due respect to Zep....Classic Van Halen was the sound track to my youth. But if I am trapped on a an island and can have the CVH, I better have a great system to listen to it on!!!! And a full bar..

MY teenage youth was Led Zeppelin.

But, I remember well, on into in my 20's, single, and out by the pool, and I can tell you that NOTHING goes better poolside than CVH!

CVH is what Summer is all about !

Concerts that fucking blew my mind.... now that's... Led Zeppelin. :cool:

Shuey
02-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Are you kidding me???? Are you a bunch of pole smokers? I take it; most here don’t even know how to play Guitar! Let alone understand the History of V.H or rock & roll!
Please do you’re self a favor & go read up on V.H … V.H wouldn’t be anything with out Led Zeppelin, The mighty Led started it all… Ya GOOFS! Pull you’re head out.

Peace.

jgdrag
02-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Classic Van Halen, as in VH1.

DeadMan1984
02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I've picked other and gone with The Who 68-78 as best classic band ever. Their studio records were masterpieces and their live shows could not and will never be matched.

kamaboko
02-12-2007, 09:40 AM
the "hagar fan" replies have turned stale and moldy at best. please get those few synapes you have left to conjur up something remotely original.
Originally posted by Matt White
You must be a Hagar fan..................

the "hagar fan" replies have turned stale and moldy at best. please get those few synapses you have left to fire up something remotely original.

zep sucks. always have and always will. plant, with his solo stuff on the other hand, has produced some good tunes.

Matt White
02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kamaboko
the "hagar fan" replies have turned stale and moldy at best. please get those few synapes you have left to conjur up something remotely original.

the "hagar fan" replies have turned stale and moldy at best. please get those few synapses you have left to fire up something remotely original.

zep sucks. always have and always will. plant, with his solo stuff on the other hand, has produced some good tunes.

LOL That's comedy....

If LED ZEPPELIN is over your head...it's a safe bet your a fan of Cheese & Power ballads.....

I can't help it if the truth hurts.....:p

1978 Fan
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I do sympathize with some of you young ones that have only heard a few Zep tunes over and over courtesy of Classic Rock Radio. And, after all, Zep is not available YET for you to actively request on Jukebox Music services. So it is kind of hard for you to listen to anything but the radio "hits", without making a purchase.

But, just in case you happen upon a friend that has a Zeppelin collection, I recommend you dig out the following HARD ROCK samplings to listen to:

GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES

BABE, I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU

HOW MANY MORE TIMES

DAZED AND CONFUSED

HOW MANY MORE TIMES

HEARTBREAKER

FOUR STICKS

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME (LIVE)

NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE

THE ROVER

TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT

NIGHT FLIGHT

IN THE EVENING

WE'RE GONNA GROOVE

IMMIGRANT SONG (LIVE)

---------------------------------
And Listen to AND Watch their live Musical performances from their DVD release simply titled Led Zeppelin "DVD"

BLACK DOG

MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP

SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU

THE OCEAN

--------------------------------

:killer: THE MUSIC AND THE PERFORMANCES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. :killer:

quinny
02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
So, so unfair to compare!

Led Zep were pioneers and some of their music is masterful, truly.

Whoever bags these guys are for the asylum.

They both serve a significant place in rock history-and that is that.

If there was a creditable debate, it would be vigouress and passionate from both points of view. I will take CVH for my own ears though.

PS For those who bag Queen, whether you like them or not, they are also a significant pioneer in rock history. Very unigue band who put real light and shade into heavy rock especially in their early years.

But for sure it is blasphemy to compare the greats.

Eyes of the Night
02-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Zep ...

kamaboko
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
the typical zep fan has a subscription to columbia house record of the month club. they grew up repeating what their friends said on the school playground, "zep is cool" for fear of expressing their own opinion (usually due to the fact that they didn't have one, or couldn't formulate one). moreover, in spite of their columbia house subscription, they have about 10 records...maybe even a few 8 tracks. lol. given the wide body of music available world wide, zep ranks very mediocure on my list. robert plant on the other hand has released some truly good music since leaving that band. it was the best thing he had ever done.

General Hina
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Plant vs. Roth? Both great frontmen for different reasons.

I noticed that when you compare Plant to Roth you call them frontmen so you could avoid the word vocalist??? Bottom line...Plant blows Roth out of the water!!

Over & Out,
General Hina

Matt White
02-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I rest my case......

If you don't get LED ZEPPELIN...you're probably watching AMERICAN IDOL and actually enjoying it......

CASE CLOSED

yah
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Zeppelin has a stronger musical catalogue, also live they kicked ass for most of their 12 yrs.....the 1980 Zeppelin Over Europe had some musically stunning live versions of their songs.
It's probably too late for them now, but they should have done at least a mini-tour with Jason Bonham in the last 18 yrs.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Love CVH, but got to go with Zep. The greatest rock band of all time. IMO. And I certainly agree with Mr White, if you don't get Zeppelin, you probably don't have very good taste in music. How does a band sell 300 million albums, if they are not connecting musically, with people, on a world wide scale?

vh rides again
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
zepplins a great band, they were in thier generation, what vanhalen was in ours, innovators and all around damn good musicians.

robert plant had a wide ranging voice, excellent rock and roll voice.
but if you ask me, he was a drag to watch, he didnt have shit for showmanship, hardly ever left the mic stand. he sometimes reminded me of a pansy waving his hands around like a girl..
he aint no david lee roth .

dave on the other hand, just had the perfect, rock and roll, vanhalen voice, nobody else could have done it. his sound was perfect.
and a fun motherfucker to watch.

if i get one record to take with me to the grave, it will be diver down.
my second choice would probably be something early in AC/DCs career with bon scott.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey VH rides again, why Diver Down?

vh rides again
02-13-2007, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
Hey VH rides again, why Diver Down? [/Q

thats a hard question, wish i had an answer that everyone would think was really deep and shit but........

because it has my favorite tunes of all time on there.

the full bug
hang em high
little guitars
where have all the good times gone

those songs just grew on me, when i crank the harman kardon up and my house is shakin to those tunes, i just forget every problem in the world.
aint that what music is supposed to do?.
then i come back to reality, LOL.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-13-2007, 12:41 AM
That is not my favorite VH album, but Full Bug is one of my favorite tunes. I remember when that album came out. My best friend and I had just started smokin weed and I remember listening to it on my Sony walkman. WOW I hadn't thought about that until now. The sounds comin through those headphones. I thought , man Edward is the master. Who would have thought, that the ride was nearing an end?

DaveTheSoulOfVH
02-13-2007, 12:59 AM
it's VVVAAAAAANNNNNNNNN HAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLEEEEEENNNNNN !!!!

Led Zeppelin ?!??...what a boring band !...:p :D