PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry Confuses Himself With Bob Kerrey

Sgt Schultz
08-18-2004, 09:24 AM
John Kerry Confuses Himself With Bob Kerrey
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/thorphalanx/kerry_site.gif
Link to page on Kerry Website now pulled down (http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:P4bGZKdmZ_QJ:blog.johnkerry.com/rapidresponse/archives/002455.html+&hl=en)

Of course John Kerry is afraid to run on his left-wing Senate record, but does that mean he should pose as a colleague?

Imagine the screaming headlines and nationwide media ridicule if President Bush confused himself with another pol. But don't expect the New York Times and company to report this:

In trying to defend his horrendous record on intelligence "and spin their way out of his lousy committee attendance record," Kerry's campaign "claimed on its website Monday, 'John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence for 8 years and is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.' Fact is John Kerry has never – ever! – served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence," the Republican National Committee noted today.

"Turns out, there as a senator named Bob Kerrey from Nebraska who was vice chairman for a while. Kerry’s website later pulled the plug on the page, which might be construed as a metaphor for the whole campaign."

The RNC suggested: "Instead of posting false qualifications on the campaign website, maybe it would be wiser for John Kerry and the Gang That Couldn’t Spin Straight to follow the advice of House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who called on the Kerry campaign Monday to end the controversy by simply releasing his committee attendance records. What are the odds?"

And thanks to Bush-Cheney '04 for finding this quote Feb. 10, 1994, in the Congressional Record from Kerry's Democrat colleague Dennis DeConcini, then a U.S. senator from Arizona: "Mr. President, the Kerry amendment includes a $1 billion cut in fiscal year 1994 and $5 billion over the next 5 years from intelligence activities."

Here's what Rep. Hastert said Monday: "John Kerry served on the Intelligence Committee from 1993 to 2000, and according to official records, John Kerry missed 76 percent of the public Senate Intelligence Committee hearings during that time. This figure doesn’t include his attendance at closed door meetings. Those records can only be released to the public at John Kerry’s request. This is something that needs to be done, and I join Senator Roberts, Senator Chambliss, Senator Cornyn, and Senator Coleman and others in calling on him to do so, so that the American people can judge the whole picture for themselves."

Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said Sunday on "Meet the Press," "The easiest way out of this is for John Kerry and John Edwards to request of Senator Rockefeller and myself to release the attendance hearings; not only the public hearings, which they have rebutted, but the closed hearings."

Sen. John Warner, R-Va., said Sunday on CNN: "So I would go to what is solid, uncontrovertible fact, and that is the records that each committee keeps with regard to the attendance at every hearing of all the members, whether they're there or not. Now, those records are available. John Kerry, if he questions the authenticity of this ad that's out there now, should simply get those records and put them into the public domain."

Let's see, is there a positive spin to the fact that Kerry missed 38 of 49 public hearings of the Intelligence Committee, including the June 8, 2000, hearing on the National Commission on Terrorism's warning about the terrorist threat? Well, at least his 22 percent attendance rate was better than his Senate attendance recently.

knuckleboner
08-18-2004, 11:28 AM
if anything, the kerry website guys (no, not kerry, himself, as i'm sure he's not updating the site...) are guilty of relying on bad intel;)

(from the above website:

[Cleveland Plain Dealer, 11/6/96, 7/20/97; Boston Globe 6/28/97; The Guardian, 6/19/96]

the newspapers obviously made a mistake and the website used them. somebody realised the mistake and the site was changed. fire the website manager, perhaps, but it's not that big a deal...

ELVIS
08-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Unless George Bush did the same thing...:rolleyes:

FORD
08-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Considering he's got the same name as his daddy, that scenario is even more likely than mixing up "Kerry" and "Kerrey".

Only problem is that most of the mistakes Poppy made, Junior has already made as well - and usually worse than his dad :p

JCOOK
08-18-2004, 11:48 AM
IM'sure that its' seared in his memory that he is Bob Kerrey

knuckleboner
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

if george bush's website did the same thing, quoting an article that mixed up him and his dad, i'd say the same thing, big E.

it's a minor detail. it's not as if bush (or kerry, in this case), themselves confused things. and when the mistake was found, it was removed.

kerry's favorite red sox player is a worse faux paux. especially for a guy from massachuesets...

ODShowtime
08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
uh, oh. Kerry's website intern made a mistake while researching. I guess I should just vote for a murdering fool instead now.

JCOOK
08-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Im'sure that Johnny didnt' mean to shoot that gook in the back

John Ashcroft
08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Or burn down his village...

FORD
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
War is Hell

Big Train
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
War is Hell...if your an asian boy running away from Kerry.

Keeyth
08-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
uh, oh. Kerry's website intern made a mistake while researching. I guess I should just vote for a murdering fool instead now.

LMAO!:D

LoungeMachine
08-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Only problem is that most of the mistakes Poppy made, Junior has already made as well - and usually worse than his dad :p

Especially the excerpt from poppy's book talking about how only an IDIOT would invade Iraq and become an occupying force, which would only lead to a quagmire, thousands of lives lost, nothing gained, and the further polarization of the region.

who knew poppy had a brain?

One and Done

LoungeMachine
08-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Just how many deferments [sp?] did you have Johnnie?, I believe Dickie had 5.

And junior? Why again couldn't he make his physical?

I see, it's much BRAVER to order in the 101st. from a telephone than actually REPORT FOR DUTY

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

John Mcain a baby killer?

How about Max Cleland?

Funny how only DEMS are village burning baby killers in your book. Meanwhile draft dodging chicken Hawks are "patriots" in your book

See you in November. Polish up that resume

LoungeMachine
08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
War is Hell...if your an asian boy running away from Kerry.

or 1,000 men and women sacrificed for ego, oil, and revenge by an Idiot

Funny how the "fog of war" becomes so clear when it suits your purpose

LoungeMachine
08-18-2004, 08:29 PM

Care to estimate how many villages have been burned down in the last 17 months?

of course not. That would fuck up your weak argument

FORD
08-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

who knew poppy had a brain?

The list of human beings who I would rank higher in despicability than George Herbert Walker Bush Sr would be very short (including his Hitler funding father and idiot son) but one thing I would never call Poppy (unlike Junior) is "stupid".

While Prescott and his partners the Dulles brothers laid the foundations of the Bush Criminal Empire, it was Poppy who built them into the satanic powerhouse that they are. It was he who dealt the drugs, trained the terrorists, killed the Kennedys (probably not personally) and everything else that's moved the BCE agenda forward. You don't get away with all that if you're a dumbass.

Big Train
08-19-2004, 03:01 AM
The "Fog of War" doesn't suit my purpose? Once again, what your driving at isn't clear to me.

The fact is it happened, there is no fog around it at all. war is hell period. That isn't for or against any argument, it just is.

John Ashcroft
08-19-2004, 08:17 AM

Dude, take a pill, and let go of the hate.

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 09:14 AM

That would be zero.

JCOOK
08-19-2004, 09:33 AM
FORD-what do you mean not personally if GB1 had any thing to with killing the Kennedys that makes him a murderer

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Dude, take a pill, and let go of the hate.

Good advice for Rush Limbaugh

Care to narrow your question a bit for me?

Are you speaking of my hatred for the Bush Family, The Current Administration, or You?

John Ashcroft
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
I think your mommy's calling again.

Run along now junior.

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
That would be zero.

Are you actually claiming that we haven't DESTROYED any neighborhoods in Iraq?

Not killed tens of thousands of civilians?

wow. amazing.

You and The Shrub must be the only 2 people left NOT to read newspapers.

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I think your mommy's calling again.

Run along now junior.

May I quote you?

I mean THAT was some comeback. stellar.

You must be the first ever to use the mommy's calling you card

Your debate skills terrify me

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Just how many deferments [sp?] did you have Johnnie?, I believe Dickie had 5.

And junior? Why again couldn't he make his physical?

Answer his question John... ...7.
John Ashcroft had 7 deferrments to get him out of going to Vietnam so he could (metaphorically) cower under his desk, only to emerge today to try and dishonor Kerry's tour of duty in which he earned 3 purple hearts and was wounded fighting to defend his country. Fucking ChickenHawk!

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Answer his question John... ...7.
John Ashcroft had 7 deferrments to get him out of going to Vietnam so he could (metaphorically) cower under his desk, only to emerge today to try and dishonor Kerry's tour of duty in which he earned 3 purple hearts and was wounded fighting to defend his country. Fucking ChickenHawk!

top notch call out, K

be warned, you're about to be told your mommy's calling you

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Are you actually claiming that we haven't DESTROYED any neighborhoods in Iraq?

Not killed tens of thousands of civilians?

wow. amazing.

You and The Shrub must be the only 2 people left NOT to read newspapers.

You said,
"Care to estimate how many villages have been burned down in the last 17 months?"

Now you are saying "neighborhoods" - so which is it then?

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 01:26 PM
You said,
"Care to estimate how many villages have been burned down in the last 17 months?"

Semantics from an anti-semite. Huh.

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 01:29 PM
You said,

get real

villages / neighborhood / city blocks /

I mean come on

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Semantics from an anti-semite. Huh.

You calling me an anti-semite?

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 01:42 PM
get real

villages / neighborhood / city blocks /

I mean come on

If you want to have a discussion then you have to try to be clear about what you mean. Most people define "village" as an entire town, not a "neighborhood". In an earlier post someone was talking about burning down villages in Vietnam - entire villages and puposely depopulating an area and/or village. This has not and is not being done in Iraq.

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 02:25 PM
You calling me an anti-semite?

Well, the name Sgt Schultz is from Hogan's Heros, right? An easy association to make...

LoungeMachine
08-19-2004, 02:30 PM
If you want to have a discussion then you have to try to be clear about what you mean. Most people define "village" as an entire town, not a "neighborhood". In an earlier post someone was talking about burning down villages in Vietnam - entire villages and puposely depopulating an area and/or village. This has not and is not being done in Iraq.

May I assume then by your rationalization that you are proud of our work there?

If so, I respect your opinion, however I disagree with my entire soul.

We destroyed a nation that posed no threat to us, as a distraction from the real enemy. disgusting.

There is NO justification whatsoever for our actions IN MY OPINION.

Any post trying to sway me is pointless.

JCOOK
08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Time will tell if Bush fucked up or not ..we can speculate all we want

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, the name Sgt Schultz is from Hogan's Heros, right? An easy association to make...

John Banner, the man that played Sgt. Schultz was an Austrian Jew who fled from the Nazis. Werner Klemperer, who played Colonel Klink was also Jewish and fled from Nazi Germany. I like the irony. Plus, I use Sgt Shultz because at one time well all "Knew nothing!" about what was going on with Van Halen.

Sgt Schultz
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
May I assume then by your rationalization that you are proud of our work there?

If so, I respect your opinion, however I disagree with my entire soul.

We destroyed a nation that posed no threat to us, as a distraction from the real enemy. disgusting.

There is NO justification whatsoever for our actions IN MY OPINION.

Any post trying to sway me is pointless.

I have no intention of trying to sway you. However, I want us to be talking about the same thing. And I respect your opinion too.

Yes, I am very proud of what the U.S. has done in Iraq. It is hardly destroyed, not even close. See: Germany, 1945, for that.

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 07:16 PM
John Banner, the man that played Sgt. Schultz was an Austrian Jew who fled from the Nazis. Werner Klemperer, who played Colonel Klink was also Jewish and fled from Nazi Germany. I like the irony. Plus, I use Sgt Shultz because at one time well all "Knew nothing!" about what was going on with Van Halen.

Touche !:D

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I have no intention of trying to sway you. However, I want us to be talking about the same thing. And I respect your opinion too.

Yes, I am very proud of what the U.S. has done in Iraq. It is hardly destroyed, not even close. See: Germany, 1945, for that.

Proud of what we've done in Iraq??? PROUD??? What part makes you proud? The abuses at Abu Griab? The kicking in the front doors and terrorizing of scores of families looking for 'terrorists', and nine times out of ten being at the wrong house? The look of fear on the innocent women and childen in those homes? The senseless waste of human life on both sides fighting a country who did nothing to start this? This was supposed to be about 9-11. Osama bin Laden.
Not oil ventures and some stupid Presidents egomaniacal mission about going after the bad guy that daddy couldn't get just for the sake of doing it because he could...

Keeyth
08-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Time will tell if Bush fucked up or not ..we can speculate all we want

Oh, I think it's pretty obvious time has told like a tattling little school girl:

Bush Fucked Up!

The more time goes on, the more we find out how much he fucked up.

John Ashcroft
08-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Everyone should be extrememly proud of what America has done in Iraq.

I'm amazed that the supposed "human rights" crowd would prefer to reopen Saddam's torture chamber than to have democracy in Iraq.

LoungeMachine
08-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Everyone should be extrememly proud of what America has done in Iraq.

I'm amazed that the supposed "human rights" crowd would prefer to reopen Saddam's torture chamber than to have democracy in Iraq.

It is reopened, under new management, perhaps you've read a newspaper lately.

Ang why does it have to be an "either / or" with you people?

Either Saddam's murderous ways.....or OUR murderous ways. Ever contemplate perhaps a third option?

Rummy BLEW it
Rice BLEW it
Wolfie BLEW it
Bremer BLEW it.
Tenet BLEW it

They all made colassal [sp] errors from start to finish. It cost US lives NEEDLESSLY. It cost innocent Iraqi lives NEEDLESSLY

But in your mind, the end justfies the means. Problem with that theory is, the end is STILL nowhere in sight.

March, 2003 - "end of major combat"
April, 2003 - " insurgents?, bring 'em on!"

You be proud all you want Johnnie. The MAJORITY in this country now believe that war was a mistake, entered into under false pretenses, and a failure to date.

Colin Powell, Richard Clarke, et al were right all along.

Where are the Perles of the world now? Notice all of the architects of this mess either gone or going.

See you in November